BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Open ride on 9/3  (Read 2349 times)

Offline gravedgr

• Visitor
Open ride on 9/3
« on: August 14, 2011, 07:42:30 PM »
One of the guys on CPU Xterra is organizing a ride on Saturday, 9/3.

Details here
Doug
2017 Jeep Wranger Unlimited Rubicon
2014 Tacoma TRD-Off Road

Offline cdm

• Visitor
Re: Open ride on 9/3
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 07:20:44 PM »
hey doug... did they ever finalize the route? between gates, vegetation and snakes (in that other thread) sounds like its a mixed bag. if its 2wd friendly i'll take the titan, else i'll pass.   im mostly interested in just going to the installation. if people want to roam afterwards i'll cut back to flat forest roads and head out. thats fine with me

Offline gravedgr

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 10:23:39 PM »
I don't think anyone has decided yet. Probably just waiting for someone with an opinion to speak up.  :D
Doug
2014 Tacoma TRD-Off Road

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 11:55:49 AM »
One of the guys on CPU Xterra is organizing a ride on Saturday, 9/3.

Details here

Can't see the info on the Xterra forum unless you register. Could you paste here?
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline gravedgr

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 09:33:39 AM »
Hey everyone I know this is close to coal creek, but I am trying to organize a trip for some locals to Dawsonville GA. There are two options for location. There is a forest area with lots of dirt roads and some trails, but mostly a scenery trip, although it has one river to cross that can be interesting at times, it is probably 25-30 yards across and has been up to my doors before so it can be fun. The other interesting parts of this area is its history of nuclear testing. There are underground buildings and tunnels all over the place. Most are blocked off but if you're into creepy stuff it is creepy. Also there is some land that is leased by a beagle club and I have gone there for years based on permission from the president of the club. Obviously they ask that you watch out for their dogs and not to trash the area, but other than that they don't mind people coming out there. The beagle club land has beginner to somewhat advanced options with easy passes around most obstacles, and their is some mud for those who like that unless it rained recently then you're getting muddy either way. There are some mud holes there that I have seen the hoods disappear on some vehicles so good stuff is to be had. Any one interested? We could do a different date if needed.
Ok update for the date is labor day weekend in September. We will meet that Saturday morning at the premium outlet malls in Dawsonville at 8:30am and hit the trails by 9:00 hopefully. For directions simply google north georgia premium outlet malls in Dawsonville georgia and it will give you and address. There are lots of restaurants and gas stations around it for last minute needs so mo worries there.
Doug
2014 Tacoma TRD-Off Road

Offline gravedgr

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 01:07:31 PM »
Latest info:

Quote from: Matt2558
Gravedgr, as long as you are good with it we are still planning on meeting at 0830 at the North Georgia Premium Outlet Mall in Dawsonville, GA.  We can gather last minute supplies then caravan out to the location.  We can do both the forest and little mountain or we can stick to Little Mountain if you would like.  It is more aggressive than Dawson Forest so more fun to be had.  From the outlet mall it is about 20 minutes drive time to Little Mountain.  I have some friends that may be coming and they are in a Jeep Grand Cherokee so I will be sure to bring my snatch strap.  Does that clear up questiosn from your friends in the other forums?

Doug
2014 Tacoma TRD-Off Road

Offline gravedgr

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2011, 05:00:56 PM »
Final update:

Quote from: Matt2558
Ok final trip update:  We are still meeting at North Georgia Premium Outlet Mall at 0900, leaving from there and stopping at a nearby gas station for last minute supplies and fuel.  Then we will be heading out for a twenty minute ride or less to Little Mountain Road for a day of wheeling.  The weather is expected to be mostly sunny, high of 92, with a 10% chance of showers, winds are expected to remain around 5-10mph all day.  Being that there has not been much rain, mud should be minimal, but there are ruts that are permanently there to play in.  Obviously it will be rather dusty due to lack of rain, good news is there are spots with shady areas for breaks from the heat.  I am looking forward to seeing everyone there and if anyone wants my cell phone number message me and I will provide it.  Also once you are at the outlet mall we will meet in the very front right off of Hwy 400.  I plan to be in the middle of the parking lot in front of the Food Court.

I think cjlewis and cdm will be going.
Doug
2014 Tacoma TRD-Off Road

Offline gravedgr

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2011, 04:54:48 PM »
Oh, the horror.

All kidding aside, I'll get some photos up once I get the links from Matt. All in all, a fun, relaxing ride today (except for Cindy sphincter puckering on the way down that hill).  {hihi}
Doug
2014 Tacoma TRD-Off Road

Offline cdm

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2011, 11:40:34 PM »
Those vditches...   ;D See uphill was easy, but you were the one ones to hit it downhill if i recall

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM