BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Operation No Cable  (Read 657 times)

BigJerm

Re: Operation No Cable
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2012, 03:24:23 PM »
Haha yeah Discovery and History channel are my favorite. But a quick glance last night Netflix has Man Vs Wild, Dual Survivor, Survivor man. No clue on other shows or what Hulu might have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2012, 05:21:50 PM »
But what about dual survival and man vs. wild? ha ha!

Netflix has all that and more!

BigJerm

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2012, 07:59:39 AM »
Alright so day 1 over and no issues. I got the morning news on Fox with antenna. Meg got home from work in the afternoon and was motivated to workout instead of watching one of her "trash" shows as she calls them. Then watched some Hulu and last night when I got home we watched the final episodes of American Ninja Warrior on antenna.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Re: Re: Operation No Cable
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2012, 10:54:02 AM »
Hey, more power to ya Jerm! Being debt free is an amazing accomplishment that I hope everyone can someday know. We have been debt free for about 6 months or so. Only owe on the house and student loans >:( But yes, the tv, cell phone, internet etc really makes me want to cut it as well. That is a shi- ton of money every year. Just having to pay for a home phone line cause I have a security system kills me. I could be using cell phones for it all. uuuggghhhh.

Then thats not debt free if you owe those. So no car and plastic debt but still not considered debt free.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

BigJerm

Re: Re: Re: Operation No Cable
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2012, 11:10:02 AM »

Then thats not debt free if you owe those. So no car and plastic debt but still not considered debt free.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Agree but to own a house is something else these days. We are working towards plastic, car and student loans... I give 2 years to be free of all and then it will be just house. I dont plan to own my house. Its my first house. I never planned to live my life here but the next house with 15 or so acres might be the 1 for me  ;D

Update: put the antenna in the window correctly this morning and got a total of 40 channels. 3 spanish, 3 church, and 4 music channels (like 96.1). The rest are regular channels. Not bad for a 1 time $25 investment. External antenna would probably get even better results.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 11:13:49 AM by BigJerm »

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2012, 11:22:49 AM »
I don't care how you look at it. Every little bit that is payed off no matter how big or small your one step ahead of the game.
Bobby

BigJerm

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2012, 12:52:27 PM »
Another website showing antenna channels possible around ATL.

http://www.atlantadigitaltv.com/3.html

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2012, 01:21:59 PM »
 {eek}
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2012, 01:45:59 PM »
Mortallis... to me, this is debt free. I was at one time $45,000 in the hole! So I will take a house payment and my minuscule monthly payments for my school loans anyday over credit card debt! {cheers2} All vehicles paid for is another huge deal for us!
I've grown tired of this.

BigJerm

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2012, 02:11:57 PM »
{eek}

Yep. I got most of those with my cheap indoor antenna. This seems to be a popular go to outside antenna. http://www.walmart.com/ip/RCA-Outdoor-Digital-Video-Broadcast-Terrestrial-with-Amplified-Antenna/20976675

$40 at Walmart. I will probably buy it later on and move my indoor antenna to the guest bedroom.

BigJerm

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2012, 09:31:36 PM »
Well just to update. No issues here. Heck we dont even really usually the Roku box. We have been watching the Olympics every night and right now I am watching the Falcons preseason game on antenna in HD.

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2012, 10:08:56 PM »
So it really is working, Very cool!
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK