BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Linked Events

• HARLEN, KY * CORE RIDE: August 18, 2012 - August 19, 2012

Author Topic: GATR Core Harlan KY August 2012 Discussion/Pictures  (Read 63729 times)

Offline kvom

• Visitor
  • Kirk
Re: GATR Core Harlan KY August 16-19th Discussion
« Reply #168 on: July 17, 2012, 11:40:02 AM »
Weathermen can't predict the weather a week in advance, much less a month away.   :bs)
00 TJ  stuff
02 F250 CC LB 7.3 tow pig
18 Honda CRV
12 Chrysler 200 - Wife's car

Offline RD Slyter

• Visitor
« Reply #169 on: July 17, 2012, 11:52:01 AM »
True that, true that. But it sure sounded nice anyway.
Ryan and Dawn Slyter; Grafenwhere Germany

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #170 on: July 17, 2012, 12:24:38 PM »
Those temps would be fine.  Not a forecast.  Historical data.

Is this the same cabin from last time?

onlygoon

« Reply #171 on: July 17, 2012, 12:46:31 PM »
yeah i am  hoping to have nice cool weather but hell i will take anything that this city crawling i have been doing lately  finally done with school for the semester so here comes wheeling i can't wait to make it out to harlan and i will pitch in on the cabin if there is floor spot available.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #172 on: July 17, 2012, 02:56:08 PM »
Doug, yes, same cabin. You have never been here so make sure you look at the google map. I missed it a few times since I was looking for cabins and not a gas station  ::)
I've grown tired of this.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #173 on: July 17, 2012, 03:57:24 PM »
Doug, yes, same cabin. You have never been here so make sure you look at the google map. I missed it a few times since I was looking for cabins and not a gas station  ::)

I'm gonna be right behind you.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #174 on: July 17, 2012, 04:06:27 PM »
 {homo}

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 05:02:49 PM by Doug »

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #176 on: July 18, 2012, 11:28:35 AM »
Jared and Danny, who you guys bringing?  Adults or kids?

Somebody mentioned this earlier, but there were 3 or 4 grills last time.

I don't mind cooking some burgers and dogs/sausagefor everybody if I have a grill or 2.

Who is bringing a grill?

Do you guys want to pitch in and do a group meal Friday night or everybody do their own thing?

Ben, don't forget the usual.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #177 on: July 18, 2012, 11:45:37 AM »
what's the usual? I have a grill but we need a count on who wants to bring one. I think there was a charcoal grill there? I think we can just bring our own. I am going to making this a cheap trip. Cereal mornings, PB&J trail food, brats at night.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #178 on: July 18, 2012, 12:05:22 PM »
I wanted to get a head count and possible time of arrival for you guys coming in on Thu. I am pulling out of my driveway at 4am. It is about a 6 hour or a little more drive to the cabins. I think Doug is going to follow me up but I am not going to make a special trip to meet anyone other than what is on my way. I want to get there as soon as I can so I can ride most of Thursday. I know a few are coming up Thu so the closer it gets, post times of when you think you will be there so I can either start riding or hang for an hour or so and get a larger group to roll out. This is a huge place and I want to ride as much as I can to see it all! I also only run at 65mph... 4.88's and gas mileage seem to be happy there ;D

And one more thing...
This place has a lot of big obstacles and some trails I would not recommend for newbs or under built rigs. So when we are all there, we need to figure out how to direct some of you lesser built rigs to meet back with the bigger guys or just make a smaller group with the smaller rigs to run around. I am only making this point because I see some new guys are coming and some rigs are stock or near stock. I don't know some of you or your wheeling history so I just have to throw it out there. Again, this place can inflict some serious damage to your rigs so just keep that in mind. I don't want to get in a situation where we get onto a trail that requires a pretty well built rig and we have to winch and tug a stock style rig for hours to get a vehicle out. It just makes for a long day and all of us want to ride as much as possible. But we can figure it all out once there.  {cheers2}

BigJerm

« Reply #179 on: July 18, 2012, 12:46:23 PM »
Doug - I vote no shared meal friday night. Its easy for everyone to do their own thing when packing. I have a dual burner Coleman camp stove and 2 pots I will bring with me.

Ben - I am with you. Poptarts in the a.m., sandwich on the trails and dogs for dinner will be my food. Should be there about 2pm Thursday as of now but maybe a little earlier, drop stuff at the cabin and head out. As the date gets closer give me an idea of what trails you plan to hit Thursday and I will head that direction and try and get you on the CB. I want to ride as much as possible and maybe some night rides as well.

Everyone plan to buy a map. It is well worth the price and is very well done. If and when we split into groups it is very easy to follow and with the use of CB's we can always meet back up like we did last year.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM