BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: What is the best mod or upgrade you've made?  (Read 1849 times)

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
Re: What is the best mod or upgrade you've made?
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2011, 11:54:33 AM »
Danny, my new box worked awesome as well. Not one complaint from it all day! Now I just need to really test it out in some rocks. {cheers2}
I've grown tired of this.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2011, 02:03:07 PM »
Pretty much you tap into the Toyota 4X4 harness ground and cut a wire.  It gives you the option to engage the factory Electronic locker whenever you want instead of just in 4LO.

Got it.  Rubi mod much like that as well.

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2012, 08:54:39 AM »
Pretty much you tap into the Toyota 4X4 harness ground and cut a wire.  It gives you the option to engage the factory Electronic locker whenever you want instead of just in 4LO.

Got it.  Rubi mod much like that as well.

Does this apply to the new JK's too?
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

BigJerm

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2012, 08:58:18 AM »
Yes. On the Jk's with a quick fix on the wires you can have lockers and the e-disco in 2wd/4wd hi.

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2012, 09:20:03 AM »
Okay, I didn't know if the 2012's were the same way. They really need to work on that front sway-bar system. It's an awesome feature, but it seems like every time we're on the trail, there is someone that has one side folded forward or bent the wrong way!
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2012, 10:28:46 AM »
Okay, I didn't know if the 2012's were the same way. They really need to work on that front sway-bar system. It's an awesome feature, but it seems like every time we're on the trail, there is someone that has one side folded forward or bent the wrong way!

Isn't that a case of the links being too short?  Down travel allows them to flip.  I think it's a simple fix.

BigJerm

« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2012, 11:01:20 AM »
Yea from what I remember if you lifted you had to change the links. If they are too short they allow it to flip over like doug said. Too long and you dont get enough travel. I say sell the system and go Antirock!

Offline ronmhauser

• Visitor
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2012, 04:39:27 PM »
From a new trail rider's point of view, I would point out that a stock Jeep is a descendant of a military vehicle and is really very capable with _no_mods_whatsoever_.  So don't worry about mods, just go out and wheel it.  

The very first mod to my TJ was a set of tire deflators and a decent cheap air compressor to run off of the lighter plug.  My first offroad adventure was some mining trails in AZ, a side trip from a "normal" camping trip.  Totally stock, I just aired down and tried it.  The jeep had no problems, and was way more capable than its driver.  Airing down helps on every obstacle, every trail, every rock, every bump.  I recommend it for a first "mod."

Similarly my TJ came to me with BFG AT 31" when I got it, and having tires that are meant for off road, really matters everywhere.  Every foot of trail will touch your tires.  So get good tires early.  

My first real mechanical modification to the Jeep was anti-swaybar disconnects.  The extra flex you add to the suspension by simply disconnecting the swaybar is useful for every obstacle big or small.  The softer ride from airing down and disconnecting, makes for a more enjoyable ride on the trail too.

Lots of other mods are useful, but in specific circumstances ... A couple inches of lift, a locker, a tummy tuck, nerf bars, tow bumpers, I have all of these too, and I like them.  But for a new person, I would start with good tires, aired down, disconnected swaybar -- these mods I have found most useful on every trail, all the time.  

--Ron
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 04:48:47 PM by ronmhauser »

Offline er0ck33

• Visitor
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2012, 10:01:53 AM »
Mile Marker Part-time quadratrac conversion

Offline tazstoy

• Visitor
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2012, 07:18:27 AM »
well because my old cj didn't come with fuel injection I would have to say my best two mods where the howell fuel injection kit and my lockers
Todd, Marie  and son goes by Tim or Timothy

Offline RedDragonATL

• GATR STAFF
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2012, 02:38:39 PM »
I'd have to say my ARB lockers. World of difference!
Jason

I'd like to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

2001 Jeep TJ, Cooper STT Pro 35s, 4.56s, D30 Spartan front, D44 ARB rear,Fender armor, sliders

Offline rbrown79

• Visitor
Re: Re: What is the best mod or upgrade you've made?
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2012, 11:08:27 AM »
Changing gear ratio from 3.73 to 5.13s!!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM