BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Linked Events

• JeepFest: September 14, 2012 - September 16, 2012

Author Topic: Sept 14-16 : Open Ride * JeepFest - DISCUSSION  (Read 45853 times)

BigJerm

Re: Sept 14-16 : Open Ride * JeepFest - DISCUSSION
« Reply #108 on: August 26, 2012, 04:44:38 PM »
Where is the invite fellas!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #109 on: August 26, 2012, 06:09:08 PM »

Jeremy, there may be another pre-ride for volunteers next weekend, we'll let you know.

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #110 on: August 26, 2012, 09:06:20 PM »

My thoughts exactly...not cool
Jay

Offline RD Slyter

• Visitor
« Reply #111 on: August 27, 2012, 08:39:18 PM »
Just got done riding the hard level trail out of the 3
Yeah that "hard" trail was actually prety easy. We did it the week before Harlan while helping to makr the trails and shooting the new promo vid. There was 1 spot 1/2 way up the hill which was kinda narrow, with a bit of a drop off on the drivers side, and then the decent at the end of the trail was a little steep with a huge wadie down the center. Other than that, it was pretty mellow going. Still fun none the less.
Earlier that day we took the "moderate" trail which climbed the decent portion of the hard trail. I actually found that to be more of a challanging ride personally.
Either way I'm stoked to do this. I'm really curious to see what kind of turn out there's gona be.
Ryan and Dawn Slyter; Grafenwhere Germany

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #112 on: August 27, 2012, 08:45:47 PM »
Yeah that "hard" trail was actually prety easy. We did it the week before Harlan while helping to makr the trails and shooting the new promo vid. There was 1 spot 1/2 way up the hill which was kinda narrow, with a bit of a drop off on the drivers side, and then the decent at the end of the trail was a little steep with a huge wadie down the center. Other than that, it was pretty mellow going. Still fun none the less.
Earlier that day we took the "moderate" trail which climbed the decent portion of the hard trail. I actually found that to be more of a challanging ride personally.
Either way I'm stoked to do this. I'm really curious to see what kind of turn out there's gona be.

We had to cut a lot of brush and tree limbs yesterday..A few spots of the trail were almost closed off from brush but it is all open now. We didn't get to ride the other 2 trails ran out of time
Bobby

Offline RD Slyter

• Visitor
« Reply #113 on: August 27, 2012, 08:50:06 PM »
LOL! Yeah tell me about cutting trees out there.. That's how I ultimately came to be fenderless...  </LMAO/>

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #114 on: August 27, 2012, 08:54:19 PM »

We had to cut a lot of brush and tree limbs yesterday..A few spots of the trail were almost closed off from brush but it is all open now. We didn't get to ride the other 2 trails ran out of time

Yep. We worked much more than we rode.

Offline Havoch

• Visitor
« Reply #115 on: August 28, 2012, 12:11:58 PM »
Is there something for stock jeeps whose driver has little off-road experience?
Sean

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #116 on: August 28, 2012, 12:38:56 PM »
Is there something for stock jeeps whose driver has little off-road experience?
Yes
Bobby

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #117 on: August 28, 2012, 12:41:52 PM »
Havoch, sounds like this would be a perfect place for you to go! The trails seem very doable if you have driving experience.
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #118 on: August 28, 2012, 12:48:10 PM »
There will be plenty of stock Jeep there and a lot of volunteers to help out if needed.
Bobby

Offline RD Slyter

• Visitor
« Reply #119 on: August 29, 2012, 07:56:31 AM »
The cool thing about these events is its not all about who has the biggest and baddest rig on the block. Its about people getting together who share a common interest and having a good time. So if you are running a bone stock rig, don't worry. There's plenty for everyone there.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM