BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Optima Yellow Top - NEW  (Read 3806 times)

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
Re: Optima Yellow Top - NEW
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2012, 08:58:44 AM »
is it still for sale

Don't buy them. If you wanting something that actually works then buy a diehard Platinum. Optima are junk now.

The Diehard may be a better deal because of price  but I wouldn't say Optima's are junk.  I ran one in my TJ for 2 years, zero problems.  Had one in my JK for the last year(since I've owned it, previous owner put it in 3 years ago), zero problems.  Neither of these two rigs were daily drivers.  So they sat for days at a time.  Always started, always put out the power to winch.  Not sure when they changed manufacturers of these but I have had good service from mine.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 09:00:30 AM by tcdawg »

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2012, 09:02:06 AM »
I just had this conversation last week at the lake with my buddy from FL and my cousin.  Both have Optima's in most vehicles, including muscle cars, and love them, and have no problems.  I've heard plenty bad, so I picked up another DieHard Marine battery at K-Mart because the Sears store in Milledgeville doesn't carry batteries.

WTF

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2012, 09:56:37 AM »
My yellow top is treating me fine. Red top in the monte, no issues either.
I've grown tired of this.

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2012, 10:07:05 AM »
Maybe they just have bad batches. I had one in my XJ and it wouldn't start after a few days of sitting. I got it warrantied and put it in my Imperial and put a Interstate in the XJ and it holds a charge for weeks at a time. Now the Imperial wont crank after a week of sitting for a week.
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2012, 10:10:21 AM »
Maybe they just have bad batches. I had one in my XJ and it wouldn't start after a few days of sitting. I got it warrantied and put it in my Imperial and put a Interstate in the XJ and it holds a charge for weeks at a time. Now the Imperial wont crank after a week of sitting for a week.

I had a problem like that with one of my motorcycles, I tried 3 different batteries(2 were the same) before I could finally find one that would stay charged.  I did wonder if maybe there was a bad batch.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2012, 10:27:51 AM »
I don't drive the jeep much and it has sat for over a week and fires right up. This was in winter as well. All companies eventually go thru a bad batch of something. Hell, look at Rubicon Express and their bushings... I went thru atleast 3 sets! >:(
I've grown tired of this.

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2012, 01:25:38 PM »
I don't drive the jeep much and it has sat for over a week and fires right up. This was in winter as well. All companies eventually go thru a bad batch of something. Hell, look at Rubicon Express and their bushings... I went thru atleast 3 sets! >:(

Duralast! Best cheap batteries ever. Jeep sits months at a time and fires right up. Runs the warn powerplant with the jeep off and fires right up. Its about 4 years old. I could get 3 for the price of one of these other batteries.  </LMAO/> Maybe you guys have electrical gremlins.
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2012, 07:30:29 PM »
I just had this conversation last week at the lake with my buddy from FL and my cousin.  Both have Optima's in most vehicles, including muscle cars, and love them, and have no problems.  I've heard plenty bad, so I picked up another DieHard Marine battery at K-Mart because the Sears store in Milledgeville doesn't carry batteries.

WTF

marine deep cycle batteries do not need to ran like car batteries. They are not design to be treated like that. constant charging is not there thing but if you use it otherwise then thats fine.
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2012, 07:57:05 PM »

WTF

marine deep cycle batteries do not need to ran like car batteries. They are not design to be treated like that. constant charging is not there thing but if you use it otherwise then thats fine.

I'm no expert, but it's a Marine battery and its in my boat. 

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2012, 10:50:55 PM »

WTF

I'm no expert, but it's a Marine battery and its in my boat. 

Boat was never mentioned but I also said that if it was for other things than a car you are golden.
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM