BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Staying in Shape 2012/2013  (Read 6910 times)

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
Re: Staying in Shape 2012
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2012, 09:29:31 AM »
Hoping to get a good 10-12 miles in today on the bike. Feels good to get back into it. Finally feeling my legs again and stamina is recovering. 1st few rides the 8 mile mark was it and I was shot. Now I am getting back in the groove and peddling into things harder. Amazing how fast all of it goes when you are not using it. Sucks. I could blaze around the 12 mile loop in just over an hour without stopping. Now it is 1 1/2 hours for 10 miles and 1-2 stops. But it won't take too many more rides to get back. Keep it up guys! Remember, beach season is just over 5 months or so! //RUNNIN//
I've grown tired of this.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2012, 10:15:54 AM »
I need to get the Cannondale tuned up, a new seat, and come check it out with you.  I'll need a head start lol.

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2012, 10:19:14 AM »
Ben, Jeep Beach is only 12 weeks away - So Doug, you better start hitting it hard. My workout routine starts tomorrow morning at 5:30 sharp. My goal is 30 pounds in 12 weeks!
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2012, 01:59:59 PM »
Completely doable Chuck! My main advice is diet/ eating habits. Like Jerm stated in this thread before, you can bust yo A all day in the gym, on the bike, etc, but if you eat crappy, you get crappy results. I love my bad food too much to kill it all from my "diet" so I eat clean mon-fri and eat about what I want on the weekends. Not in excess but I cheat ;D Once I get the bike part of me in tip top shape, I will hit the X again and then progress back into the weights. I just have no desire to lift anymore. I have become a bike nut/ X fan. I hate the gym personally.

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2012, 02:51:46 PM »
You have to do what makes you feel good, so if it's riding the bike, then just ride the hell out of it!
Chuck & Sherry

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2012, 03:18:32 PM »
You have to do what makes you feel good

</LMAO/>

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2012, 05:53:12 PM »
I did the whole body building thing in my early 20's. Worked and trained people at golds gym in lawrenceville. Had 2-3 clients a day, worked from 5am till 12, then trained for 2 hours, then took a nap at my girls house, then went to one of my other two Jobs. I tried to get 2 workouts in a day if i could. Ate like a freak, protein, pills, roids. I was a big boy back in the day. I need to scan my old college id and post it. My neck was 2 xs as big. Heaviest point was 235, ripped. I was 8% body fat at best time and almost got into a competition but did not want to. So yeah, weights are great but i always see the old me in them and i know those days cannever be again. Too much work, time, food, energy, etc. I am now 195 and was down to 185 in the summer and was in great shape. Probably 10-12% fat. Trying to get back there. Us tall guys are at a disadvantage when itcomes to muscle mass :( chuck, riding tgat 2 wheeled beast is a complete blast and i truly enjoy it. When you look forward to actually excersising, it means you are doin somethin right. The X is a bad A tool as well and i highly suggedt anyone to try it. It will beat you and build you fast. Keep workin guys!!

off grid post

BigJerm

« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2012, 09:10:07 PM »
I still enjoy the weights but not looking to be a big ol beefy guy. Will get back on the MTB soon hopefully. It is the most fun I have had while working out. Ben I am the same way... mon-fri my diet is strict and clean. Saturday and Sunday is like half... I start out with good breakfast and my little meals but the evening is out with friends. Don't go crazy, but its not my normal meal. Still working on my diet but on workout days pre-dinner my split is

Protein: 201g
Carbs: 130.5
Fats: 134
Calories: 2,560

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2012, 09:40:15 AM »
I got down to 232 yesterday but back up to 233 today. I think the weight loss plateau has been broken and I will start dropping again.
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2012, 09:46:48 AM »
I did the whole body building thing in my early 20's. Worked and trained people at golds gym in lawrenceville. Had 2-3 clients a day, worked from 5am till 12, then trained for 2 hours, then took a nap at my girls house, then went to one of my other two Jobs. I tried to get 2 workouts in a day if i could. Ate like a freak, protein, pills, roids. I was a big boy back in the day. I need to scan my old college id and post it. My neck was 2 xs as big. Heaviest point was 235, ripped. I was 8% body fat at best time and almost got into a competition but did not want to. So yeah, weights are great but i always see the old me in them and i know those days cannever be again. Too much work, time, food, energy, etc. I am now 195 and was down to 185 in the summer and was in great shape. Probably 10-12% fat. Trying to get back there. Us tall guys are at a disadvantage when itcomes to muscle mass :( chuck, riding tgat 2 wheeled beast is a complete blast and i truly enjoy it. When you look forward to actually excersising, it means you are doin somethin right. The X is a bad A tool as well and i highly suggedt anyone to try it. It will beat you and build you fast. Keep workin guys!!

off grid post

Dang Ben, if I knew you were a trainer I would hired you. Freakin trainers are not cheap these days!
Chuck & Sherry

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2012, 09:50:01 AM »
 ;D No, they are not cheap! I was probably underselling myself, but when you are young and need cash, whatever amount coming in was better than nothing! Rode 10 miles yesterday at yargo. Good ride too. I had 2 guys come up on me and I smoked them on the downhill and technical sections. I let them pass in the flats. Was not trying to stay in front, yet...

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2012, 09:52:35 AM »
I got down to 232 yesterday but back up to 233 today. I think the weight loss plateau has been broken and I will start dropping again.

I hate hitting plateau's! It doesn't matter what I do but every time I hit 215 to 220 pounds it seems like everything just stops. I've done this like four times now. It's almost like my body that's enough and you ain't getting no more. Hopefully, I get through it this time though, I'm going to get some testing done that supposedly will let me know the exact zones that I should be working out in to burn the most fat. Apparently, when I work out I'm actually burning sugar and actual muscle and the fat is staying in it's storage bins. I don't know how much of a difference all that really makes but I'm willing to give it a try.
Chuck & Sherry

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM