BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: ORI STRUTS  (Read 12922 times)

Offline URBAN ASSAULT

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re:
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2014, 12:00:21 PM »
Did you buy the nitrogen filler kit?  If so, which one?  How big of a nitro tank is generally needed to fill and adjust struts?

Good question, I am wondering the same thing for what I am going to do to fill and adjust mine.

I bought the ORI single fill charge kit (Also from Allsouth).  This one:

http://oristruts.com/setup/charge-kits/single-fill/

Has a trick little 'no leak chuck' that threads on to the valve.  I am going to put together a longer hose for it though so that the filler gauge can reach further from the bottle.

I picked up a dual regulator and a 20cf nitrogen tank from Airgas.  Not sure how many fills I will get out of the 20cf but it should be plenty.  The struts are high pressure, not high volume, and it is small enough to take on the trail.  Polyperformance sells a kit but its pricey.  If you have the time and energy you can piece it together for less.
My 4Runner and I are quickly becoming dirty ol' men. More attitude and less flexibility every year.

Steve

Offline Trailabite

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
Re: ORI STRUTS
« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2014, 12:54:42 PM »
After several times of trying to adjust mine, I eventually spent the extra money and broke down and bought the dual fill kit and love it.
Chuck & Sherry

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket

Offline Scott F.

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2014, 04:39:31 PM »
After several times of trying to adjust mine, I eventually spent the extra money and broke down and bought the dual fill kit and love it.

What's the differences between the single and dual kit, filling both upper and lower chambers simultaneously? I could Google but figured I'd take the easy route.

Offline URBAN ASSAULT

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2014, 06:55:41 PM »

What's the differences between the single and dual kit, filling both upper and lower chambers simultaneously? I could Google but figured I'd take the easy route.

I think it is so you can fill both sides (D&P) at the same time, and to equal pressure.  I am rarely in a such a hurry that I can't fill each side independently.  Plus, I anticipate each corner being slightly different anyway.  Your upper and lower chambers will be different pressures, also.
My 4Runner and I are quickly becoming dirty ol' men. More attitude and less flexibility every year.

Steve

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Re: Re:
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2014, 07:56:36 PM »
I picked up a dual regulator and a 20cf nitrogen tank from Airgas. 

In tens of dollars...how many were needed to acquire those?

Thanks
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Thanks, Dandelion!

Offline URBAN ASSAULT

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2014, 09:43:47 PM »

Thanks

I'll have to look back at the receipt to break out those items.  I also exchanged a cylinder of welding gas on the same ticket.  I do remember the dual regulator cost me $100!  Which I wasn't expecting.  I purchased a full 20cf Nitrogen tank ($75ish maybe) which I will just exchange from now on.  I believe a N2 refill is $10-$15.
I would love other ideas if there are any.  I always feel violated when I leave Airgas.  They don't even buy me a drink and pretend to like me.

Steve

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2014, 09:54:01 PM »

Thanks

I'll have to look back at the receipt to break out those items.  I also exchanged a cylinder of welding gas on the same ticket.  I do remember the dual regulator cost me $100!  Which I wasn't expecting.  I purchased a full 20cf Nitrogen tank ($75ish maybe) which I will just exchange from now on.  I believe a N2 refill is $10-$15.
I would love other ideas if there are any.  I always feel violated when I leave Airgas.  They don't even buy me a drink and pretend to like me.

Ok, so the gas is about the same as CO2.  The tank seems to be much cheaper than what I'm used to.  Thanks, that lets me understand what else I would be in for if I went with ORI. 
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Thanks, Dandelion!

Offline Trailabite

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2014, 04:26:07 PM »

I think it is so you can fill both sides (D&P) at the same time, and to equal pressure.  I am rarely in a such a hurry that I can't fill each side independently.  Plus, I anticipate each corner being slightly different anyway.  Your upper and lower chambers will be different pressures, also.

Yes, it's so you can fill both sides (passenger and driver) up equally. The upper and lower of the ORI itself will be different pressures and both sides (passenger and driver) should be the same pressure as well. Typically, you only use different pressures for front and back. Also, a little bit of nitrogen goes a long ways with these things - be careful.
Chuck & Sherry

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket

Offline Scott F.

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2014, 08:00:44 PM »
Picked up 4 of these from Allsouth today. Thanks for the great deal! //cheers2//

Online ATLSRT8

• Visitor
« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2014, 05:41:36 PM »
Ugh don't tell me that!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #70 on: August 05, 2014, 10:10:54 AM »
WE CURRENTLY HAVE 12", 14", & 16" STRUTS ON SALE & IN STOCK No back order - No waiting

LOWEST POSSIBLE PRICES

(770) 881-8173 ALLSOUTH AUTOSPORTS.

Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

CLUB WEBSITE