BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Help Planning Multi-Day Expedition near Atlanta, Georgia  (Read 2693 times)

BigJerm

Re: Help Planning Multi-Day Expedition near Atlanta, Georgia
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2012, 05:38:06 PM »
If you go to Harlan be ready to do the same trails multiple times. It's a big park, yes but you are limited by your setup and since you will be loaded down with stuff you are even more limited with all the weight moving around. I have never been to Coal Creek but I heard it is just miles as miles of trails.

How much gas depends on how much driving. Some days I have used over half a tank, some days just a 1/4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2012, 05:47:33 PM »
Is that a picture of you JK?

I will get the information posted about GATRFEST @ Gulches later this week  {cheers2}

« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 05:50:33 PM by PHANTOM »
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline RD Slyter

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2012, 06:33:00 PM »
Fuel wise, it rally depends on driving habits off road. If you're gassing it over every obsticle, of course you're going to burn it off a LOT faster vs. if you follow the old "slow is smooth, and smooth is fast" rule. Not to mention you'll be a lot less likely to brake something taking it nice and slow.

It also depends on exactly how much driving you're planning on doing each day. Only going a few miles could take you a ferw hours depending on how dificult the trails are.

Long and short, your fuel consumption depends on you. Were it me, I'd probably ration my fuel consumption and set a limit for driving each day to how much fuel is used. In doing so, you could get what you are looking for (video), manage to stay out for an extended period of time, and still have fuel left over. Save the resurve for emergencies.
Ryan and Dawn Slyter; Grafenwhere Germany

Offline MCSJK2008

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2012, 09:31:08 PM »
@PHANTOM Unfortunately, no. That is what my ultimate plan is though: WARN Rock Crawler Stubby Bumper with 9.5 Ti winch, however instead of Skyjacker lift, AEV DualSport RS for its added stability while still being according to them a long-arm kit. Plus, mine is white... Didn't put a picture of mine up as it is pretty new and don't have any good pictures of it yet... Atleast none that are worthy of being my profile picture

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM