BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: MOAB EJS UPDATES FROM DOUG  (Read 1482 times)

BigJerm

Re: MOAB EJS UPDATES FROM DOUG
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2012, 02:48:37 PM »
I would love to be in but to hard to call now. Hell I still have plans to do the Rubicon 1 day... I had a hell of thread on that a ways back... 1 of many on my bucket list.

Offline jc79

• Visitor
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2012, 02:49:40 PM »
I'm in...  Cleared it with my wife and everything :-)

I like the idea of last few days of EJS then some additional days.
Jared

2004 TJ Unlimited (LJ)

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2012, 03:16:13 PM »
Kurt is right about wheeling with the moab jeep club we hooked up with. They know the trails, lines and can show you stuff you won't see on EJS! if you want to do any trails during EJS, you either have to get up super early to get on them before the groups or pay ride fees to be in the EJS rides. Just keep that in mind. You get a schedule if you want to ride with EJS groups. Not guaranteed what you want either so keep that in mind as well. So, if we have enough guys serious about this, we need to look into a transport or something to get all of our non tow rig guys out and back. Would love to drive the jeep out and back (pilgrimage and cool road trip stories ;D) but with gas at about $4 for unleaded and getting about 250 out of a tank on the highway... not very cost or time effective >:( I figure to drive my jeep out and back, it would cost me around $1200. So a transport system would be great and we could just fly out. But, that is the hardest part about this trip. How to get out and back and the cost involved. Last trip out we stayed at http://www.canyonlandsrv.com/ and I enjoyed it. Had no complaints. $65 a night divided by 4 guys for 6 days = $98 a piece. Then consider your food. We hit the grocery store and we ate out a few times (moab brewery is a must) so figure $300 or much less depending on what you take to eat on the trails etc. And then gas for wheeling, driving around. I think I put atleast 1/2 a tank in each day so 3 complete fill ups or so. Depending on what trail we do. Some are withing a few miles of the campground, others are atleast 20 (area bfe) and then whatever you want to buy for souvenirs. Everybody needs a t-shirt or 3! ;D I also suggest taking a day off from wheeling and just see the sites. Canyonlands is amazing and well worth a trip to see the arches and such. I can tell you this, I wrote down a budget and rewrote it and rewrote it and finally got it set and stuck to it and came back with $. It can be done but you need to start saving NOW! It is worth every  penny to make it out there! I am ready guys, lets do it!
I've grown tired of this.

Offline gint2

• Visitor
  • RAINMAN - 18436572
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2012, 03:43:02 PM »
I already had the go from my wife for this year but too much in our personal life to make the trip. I will not miss next year! I'm in! The 1/2 week EJS & 1/2 week alone sounds like a great plan too!
JK-AJ

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2012, 03:50:50 PM »
I will be kid-less for this trip, so anytime works for me.
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2012, 04:46:10 PM »
I would like to see the budget Ben, and I will sleep on a rock if I need to.

Sent from a smart phone, duh!
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2012, 05:00:11 PM »
Matt

If remember from our last plan the budget was like $1500 on the low side up to $2500.

I would like to see the budget Ben, and I will sleep on a rock if I need to.

Sent from a smart phone, duh!
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2012, 08:41:56 PM »
Chuck, that is about right. My biggest expense was the gas. I paid Doug for the tow and budgeted my food, living and other expenses. I think the last trip out set me back around 1600 but came back with some decent pocket cash. I just need to find some stuff to sell! I paid for the last trips with jeep parts and model cars. All gone now :(

off grid post
I've grown tired of this.

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2012, 08:43:48 AM »
Im ready to book. That way I am committed.
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline kvom

• Visitor
  • Kirk
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2012, 11:08:54 AM »
I paid ~$800 2 years ago for diesel @ 3.25/gallon and $600 for the room in Moab.  I had two motel nights each way and food, so add another $200, plus $200 for food while there, and my wheeling-related expense was ~$1900.  Family flew out for the following week, so that added quite a bit not counted here.
00 TJ  stuff
02 F250 CC LB 7.3 tow pig
18 Honda CRV
12 Chrysler 200 - Wife's car

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM