BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: POTTS Construction  (Read 1161 times)

Richard

Re: Re: POTTS Construction
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2011, 10:19:16 AM »
I do drive about 45min each way. It sux but does pay the bills. I do know that new gas hog I mean jk will not get driven much at 12 mpg

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
Re: POTTS Construction
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2011, 10:31:20 AM »
It will be hard to find the "perfect" job as it just does not exist anymore. If I could just figure out how to get an offroad parts store and mountain bike shop combined ;D But, I have to look at what I have right now. Which is a job, close to home and very flexible hours. I may not enjoy what I am doing currently but it is putting meals on the table. I will just keep looking. I may sound slack, but I am ready to have 1 hat on my head instead of 8 or more. And the dress code needs to be shorts and t shirt, flip flops optional :D My job used to be a blast and I looked forward to going in to work. Not anymore. Times are tough and unfortunately the really fun jobs have been cut out. It is really tough out there right now and so I am thankful to have what I got.
I've grown tired of this.

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2011, 10:38:21 AM »
Yes the stress is the kicker for me too, for 22 years I had job that was 20 miles round trip. Then six years ago I took a job that takes 80 miles round trip but the stress is gone and it's for a Aerospace company that is striving in these times.
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2011, 10:41:08 AM »
You get what I am wanting then. Hard to find and it may come down to me getting away from my graphics career for awhile. I am honestly ready to do some physical labor again. Been sitting behind this desk for 9 years. All of my previous jobs have been labor related. Nothing like earning a living the hard way ;)

Offline Do Work 93 YJ

• Visitor
  • Ready To Ride
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2011, 11:44:02 AM »
I'll trade with ya Ben. You can have this heat and I'll come sit in the AC. {no} And I miss my 80 and 90 mile commutes now that I have been working out of town since January. But like said it puts food on the table and pays the bills. I would luv to have a job close to the house but just don't think the money is there especially since my wife just lost her job last week. :-\
Do Work Aka Moon Man. What you lack in technique make up in throttle! Or a set of cheater tires.

My Build Threads
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=3683.msg62464#msg62464

http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=6862.0

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2011, 02:38:46 PM »
I would have to say, if you are employed now, you are blessed! It is crazy out there.

Offline Ben H.

• Visitor
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2011, 05:06:34 PM »
I would have to say, if you are employed now, you are blessed! It is crazy out there.

Tell me about it. I've been done with school for about a month now and currently I have got no luck finding jobs. I'm having trouble even getting calls.
1993 Jeep Grand Wagoneer ZJ V8

ghostdancer308

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2011, 08:00:45 PM »
...long drives? {hardlaugh}...

mdo817

« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2011, 08:02:24 PM »
...long drives? {hardlaugh}...
Hell G, you don't drive, you ride.  {toast} Thanks, people like you "riding" makes it so I can almost afford to drive.

ranger11

« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2011, 08:20:25 PM »
G bring some of that cheap gas back next time. Not the kind the kind that puts you in the hospital either.  {popcorn}

ghostdancer308

« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2011, 05:47:39 AM »
I wish I could. Gas is still below 1$ there in some areas...@Mark, I know...I ride half a world away 3 times a year and now we are changing rotations, so I will be home only 2x a year. It was 137 degrees week before last, we are taking huge pay-cuts on my end as well....just trying to say, sometimes taking a chance has its rewards. I don't like the Mid-East but it pays the bills. We all want jobs we love and to be well compensated for it. That would be in a perfect world. Times are tough for all of us. Sacrifice and compromise "could" have its rewards. Don't live in regret!!

Offline drich394

• Visitor
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2011, 06:47:36 AM »
damn, fuel less than a dollor - that's  :bs) , the oil companies piss me off- everytime im at the pump, which now is every 2 day....  WTF

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM