BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Saturday 9/17  (Read 11222 times)

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
Re: Saturday 9/17
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2011, 11:35:40 AM »
You clearly stated its land that you will probably get asked to leave on. I am sure you dont have written permission (cause if you did you would not be asked to leave), so in the state of GA that would probably be trespassing. I doubt its a FSR or park or the rest of us would be there riding.

As this is a club website and not just a free for all forum. It makes us look bad to have discussions on here about people having rides in these areas. For any outsider looking in they have no way of telling the difference between you and an actual GATR member. So therefor your actions look bad on all of GATR. If you want to invite people to places like this, its your business, but use jeep forum or pirate or any other forum but this one.

Im not trying to be a dick either, this just is not the place for you to post such rides in questionable areas.  {toast}
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

BigJerm

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2011, 08:51:37 PM »
County Land... lol I guess if the county owns it then its free for the residents to do whatever they want on that land? Love the logic. Meet you guys at 1 of the local county owned parks tomorrow, gonna check my flex by the swing set.

Offline Calvin

• Visitor
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2011, 10:16:05 PM »
Ok so, really  {btt}, I'm probably gonna head to DTown on Saturday and I'm trying to get my brother to tag along in his XJ. Who's in?
98 XJ

Offline drich394

• Visitor
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2011, 11:25:24 PM »
id love to go, but my junk is still underrepair.

Offline NOVI FED COUPE

• Visitor
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2011, 08:37:57 AM »
Ok so, really  {btt}, I'm probably gonna head to DTown on Saturday and I'm trying to get my brother to tag along in his XJ. Who's in?

I think Michael and I are gonna ride down and try it out. Havent been in about 3 years...figured it was worth a shot and seeing what all has changed.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2011, 11:10:19 AM »
Very slim chance of me getting the jeep by this weekend but if I do, I would be up for a shakedown run at DT. Will know later in the week. Either way, I have to do a shakedown run before mountainside! Might hit beasley after it is done.
I've grown tired of this.

Offline Do Work 93 YJ

• Visitor
  • Ready To Ride
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2011, 11:25:53 AM »
Yeah its been a while since we have been down there so if anyone is going that knows the park pretty good it would be great if we could follow so we want waste so much time searching. {toast} {letseat}
Do Work Aka Moon Man. What you lack in technique make up in throttle! Or a set of cheater tires.

My Build Threads
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=3683.msg62464#msg62464

http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=6862.0

merkchop

« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2011, 11:52:21 AM »
I can't be there this weekend, going to be in Savannah for the Low Country Mud Rats Jeep show.

To get to the obstacle course you go through the "day parking" and it is at the top of the hill (you can't miss it).
They now have maps of both parks, but I still end up getting turned around sometimes and Boulder Springs (may have the name wrong) isn't on either of the maps.  If you come out of the camp and head right (like heading to the original park), it is on the left before you make it to the park, there is a sign on the road that points to it.  This part is for 4x4's.

In case you haven't seen it they now have a new website for the 4x4 group with copies of the maps and some photos.
Link:
http://www.durhamtownoffroad.com/#!

Hope everyone has a great trip.

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2011, 12:16:40 PM »
there are maps... and boulder ridge is only about a 1/4th of a mile from the lodge on the left..there is a sign... as far as the 2nd park where Slippery Nipple is there are signs posted.. I can not make it this weekend and the owner will be out of town as well..  have a good time and report back what you think... take some pics and post them up... I will be there the 1st weekend of Oct and then for the 14-15th of Oct.. I have to leave on the morning of the 16th for TDY to Ft. Lee..

have fun

Mike D

Offline NOVI FED COUPE

• Visitor
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2011, 09:16:12 PM »
Mark...where you at?? Come ride with us.

mdo817

« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2011, 10:30:59 PM »
Mark...where you at?? Come ride with us.
{pm}

Offline Calvin

• Visitor
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2011, 10:53:56 PM »
Downloaded/printed the maps today. Looking forward to checking it out.
98 XJ

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM