OPEN RIDES & EVENTS > Past Rides : Pictures, Discussion, & Carnage

GATR Core Harlan KY August 2012 Discussion/Pictures

(1/101) > >>

BigJerm:
So wanted to go ahead and start the thread on this. Its a longer trip so a little more planning is required. Last year we got started early on the planning and had a blast. Its about 6 hours give or take from Atlanta.

Last year we stayed at some cabins on the Evart side. Only 2 complaints were poor cell phone service in town and the cabins were not tow pig friendly if your trailer is low and your pig isnt 4x4. They do have a store at the bottom and allowed Livingston to park his long trailer there. Town allows non street legal rigs to ride the road and it isn't to far from the trail head. We booked a cabin for 8, had 6 sleep in it and total was cheap for the weekend i think. Depending on my situation I will either get 1 of the small cabins for myself and a +1 or go with a big cabin and split cost again. Website for cabins that I have doesn't seem to work anymore but it was called Black Mountain cabins or something like that. You can find the phone number way down on this page http://www.harlancountytrails.com/lodging.php

The trails are good. Map is great. The rating can be a little off and sometimes the easy marked trails turn out to be a little rough. 31 day pass to the trails is $20. At the least I would want to arrive Thursday early and leave Sunday.

jc79:
I'm in, and would like to split a cabin.

CaneJeep:
I looked at a couple of web sites and saw a lot of mud!  Is it mostly mud holes and rock parks or do they have some GREAT trail riding also?

BigJerm:

--- Quote from: CaneJeep on May 07, 2012, 09:37:08 PM ---I looked at a couple of web sites and saw a lot of mud!  Is it mostly mud holes and rock parks or do they have some GREAT trail riding also?

--- End quote ---

There is mud, some holes that look NASTY but you can go around them. There is rock, a lot of it, some trails that are good long trails not just obstacles. Its as close to Tellico as I have seen.

CaneJeep:
Thanks.

Not sure about accommodations, but I am in.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version