BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Wanted stock TJ fuel tank skid &/OR Fuel Tank  (Read 2379 times)

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
Re: Wanted stock TJ fuel tank skid &/OR Fuel Tank
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2012, 09:09:45 PM »
I need to keep my back seat and cargo area. I thought about it and decided to keep the fuel under the jeep. I should be able to get 5" with the d44 and pure jeep
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2012, 10:50:05 AM »
The pure jeep tank looks good & the price isn't bad. I think I'm going to have to go with a Genright tank to get the stretch I'm looking for (6"-7" with D60). Just don't like the price of them but I don't know of any other options.

I have an aluminum fuel cell in my garage now that I'm looking to get rid of, if you're looking for other options. It holds about 11 gallons & has an external Walbro fuel pump. I got it from one of the guys that works at Allsouth, came out of their stretched YJ on D60's. The only reason I'm not using it is because I want to run the stock TJ fuel pump. Let me know if you're interested, it'll go cheap.

You can buy the fuel pump adapter from genright to keep your TJ fuel pump.
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline Untchble

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2012, 06:27:48 PM »
I need to keep my back seat and cargo area. I thought about it and decided to keep the fuel under the jeep.
It mounts under the tub, in the stock location. Not that it's a direct bolt in though.

You can buy the fuel pump adapter from genright to keep your TJ fuel pump.
I thought you had just saved me serious $$$ with this idea but I looked into it today and the adapter is too wide for the cell I have. The cell is only 6" wide.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM