BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Jeep vs Dodge Neon  (Read 740 times)

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
Re: Jeep vs Dodge Neon
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2013, 05:14:45 PM »
Looks like you scratched a wheel too... //LMAO//

Haha, thanks. Looks like my skids got a little banged up too.

Bobby, the pr44 is yours for another peanut butter and jelly sandwich x

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
Deal crunchy or plain peanut butter

Whatever you had on that ride

You got it buddy. I might even make one of each for you.
Bobby

Offline cudruln

• Visitor
Re:
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2013, 08:35:41 PM »
Man I have more rock rash from a single trail than her bumper left. Go jeep.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Alex

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
Re:
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2013, 09:49:23 PM »
Harlan PBJs are The best!

Off Grid Post
I've grown tired of this.

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2013, 10:00:03 PM »
Harlan PBJs are The best!

Off Grid Post
Somebody knows the truth
Bobby

Offline The_Dealer

• Visitor
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2013, 01:01:15 AM »
Jeep-4
Car-0

Not mine, but the best ones I've seen.

On a side note, mine didnt fare so well. It was totaled last week by an intoxicated driver who ran a red light. Took a had hit to the passenger front, and flopped me onto the drivers side. Luckily just dropped the kids off at school, and nobody was really hurt. Last I remember, I jumped out yelling, and ripped the lady's side view mirror off(like it would matter, her car was trashed as well), them I came to in the back of an ambulance. Mild concussion, and sore as hell. Thankful it wasn't worse, but sucks. My insurance company is good about mods,  i just give my agent receipts and have a pic or two to verify. Somehow I was offered 12,800 for a rig that I had under 10 in, and the buy back was 1800 and some change. At least my stroke, trans, and case are reusable. I'll have pics when the rollback brings it friday. Well, im now in the market for an LJ. So Jeep-0, Car-0...guess it cancels out
2000 TJ
ATK 4.7 stroker, Bds coils, disco's, 1" bl, 33x10.50 km2, soft 8's, RE LCA's, Skyjacker shocks

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
Re:
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2013, 06:25:43 AM »
Dang man! Glad you are ok. I totalled my Tacoma in college and bought it back. Then I sold it, I still regret not keeping that thing

Jay

Offline The_Dealer

• Visitor
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2013, 09:17:24 PM »
Yea, im really glad the kids were just dropped off right beforehand. My tj wasn't the most built, and didnt have the most money in it, but I had alot of bonding time with it. Alot of the work was fixing leaks, replacing worn parts, and mods that made the driving experience more fun(creature comforts). It was also the only high mileage jeep I've ever seen that was 100% leak free . Just watching all of your hard work go down the drain really puts you down. It would be one thing if it was body damage  on a cool trail. I actually bought a 4.10 geared 8.8 and m.o.r.e brackets the day before. After that, it would have been finished. The worst part, is it was all ruined by someone who was not only disobeying  traffic signals, they were  highly intoxicated. But as stated my well-being is the most important thing
2000 TJ
ATK 4.7 stroker, Bds coils, disco's, 1" bl, 33x10.50 km2, soft 8's, RE LCA's, Skyjacker shocks

Offline LUVNMY06TJ

• Visitor
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2013, 09:34:58 PM »
On a side note, mine didnt fare so well. It was totaled last week by an intoxicated driver who ran a red light. Took a had hit to the passenger front, and flopped me onto the drivers side. Luckily just dropped the kids off at school, and nobody was really hurt. Last I remember, I jumped out yelling, and ripped the lady's side view mirror off(like it would matter, her car was trashed as well), them I came to in the back of an ambulance. Mild concussion, and sore as hell. Thankful it wasn't worse, but sucks. My insurance company is good about mods,  i just give my agent receipts and have a pic or two to verify. Somehow I was offered 12,800 for a rig that I had under 10 in, and the buy back was 1800 and some change. At least my stroke, trans, and case are reusable. I'll have pics when the rollback brings it friday. Well, im now in the market for an LJ. So Jeep-0, Car-0...guess it cancels out

Sorry to hear about how someone else's bad decision screwed you. Glad you're ok. Also glad your insurance company is good about the mods. What insurance company are you using? Aside from what you mentioned, is there anything else salvageable to save for that LJ you're in the market for?
Jim

"Never leave a downed wheeler."

Offline The_Dealer

• Visitor
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2013, 10:13:07 AM »
Im with ga farm bureau, have been for years. The exterior of the tj is pretty damaged, but surprisingly my rugged ridge replacement flares aren't even scratched. I thought that was funny. Everything under the hood is usable besides the raditor, overflow, and evap canister(and purge solenoid). Somehow the a/c condenso, and all of the other HVAC parts didnt get damaged.  The only things I really planned to keep was the motor, 32rh, ac parts,tcase(with sye and Novak), rear bumper and engine harness. I plan on keeping the coils as well. I know the rear coils will be a little soft for an lj, but they will work for a little while. I actually see alot of tj guys buy OME HD lj springs and want to trade for softer ones, so maybe I'll get lucky. Also im definitely going to keep my 90% tread km2's. Everything else will be parted out. The interior is still good, and everything behind from fron control arm mounts. If it was a rear hit, I'd just cut the back half off and tube it.

I found an 05 LJ(red/dark gray interior) on eBay last night, and im waiting on the seller to get back with me. It was overheated due to a WP leak, and knocks skips, and smokes. It has 120k, and is an auto, with a/c. Its in Louisiana, and looks to be in pretty good shape. He's asking a pretty good price as well. If he gets back to me, and I like what I hear, I'll be getting it. My buddy lives in the same town, so im going to see if the seller will let him check it out for me. I need to search around a bit about putting the 32rh in a newer tj. I imagine with the tj wiring and pcm it would work. Btw, Merry Christmas guys!
2000 TJ

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Re:
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2013, 10:36:48 AM »
I like that LJ deal.  Sounds like a good find except the indication of high price.  I guess it's worth the book value less what a shop would charge to put in a reman motor.

Sent off camber

Offline The_Dealer

• Visitor
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2013, 01:30:13 PM »
He's asking $4200 for it, but im trying for $3800-4k. If it didnt have motor problems, I'd say it would sell for $10k on the market. So I think that's a fair price. Even considering how much I've put into my stroker, and the ability to take all engine related parts from the tj, I'd be right at $8k. Seems pretty good to me. The seller emailed me today, and my buddy is going to check it out this afternoon. My buddy said he's going to try to get it cheaper in person, rather then me going through eBay. Not sure if that's cheating or not. Anyways if it works out, my buddy will fork up the money and buy it, and I'll reimburse him I i pick it up. Hopefully it works out, i could have everything swapped in over weekend
2000 TJ

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re:
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2013, 01:46:01 PM »
It is cheating if you wouldn't have found it without eBay.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM