BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Durhamtown * July 7th-8th : ECORS and Trail ride  (Read 8143 times)

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
Re: Durhamtown * July 7th-8th : ECORS and Trail ride
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2012, 03:57:40 PM »
We need 15 confirmed volunteer's for this event. This will make Georgia Trail Riders the exclusive club for this race!!

If you want to volunteer please check in.
(We are going to keep this in the CORE section if we get enough volunteers)

HERE:
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=9079.new#new
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 04:01:17 PM by PHANTOM »
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

BigJerm

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2012, 04:51:02 PM »
What if you bring a spouse, friend, whatever... do they count for a number?

Offline ACGiddens

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2012, 04:54:31 PM »
As long as they are willing to volunteer for the race.

{salute}
Adam G
The Jeep list:
TJ stock - gone
JK stock - gone
YJ 6" 35s mostly stock - gone
XJ 6.5" LA 35s D44 - RIPieces
XJ - 6.5" LA 35s - gone
TJ - In progress

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2012, 05:00:00 PM »
This is what ECORS sent to Adam: This is a long email, but it goes over everything for the weekend.

Thanks for your help.

To give you something to referr to:

Thursday afternoon, help is appreciated for marking course.
Friday, help is appreciated as well.  Friday tends to be a busy day.  I'd like help with Tech Inspection.  This can get busy at times but can be boring as well if nobody is there.  We have Tech Inspection open from 11am till 7pm.  We'll provide an EZ-up tent, signs, clipboards, etc., we just need 2 people that are through and have a decent technical mind to review the rules of each class and verify they meet the class and safety requirements.  Friday can also be busy with others that are setting up banners, signs, fencing, and other items.  Typically, I like to have all the course marking signs up by Friday morning but we'll need to "tend" to them through the day on Friday as marking will fall down.  Ron or I will always be at Registration/Check-In, the other will help with other operations through the day.  Something else that we'll need help with is traffic and parking.  Teams will need to know where and how to park for spectating and in the PITs.  Friday night under the lights we are going to have an obstacle course competition for any type of 4x4 vehicle on the new rocks that Mike has built up across the street from the new GP track and where we are having our race.  We'll need to get the lights set up, PA system set up, banners set up, signs up, etc. for this.

Saturday is race day.  We typically start racing at 8am, which means Volunteers should be on site and ready by about 7am.  If most everyone can get there Friday evening, we can go over most everything that night and make things easier Saturday morning.  What has worked the best in the past was where I meet with 1 or 2 members of the group on Friday, show what is needed Saturday (placement, rigs, recover, etc.) and those 1 or 2 people are my only point of contact, everything else with the group comes from those 2 people.  I've found that its much easier for me to communicate with 1 or 2 volunteers than 20 different ones while also running the race.  Those 1 or 2 people would be my Volunteer Manager(s) and would organize the group per discussions on Friday.  Usually, this includes staging recovery vehicles in the right spots, re-grouping after a recovery, managing recovery efforts during the race, etc.  I will usually run the course in the ATV or buggy between each race to be sure everything is still correct, but I'd like this Volunteer Manager to also do the same to get familiar with course and markings so we can put up additional markings and repair markings during the race, etc. (or direct the guys in the field to do so).  We are part of Durhamtown's week long series of events.  Mike will have people parking spectators, etc., but we may need some help with that.   We will have awards that night, so we'll have to set up banners in the old chicken barn across the street from the cabins where the new GP track is as well as our PA system, lights, prizes, etc.  Even getting on an ATV and scouring the PITS to get everyone together is wonderful help for us.   We'll need 2 people on "stand by" at the Start/Finish line to assist us with timing and anything else that may come up.  Usually, they end up just hanging out being our spotters to let us know what number the vehicles are that come in so we can accurately score everyone.

Sunday is cleanup.  This is usually just everyone picking a task and knocking it out.  We typically get finished up 100% by 3 or 4pm with help, without help, we are usually there past 9pm or later and have to work the next day!  Some help would be wonderful.  This is usually picking up trash.  But, if we do it right, we won't have much.  Most of our racers are pretty good about gathering trash and at least putting it in a central location before they leave.

We will provide the radios.  For this facility, we will utilize our family radios as they will work great.  Other facilities require higher power radios but I don't think its necessary at Durhamtown.

As we get closer, send me a list of names and what days they can help so I can put them on the list.

Send us your club logo, a writeup about the club, and website.  We'll add it to the website and include the logo on shirts for Durhamtown.

Thanks for your support and we look forward to working with you all!

Rob
ECORS
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2012, 09:27:26 AM »
Sounds great. I will convince my wife to help as well.
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline rbrown79

• Visitor
Re: Re: Durhamtown * July 7th-8th : ECORS and Trail ride
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2012, 04:29:48 PM »
I am planning on going, but what is ECORS..not sure who all I will bring to help, but will be atleast 1 other person 8)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Offline ACGiddens

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2012, 04:39:03 PM »
Adam G
The Jeep list:
TJ stock - gone
JK stock - gone
YJ 6" 35s mostly stock - gone
XJ 6.5" LA 35s D44 - RIPieces
XJ - 6.5" LA 35s - gone
TJ - In progress

Offline rbrown79

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2012, 05:41:36 PM »
I googled it, looks cool. Will we get a discount on cabins?

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2012, 05:47:44 PM »
I don't think so. This event is completely separate from D-Town. If some people want to throw in on a cabin I may be in.
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline rbrown79

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2012, 05:57:55 PM »
Ok..the cabins w/ air conditioning are a good bit more $, but probably worth it, but if were gonna be outside all day I guess it really doesn't matter

onlygoon

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2012, 09:56:00 AM »
I am down for helping as well I can be there Friday til Sunday may bring my dad as well

Offline rbrown79

• Visitor
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2012, 11:29:15 AM »
Can volunteers drink while helping? If so me & Bro inlaw will be there..if not then just me LOL;D

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM