BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Linked Events

• JeepFest: September 14, 2012 - September 16, 2012

Author Topic: Sept 14-16 : Open Ride * JeepFest - DISCUSSION  (Read 45851 times)

Offline JeepHut

• Visitor
    • JeepHut
Re: Sept 14-16 : Open Ride * JeepFest - DISCUSSION
« Reply #144 on: September 05, 2012, 07:48:34 AM »
FYI for you guys. There is an award for the club with most jeeps present.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
www.thejeephut.com --- 706-692-5488
Great deals, Great parts, Offering all of your favorite brands for your Jeep.
Poison Spyder, Rugged Ridge, Warn, Smittybilt, Rough Country, Bestop, and many many more.

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #145 on: September 05, 2012, 07:53:11 AM »
FYI for you guys. There is an award for the club with most jeeps present.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
Give us a hint!!!!!!!
Bobby

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #146 on: September 05, 2012, 08:39:49 AM »
do we have to register or do we just show up and register for trails there?   are the ga trailriders group meeting.  im pretty new and would love to tag along with some with much more trail knowledge if possible?

Yes you can registration for Saturday is 7-12 and yes GATR group will be finding each other

is there an online website? where u can pre-reg. or is it onsite only? 
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #147 on: September 05, 2012, 08:45:22 AM »
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #148 on: September 05, 2012, 08:45:33 AM »
do we have to register or do we just show up and register for trails there?   are the ga trailriders group meeting.  im pretty new and would love to tag along with some with much more trail knowledge if possible?

Yes you can registration for Saturday is 7-12 and yes GATR group will be finding each other

www.sheriffsjeepfest.com
Bobby

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #149 on: September 05, 2012, 08:56:00 AM »

www.sheriffsjeepfest.com

Nice.  thanks guys.   im signing up now.  i live in snellville, so i will be just comming home and drivng back .  not sure if i can stay thru sunday, but fri/sat for sure.   anything i need to do to prepare?  i dont have my quick disconnects installed yet, i guys i can try and put them on? also, i have not cutt my fenders im not sure i can get them cutt by then, dont have much free time.  :(    do we have a site/location where you guys are meeting?
Kent Casey

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #150 on: September 05, 2012, 09:05:52 AM »

www.sheriffsjeepfest.com

Nice.  thanks guys.   im signing up now.  i live in snellville, so i will be just comming home and drivng back .  not sure if i can stay thru sunday, but fri/sat for sure.   anything i need to do to prepare?  i dont have my quick disconnects installed yet, i guys i can try and put them on? also, i have not cutt my fenders im not sure i can get them cutt by then, dont have much free time.  :(    do we have a site/location where you guys are meeting?

You'll want to get those disconnects on so you can disco before you hit the obstacle courses.  It will help you out for sure.

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #151 on: September 05, 2012, 09:15:26 AM »

www.sheriffsjeepfest.com

You'll want to get those disconnects on so you can disco before you hit the obstacle courses.  It will help you out for sure.

well they are JKS quicker disconnets from JKS.   the short ones, i dont have a lift.  yet..  anyway.   are they pretty easy to install?  i have done a few things.  like the gas/cover thing.   the frontbumper chop (where u cutt off the left/right end and put on these caps) and a light bar on the front. .  im a bit scared as this is a bit more? than i am used to, im not too skilled.  ?   also.  do i need to buy a big jack or buy anthing before i go? 
Kent Casey

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #152 on: September 05, 2012, 09:28:38 AM »
You can do it. It doesnt take many tools or skills to install the JKS quick discos. Dont bother with a jack for now. Everyone and there brother will have one at this show.
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

BigJerm

« Reply #153 on: September 05, 2012, 09:31:50 AM »
Should be 1 bolt on the sway bar side, 1 bolt on the axle side. Remove stock link, put JKS link in place and bolt back up. From what I remember on my JK the sway bar bolt was hard to remove. If anything, just bring the correct socket/wrench for the bolt side to Jeepfest and unbolt the links from the axle and rotate the sway bar up. Thats what I did when I had a JK and it worked great. Heck sometimes i drove weeks before i connected the front back up after a ride.

Things to have for any basic ride: tow points, maybe a tow strap and good sense of humor. CB's, first aid, fire ext. all that other stuff we normally require really wont be much use at an event like this.

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #154 on: September 05, 2012, 10:08:37 AM »

Things to have for any basic ride: tow points, maybe a tow strap and good sense of humor. CB's, first aid, fire ext. all that other stuff we normally require really wont be much use at an event like this.
</ROCKIN/>
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #155 on: September 05, 2012, 10:16:50 AM »
Ok, well i can get the tow straps, not sure about the tow points, I have these hooks on my bumper?  i have a sense of humor, dont have a CB, i have 1st aid kit.  but no fire ext... so i will pick up a few things.   im still a bit nervous on installing my JKS quick disconnets.  like i said, im still new to the whole Jeep thing and doing mods, took me all weekend to do the front bumper chop/cap install thing.   :)   

and im sorry about asking too many questions, im really excited. about nxt weekend. i have only been on a trial 3 times, usind 4w Low.  but the trail was going out to a hunting site, so not really stressing.  but fun.  I also installed a AFE COLD AIR INTAKE 2012 JEEP WRANGLER JK,. so i need to say out of any deep water i think.
Kent Casey

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM