BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Durhamtown's Jeep Poker run  (Read 8004 times)

Offline SouthGeorgiaRunner

• Visitor
Re: Durhamtown's Jeep Poker run
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2011, 01:31:24 PM »
Im going sunday to mess around in the new area. Probably wont do the poker thing...
1995 4runner, 3.0, 5 speed, Centerforce I, Addicted front bumper, Trail Gear sliders, Marlin rear bumper, XRC 8000, 36x1350x15 bias ply Iroks, Chromoly shafts front and rear, Spartan locker front, Arb rear

mdo817

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2011, 01:45:42 PM »
A couple of us rode last weekend at Dtown, update is...

Big Mike is working on the trails, he has a track hoe on site and he cleaned up some trees on the natural rock garden on the new side, he cut into the banks looking for more rock (he found clay)  :(  one of the banks he cut in they made a couple of ledges, he is planning on taking a bunch of the big rocks laying around and putting them on the ledge cuts. There is another ditch not to far from Slippery Nipple that was looked to be full of rock, we didn't walk it because we were with a group, he said he was going to look in to cleaning the trees from it. He has had a lot of concrete culverts and rock dropped at the top of the parking area where is is going to build a 4X4 playground. He said they would be starting that this week and be ready to open it this weekend. If anyone does go out, do as he as asked, if you see something that has potential let him know. He really is wanting to get the trails like we like them.  {toast}

merkchop

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2011, 02:07:06 PM »
Quote:  "There is another ditch not to far from Slippery Nipple that was looked to be full of rock..."

If this is the same one I am thinking of, me and my son drove up it last time we were out there, been about a month or so.  It wasn't too far from Slippery Nipple, it was a tight fit in the TJ and I think I may have added a little pin stripping, but it was fun.
Not as big of rocks on Slippery Nipple, but was something fun to play on.  If it is the same I am thinking about it would be nice cleaned out some.  There was enough off camber amongst the rocks in the culvert to have a tire up in the air, but nothing too hardcore.

Looks like there may be several of us heading out Saturday now as some have other plans for Sunday and cannot make it.

mdo817

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2011, 03:27:16 PM »
Nope, not the same one, but I would like to know where the one you are talking about is. The one I'm talking about would be hard to even get a 4 wheeler up right now.

Richard

Re: Re: Durhamtown's Jeep Poker run
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2011, 03:45:58 PM »
I know where the other one is. We looked at it when we cut slippery nipple.  I will show you next time we g

mdo817

Re: Re: Durhamtown's Jeep Poker run
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2011, 03:50:51 PM »
I know where the other one is. We looked at it when we cut slippery nipple.  I will show you next time we g
{toast}

Offline RedDragonATL

• GATR STAFF
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2011, 10:14:34 PM »
Can someone post up here if any GATR guys are going to meet up & ride at d-town this weekend?...I might be up for it...was thinking Sunday at the moment, but would rather ride with a group. Feel free to PM me.

Thanks, Jason
Jason

I'd like to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

2001 Jeep TJ, Cooper STT Pro 35s, 4.56s, D30 Spartan front, D44 ARB rear,Fender armor, sliders

Offline SouthGeorgiaRunner

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2011, 04:04:32 PM »
Red Dragon I sent you a pm
1995 4runner, 3.0, 5 speed, Centerforce I, Addicted front bumper, Trail Gear sliders, Marlin rear bumper, XRC 8000, 36x1350x15 bias ply Iroks, Chromoly shafts front and rear, Spartan locker front, Arb rear

Offline RedDragonATL

• GATR STAFF
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2011, 05:15:42 PM »
Red Dragon I sent you a pm

I don't see it.  Slow electrons today, I guess. 
Jason

I'd like to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

2001 Jeep TJ, Cooper STT Pro 35s, 4.56s, D30 Spartan front, D44 ARB rear,Fender armor, sliders

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2011, 05:45:46 PM »
Hey there is a new website from durhamtown
 Go here... www.durhamtownoffroad.com

See the pics of the new park... u will have to show me what ur talking about Mark...i will be there starting tonight thru Monday... check out the new site and see the new prices for multiday pass...

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2011, 05:50:31 PM »
Hey there is a new website from durhamtown
 Go here... www.durhamtownoffroad.com

See the pics of the new park... u will have to show me what ur talking about Mark...i will be there starting tonight thru Monday... check out the new site and see the new prices for multiday pass...

Hey Mike,

Ask Big Mike if he will donate a few trail passes for the raffle at GATRFEST...or something even better.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2011, 11:07:38 PM »
Good lord Mike! Some of those rocks are house sized! {toast}
I've grown tired of this.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM