BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: MOAB EJS UPDATES FROM DOUG  (Read 1481 times)

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
Re: MOAB EJS UPDATES FROM DOUG
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2012, 09:50:29 AM »
That sounds good Ben! Lets get some pricing. I think if we booked it soon, it would be better than waiting. That way we have plenty of time to get everything organized. (driving situation, funds, vacation time, etc.)
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2012, 10:00:43 AM »
I would love to do EJS again, but I honestly had a better time when we went with nothing happening in the area. We wheeled more in 3 days than all week at the EJS event. EJS is super cool because of the people, rigs and events, but riding the trails with 40+ rigs in a line gets OLD fast. Especially when you have newbs and guys who should not be on certain trails. When Doug and I ran cliffhanger at EJS I was irrate by the time the ride was at the end. Yo had pansies screaming for straps on a 10% grade and could not get up the obsticle without winching. I busted through it and went around a few folks so we could get off the trail! A ride that should have taken maybe 3 hours, ended up an all day event. So we need to look at alternate dates to run. I know the trails well enough to get us around. {letseat}
I've grown tired of this.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2012, 10:18:30 AM »
Iprobably wont do the cabins again.  Very close together and in the middle of a campground with tents to motor homes.  2 sets of bunks in a very small cabin with a tv.  Not even room for a chair.

Depends who u ride with.  Rode golden spike, an 8 to 10 hour trail with jko and we flewlike we did.  Keep moving!

I am only doing a few trails with EJS.  Rest with vendors.  Awesome groups.

Would be cool to get here at end of EJS and then wheelon your own the next week.  Get in on the 200k $ raffle!

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2012, 10:22:10 AM »
Well, Doug likes a little more comfort than the rest of us do  </LMAO/> So don't go off what he says. Most of us can handle a bunk bed and a camp fire for a week! {popcorn}

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2012, 10:32:11 AM »
Well, Doug likes a little more comfort than the rest of us do  </LMAO/> So don't go off what he says. Most of us can handle a bunk bed and a camp fire for a week! {popcorn}

I'm in for that for sure.  What kind of budget should we plan on?

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2012, 10:35:14 AM »
I'm on board either way! I do like the idea of spending a few days at EJS and then wheeling with just a few guys the next week, but how long is this trip going to be? How many days does it take to get there
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2012, 10:48:48 AM »
Alright, if you do a straight thru trip it is 36 hours. That is NO stops other than fuel, no sight seeing, just driving till one guy falls out, swap drivers and repeat. So plan on atleast 2 days out. So you are looking at 4 days driving and 5 days wheeling. Leave on a thu night, get there sat am and wheel till fri. Load up and be home on sun. The drive is not that bad on the way out since you are excited ;D home bound blows!

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2012, 11:53:32 AM »
I'm in and I think I would like to drive the jeep there and back, kind of reminds me of the "True Street" class in drag racing.

Which means I need to plan my packing wisely. No Easter for me though, i am missing Easter this year.

Sent from a smart phone, duh!
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2012, 01:07:35 PM »
Here's the link from last years planning:

http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=4194.0

I would say if we are really serious let's start a new thread and start planning. Last time we were looking to start at the end of May to take advantage of the holiday weekend.
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2012, 01:20:14 PM »
ALL ABOARD.....

off grid post

Offline kvom

• Visitor
  • Kirk
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2012, 01:24:04 PM »
I'm tentatively planning to go out next spring after EJS (will either have a new rig or a good motor this time).  I've been talking to Tim Kirk about doing it on the assumption that he gets his buggy build done.  Like Ben I've no desire to be in a big slow group thing like EJS.  Meeting up with the webejeepinmoab folks was excellent.

I stayed at the Red Stone Inn, which was next door to the cabin/RV lot, and it was $600/week.  I'd bet everything is more expensive for EJS.

Going the southern route via I40 it was 1700 miles each way.  I took 2.5 days driving out; three days back since I stopped to see Mesa Verde and that took half a day.  With the cost of lodging and fuel, this is not a cheap trip.
00 TJ  stuff
02 F250 CC LB 7.3 tow pig
18 Honda CRV
12 Chrysler 200 - Wife's car

Offline Uncle Randy

• Visitor
  • Cherish every minute
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2012, 01:41:53 PM »
I think i'm in. (hi Ben)
Randy
'06TJ