BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Durhamtown's Jeep Poker run  (Read 7986 times)

urdaddyjeep

Re: Durhamtown's Jeep Poker run
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2011, 09:19:09 AM »
Now Doug why would we donate ride passes to durhamtown when you guys are having GATRFEST at another park.. just sounds silly...

Now that MATANZAS Jeep club has put out the dates for the Wounded Warrior Ride.. OCT 14-16th here at Durhamtown..

check out their website... www.matanzasjeepclub.com for more info

Mike D

We do allow you and mike to post up and promote durahmtown with no sponsorship. Along with mantanza's jeep club on someone elses club website.

Maybe that is silly of us.

Sounds a bit ungrateful to me.

Sent from a smart phone, duh!

Well Matt it isnt like I havent tried to get you guys up there so we could talk about it.. i mean its 150 for a yr for this site.. but since you didnt make it up there this weekend so we could work out the details... oh and i have only just started to ad for dtown.. and most of the time I am trying to get GATR behind a Wounded Warrior hunt or ride at dtown... Matt you and Adam have my number.. call me...

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2011, 10:54:22 AM »
I am not begging for a sponsor.

I am just backing up Dougs comment after your reply. If you think he is silly for his question, I think that your reply was just as silly, given the circumstances.

I know you guys are putting alot of effort into the park and GATR will always back a wounded warrior ride. However, I doubt alot of members can make it out for a large ride the weekend before GATRFEST, most people are lucky these days to make it out to one ride a month.

A couple free passes would only promote D-Town, its not like it would cost them anything. May just give someone that may be on the fence, an opportunity to come check the new park out. Then report to all his buddies what he experienced. Its no sweat off my back either way.   {toast}
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2011, 04:14:06 PM »
I can see your point Matt... guess calling me was out of the question huh...

a couple of free passes do cost the park... building a 4x4 park cost alot of money... some way shape or form that money needs to be brought back into the park so that up keep and more trails can be made.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2011, 04:27:17 PM »
Mike, I don't think a few passes will put the place out of business. That place makes a killing every weekend! {no}
I've grown tired of this.

Offline Logan

• Visitor
  • Hit it like you mean it
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2011, 04:32:52 PM »
I can see your point Matt... guess calling me was out of the question huh...

a couple of free passes do cost the park... building a 4x4 park cost alot of money... some way shape or form that money needs to be brought back into the park so that up keep and more trails can be made.

Not much of a business man are you, Mike? Even wonder why stores do promotional offers? They don't do them, because it doesn't cost them anything up front, It draws people in that often might have not been there in the first place. Say he donated a weekend pass to the raffle, that covered the entry fee to the park, So you lose the entry fee on one person... Not many people wheel alone, so that person talks a friend or two into going, now that's extra people coming and paying... Theoretically those people even decide to split the cost of a cabin (that's even more money)... Now if the park is really worth it, not only do they make plans to come back, but they also tell all of their friends, potentially bringing even more business in.

Keep in mind, there are many wheelers watching Dtown, still on the fence about if it's worth visiting or not. Lots of things could make those peoples minds up, whether it be a review from another wheeler, or even the appearance of an altruistic park owner...
93 F-250 tow pig

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2011, 04:38:25 PM »
Nicely put Logan
I've grown tired of this.

Offline Metro

• Visitor
  • Back up and bump it!
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2011, 05:39:51 PM »
Jeepers have been known to spend up to 10$ or more in the pressure washers alone  ;D
Seth
07 Rubicon Unlimited on 37s

Offline Logan

• Visitor
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2011, 05:58:17 PM »
Jeepers have been known to spend up to 10$ or more in the pressure washers alone  ;D

I know any time I hook to the trailer, I'm spending at least $200, usually more.
93 F-250 tow pig

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2011, 07:33:33 PM »
Y do i even bother....never said i was a business man just a dumb army guy... i am done with this...i try to help both the club and the park and all ii get is crap for it...

Offline drich394

• Visitor
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2011, 01:56:58 PM »

I know any time I hook to the trailer, I'm spending at least $200, usually more.
im with you Logan, i know $200 -300 is gone as soon as i crank up the diesel - i ve been looking a D-town a watching the progression closly - im one of those on the fence in driving almost 2 hours there when i can drive 30 mins further the other direction and end up at one of three awsome parks in AL .

Offline Logan

• Visitor
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2011, 07:06:23 PM »
Imagine how tough the call is being an hour from Mountainside and choccolocco, and less than 2hrs from MM... {popcorn}

I'm waiting for guys on 40's to say there is enough to keep them interested all day, so Ryan... Go check it out.  {letseat}
93 F-250 tow pig

Offline drich394

• Visitor
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2011, 07:17:50 PM »
as soon as my junk is finished i acually plan checking it out --seriously - i cant wait just to drive my turd up and down the driveway...

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM