BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: GATR RIDE 07/14/2011 HARLAN KY - PHOTOS AND RECAP  (Read 18958 times)

BigJerm

Re: GATR RIDE 07/14/2011 HARLAN KY - PHOTOS AND RECAP
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2011, 11:38:29 AM »
For sure  {toast}

Its amazing what you can do with some good spotters

Offline Uncle Randy

• Visitor
  • Cherish every minute
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2011, 12:35:31 PM »
Well, as Kvom stated, I got off to a wild start on the campground access road. Learned a lot. NEVER unload a trailer on a steep, gravel road. I should have known better. Never again!! Very lucky I did not lose truck, trailer, jeep and myself. If it had jacknifed 15 feet up the road, it was no trees to stop it and a 20 or 30 foot (??) drop. So lucky I only had minor damage. One trailer tail light, and bent up the aluminum box on the front of the trailer. (went to Harlan, got two tires and a trailer light). Counting my blessings. I can't imagine the carnage that could have happened. But I put that behind me and had a great time. Broke on trail for first time. Hope it's the last. LOL. Trashed two tires on the way up. And one on the way home. I think there was something wrong with the tires (rotten??), but I could not tell by looking at them.
thanks for all the help guys. it's nice to know that when you are out there, you will be taken care of if you have a problem. Will, Richard, Mark-Thanks for the aid.  And I know anyone of the group would jump in and lend a hand whenever one was/is needed. This is a great bunch. thanks for all your help.  I also want to say great job-Lawton. That was amazing for a stock jeep. Kevin-you also did awesome with one locker (front). I know you had a great time wheelin with the locker. And you too, Seth. You did very well. I guess that's enough of a good rant!
Did anyone get back with NO damage??
Happy trails.-RR
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 02:10:25 PM by Ranryn »
Randy
'06TJ
Treekiller

Offline barrettsyj

• Visitor
  • crossedup4x4.com
    • crossed up 4x4
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2011, 01:00:01 PM »
look like yal had a good time. there trails looked awsome. will have to make it there one day.
break it to make it!!!

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
I've grown tired of this.

mdo817

« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2011, 02:31:16 PM »
Randy, sorry we didn't tackle your repair, but that one was probbaly going to be a good 4 or 5 hour repair and it was getting late and we were tired, glad you understood. This weekend was a blast, I just finished washing all the mud and coal off the old heep to inspect. My list as it stands right now was a u-joint (go figure) I will be tackleing that long needed fix next, it sucks knowing you got the axles to beat on, but the wrap is going to kill you. Crunched in rain gutter and body above the driver rear door. Folded back a none folding mirrow on drivers door. Removed mirrow on passenger door. Rubbed and dent rear passenger door on a rock to try and make it match rear driver. Backed the spare tire into a rock and bent tire carrier. Elgonated the rear spring hangers on the front leaf springs. Think that's about it for now. All I can say is D@mn what a fun place. Everyone did great, spotting was great and for everyone that didn't make this trip you missed out. And for the hierarchy that didn't make the trip {no} but we did bust on yall all weekend.  ;D

I didn't take but a few pictures, I'll get them posted when I find the cable for the camera.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2011, 03:10:35 PM »
Randy, sorry we didn't tackle your repair, but that one was probbaly going to be a good 4 or 5 hour repair and it was getting late and we were tired, glad you understood. This weekend was a blast, I just finished washing all the mud and coal off the old heep to inspect. My list as it stands right now was a u-joint (go figure) I will be tackleing that long needed fix next, it sucks knowing you got the axles to beat on, but the wrap is going to kill you. Crunched in rain gutter and body above the driver rear door. Folded back a none folding mirrow on drivers door. Removed mirrow on passenger door. Rubbed and dent rear passenger door on a rock to try and make it match rear driver. Backed the spare tire into a rock and bent tire carrier. Elgonated the rear spring hangers on the front leaf springs. Think that's about it for now. All I can say is D@mn what a fun place. Everyone did great, spotting was great and for everyone that didn't make this trip you missed out. And for the hierarchy that didn't make the trip {no} but we did bust on yall all weekend.  ;D

I didn't take but a few pictures, I'll get them posted when I find the cable for the camera.

Sounds like a perfect weekend!  Dang what a list lol. 

Is this going to be an annual thing, or are we going to head back in the fall?

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2011, 03:23:36 PM »
Anybody else take Larry's line?

Tween a rock and a hard place?

Richard

Re: Re: GATR RIDE 07/14/2011 HARLAN KY - PHOTOS AND RECAP
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2011, 03:24:13 PM »
I would love to see this place in the fall. Heck 3 times a yr would work for me. And would justify a yr pass

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2011, 03:30:19 PM »
Mike attempted it but he ended up dry humping the ledge. As far as this place in the fall... absofreakinlutley! It would be amazing up there. Doug, you really should be kicking yourself as should you Matt and Adam. It was the trip of the year. It is the closest to tellico I have found yet. {toast}

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2011, 03:39:10 PM »
Mike attempted it but he ended up dry humping the ledge. As far as this place in the fall... absofreakinlutley! It would be amazing up there. Doug, you really should be kicking yourself as should you Matt and Adam. It was the trip of the year. It is the closest to tellico I have found yet. {toast}

Hey, I'm feelin it.  Wish it would have worked out for me.  We'll just have to top it next time.

So but I definitely want to go, and it sounds like a fall trip would be perfect with the weather and leaves changing.

I guess we went last time, but didn't see all of the good stuff!  lol 

No takers on the Den?  Not even Larry?

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2011, 03:47:08 PM »
The 1st day we were up there I tried to get KVOM to get in it. He opted out but then said I could take his rig into it the next day. Never came to be though. He left suddenly in the night so not sure what happened with him. Maybe Randy finally drove him bonkers?!  :D But we decided to skip it when Larry got in because of the distance and he would be the only 1 in the den. We did see about 75% of the trails on this trip. Lots more to see if you could take 4-5 good wheelin days it could be done. The map they have it great other than no orientation on it. Alot of hitting trails and figuring which way to go. It was the hardest leading ride I have done in a long time. I think we did good together making the stockers, built guys happy though. We only split up once but it was mainly because I got on a trail and got to far up to back down (would not have tried) so we split and met for lunch in the middle rock garden. All in all it really was a great trip and everyone behaved (except Jimmy).  ;D My hat goes off to Richard and Mark for the trail repairs, Mike for the parts run and Will for his trail repair and rock gathering skills in his breathable blue fishing shirt. He is now known as rock monkey. We are working on the app for that. :D

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2011, 03:56:14 PM »
some more video...

/>
this sums up thursday night/morning...
/>
And Mike Failing to exit the trail...