BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Linked Events

• JeepFest: September 14, 2012 - September 16, 2012

Author Topic: Sept 14-16 : Open Ride * JeepFest - DISCUSSION  (Read 45973 times)

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Sept 14-16 : Open Ride * JeepFest - DISCUSSION
« Reply #156 on: September 05, 2012, 10:30:44 AM »
but no fire ext... so i will pick up a few things.   im still a bit nervous on installing my JKS quick disconnets.
Fire ext $8 -$15 at walmart.
Bring the disconnects, I will help you put them on.
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

BigJerm

« Reply #157 on: September 05, 2012, 10:41:39 AM »
The hooks on your bumpers are tow points so you are good to go. Tow strap really isnt needed. Most of the volunteers will use their straps and winches if a recovery is needed.

Here is a write up on the disco's. http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-ups/jks-sway-bar-link-quick-disconnects-installation

I will be in Lilburn Sunday for a little bit. Not sure how far you are from there.

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #158 on: September 05, 2012, 11:49:22 AM »
Instructions: http://www.jksmfg.com/support/install_pn_2030-2034.pdf

Required tools:

18,19mm Socket & Wrench
3/4″ Socket & Ratchet
Crescent Wrench
Phillips Screw Driver
Grease Gun
Blue Loc-tite
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #159 on: September 05, 2012, 12:09:12 PM »
Or just do what Ryan did, make your own. Link is somewhere...
I've grown tired of this.

Offline kvom

• Visitor
  • Kirk
« Reply #160 on: September 05, 2012, 01:28:08 PM »
You can come over to my place in Cumming and we can put them on.  PM me if you want.
00 TJ  stuff
02 F250 CC LB 7.3 tow pig
18 Honda CRV
12 Chrysler 200 - Wife's car

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #161 on: September 05, 2012, 04:12:10 PM »
You can come over to my place in Cumming and we can put them on.  PM me if you want.

Nice, so it appears I will be headed to cumming on sat. to get some schooling on installing a JKS quicker disconnect, hopefully i can get some more info to boost the already large grin on my face. 

looking forward to seeing others at jeepfest.  again, im still a newbe in the jeep/mood stuff, but im learning and i know i cant do what the big boy jeeps do with 37's and 6inch lifts,
at least i can look good in my jk with 33's.  looking forward to learning HOW to off road and then maybe i can be smarter in changing my JK to meet what I want to accomplish.

</BEER/>   
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #162 on: September 05, 2012, 04:21:23 PM »

Nice, so it appears I will be headed to cumming on sat. to get some schooling on installing a JKS quicker disconnect, hopefully i can get some more info to boost the already large grin on my face. 

looking forward to seeing others at jeepfest.  again, im still a newbe in the jeep/mood stuff, but im learning and i know i cant do what the big boy jeeps do with 37's and 6inch lifts,
at least i can look good in my jk with 33's.  looking forward to learning HOW to off road and then maybe i can be smarter in changing my JK to meet what I want to accomplish.

</BEER/>   

Your on the right track. Turn a few wrench, come out to some events. Ride along with some other guys or follow on the trails you feel comfortable with. You will be impressed at how quickly this sport will grab you.
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline RD Slyter

• Visitor
« Reply #163 on: September 05, 2012, 05:58:20 PM »
Kent, like ben said, I just made my own out of a few clevus pins, some washers and some catter pins. The entire rig up for both front and rear cost me around $5. They kinda rattle a little bit when you have them installed, but as long as you don't mind that they work great. The are a temporary thing of course, but a real quick and inexpencive way to accomplish this.

Oh and BTW man, don't feel bad w 33's. Heck I run them and they do me just fine.   {cheers2}
Ryan and Dawn Slyter; Grafenwhere Germany

Offline sheriffsjeepfest

• Visitor
    • Sheriff's JeepFest
« Reply #164 on: September 05, 2012, 06:06:09 PM »
Your level of experience or the number of mods on your Jeep don't matter. You will have a blast, learn lots and make new friends. There is something for everyone.

Been Jeeping for 25+ years and on my 7th Jeep vehicle I can assure you that everyone wants to make sure the new folks have a great time. Large amount of the socializing and hanging out is actually in the parking lot. Every one is crawling under and looking in all the rigs, seeing what's new and getting ideas for the next item on the To-Do list.
" Fight like the third monkey trying to get on the Ark."

Offline RD Slyter

• Visitor
« Reply #165 on: September 05, 2012, 06:38:40 PM »
Your level of experience or the number of mods on your Jeep don't matter. You will have a blast, learn lots and make new friends. There is something for everyone.

Been Jeeping for 25+ years and on my 7th Jeep vehicle I can assure you that everyone wants to make sure the new folks have a great time. Large amount of the socializing and hanging out is actually in the parking lot. Every one is crawling under and looking in all the rigs, seeing what's new and getting ideas for the next item on the To-Do list.
;D

Precisely! It's all about just getting out and having a great time, playing with our toys ( jeeps) and getting to know people. As I said before, it's  not about who's got the biggest and baddest on the block. Were that the case, I wouldn't even consider attending because I'll be the first to admit my rig is nowhere close.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 05:53:06 AM by RD Slyter »
Ryan and Dawn Slyter; Grafenwhere Germany

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #166 on: September 06, 2012, 09:49:21 AM »
Right now it looks like the weather is going to be awesome.

Lows around 60 and high's in the 70's.

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #167 on: September 06, 2012, 09:55:46 AM »
Right now it looks like the weather is going to be awesome.

Lows around 60 and high's in the 70's.

That is going to be awesome doors and tops off :wav :wav
Bobby

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM