BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: St Patty's Day Poker Run Durhamtown  (Read 3765 times)

urdaddyjeep

St Patty's Day Poker Run Durhamtown
« on: January 03, 2012, 03:58:50 PM »
I am working on a St Pattys day poker run now, would like to know if there are any vendors that would like to set up and maybe donate some things for the poker run. There will be a $10 fee and pay out to 1st and 2nd and prizes give out to other people. Bonus cards will be there for those that complete different runs through the O Course and Bolder Ridge and else where plus the ring toss and Rifle shoot. Just for those that have never did the poker run at Durhamtown before its a .22 at a ballon at 50 yards for Men, 25 yrds for Women and 10 yards for kids under 10.
Right now I am still working on the flyer and other details and if you have any ideas or if you know of a vendor please shoot me a message.

THanks

Mike D

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
Re: St Patty's Day Poker Run Durhamtown
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 04:09:22 PM »
Sounds good Mike. Keep us posted!
I've grown tired of this.

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 09:35:34 PM »
also looking for ideas.... here... trying like a one legged man in a ass kicking contest here to try and keep the 4x4 parks open and be able to do mods to the trails... cant do that if people dont come out... this is the make or break yr for the 4x4 parks... i gotta have 2 large events this yr plus have different clubs come out each month... pressure i tell ya.. oh and Durhamtown has 4x4 memberships as well... $225 for a yr, not only get express check in but access to the ranges for free... sorry best i could get... trying for more but dont want to push my luck to far with Jeep Beach coming up and all...

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 12:44:22 PM »
$225 include camping? That would be a good deal for most of us. Free night riding included with the $225?

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 01:01:51 PM »
Night rides
camping
trail riding

That would be a good deal!  </ROCKIN/>
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 01:30:47 PM »
Sounding better all the time. 

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 01:47:48 PM »
Mike, get on this...

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 03:34:40 PM »
short answer NO... if the bikes and atv guys are paying more then you and still having to pay for tent camping and night rides.. then you can bet you will have to pay for it too...

we did have at one time where the jeep guys were able to drive over the whole park after 630pm on their own, then a couple of people thought that it was a good idea to go out there and dump trash all over the trails and drive through food plots. so I think that came to an end, I will talk to Mike this weekend when i get there... but as far as free night rides i think that time has come and gone.. might be able to swing the jeep parks only but it will be hard to say who is there that has signed a waiver and who hasnt.. so again i think the answer will be NO... nice try though...

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 03:41:46 PM »
 >:( He should be giving the 4x4 guys more than the atv, cycles. They have 90% of the park and it is geared directly towards them, not wheelers. I understand the issues though. He just needs to sweeten the deal for us to commit to that deal. It is alot to pay if all I get is to ride. Express check in does nothing for me, that's not an issue or a selling point. He has to bring something to the table for us. Mike, I am all about making DT better and it has gotten better over the last few years. It still has a ton of potential and profitability. But as we all know, you can cover that place in a day and the majority of guys want rock. You will only get smaller guys in there without it. The course is great and a good first step to getting them in. Night riding is also a big selling point as we all like to do it. Maybe that can be figured out. Like you said, it only takes a couple of douches to ruin a good thing for us all! Keep working on it and let us know if he can throw anything else in there {salute}

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 03:46:27 PM »
all i can do is ask.... and i will ask him... but its hard to sweeten the deal when you have people say if you do this it will bring the people in.. and you dump 15k into a project and another 10k into the O Course and you dont get the riders that people have promised you.. it kinda leaves you thinking ..... I know there is alot more that we can do.. but I cant break the place on a hope and a prayer.. LOL.. ya know.. but I will see what I can do.. but if there is a different price like 300 for a year that covers riding and tent camping dont say i didnt say so

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 03:50:38 PM »
Ask and you shall recieve! You do a great job down there Mike and we appreciate all of it. It will always be tought to get the guys there without dumping $ into the 4x4 section though. Now find us some more freakin slippery nipple trails!!! ;D

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2012, 04:23:37 PM »
I agree, he's gotta make it a better deal. We can ride the trails in 1 day.

Put more rocks on the trails and more rigs will be on the trails. If you build it, they will come!

Everyone is looking for trails in GA. you guys already have a head start on the other parks, but it's gotta be a sweeter deal or more hardcore trails!  {cheers2}

[attachment deleted by admin]
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM