BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Morning Coffee  (Read 167533 times)

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Morning Coffee
« Reply #3504 on: September 09, 2018, 10:28:09 AM »

For those of us considering a similar swap, we really need to know more details of good/bad/ugly you experienced. 

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 08:25:49 PM by tjsahara00 »
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
« Reply #3505 on: September 09, 2018, 10:33:18 AM »

Everything was good mechanically. My issue is with all the systems in the jk. Tj guys shouldn’t have a problem. I probably wouldn’t have had I not had to tune it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 08:23:49 PM by tjsahara00 »

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #3506 on: September 10, 2018, 10:53:22 AM »

So when the big Wreck happens, and its gonna happen, will they be flying a chopper in? or do they have a crane on standby?
There are emergency access points with metal side walls that can be lowered. The FD has been training for months now on contingencies and pre-planning how to deal with it. The short answer is if it's bad enough they will place their engine on the main HWY next to the wall and cross it with an "A-frame" ladder and go to work. As for getting the damaged vehicles out, the wreckers will use the access points.

Thats great for the divided highway but what about the Flyover sections? I'm thinking Sky hook on helicopter.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #3507 on: September 10, 2018, 11:19:21 AM »

https://www.srta.ga.gov/deal-announces-northwest-corridor-express-lanes-opening-date-and-ribbon-cutting-ceremony/

having driven between Inman Park or Avondale each morning ,up to Alpharetta for over 15 years , I still have nightmares about that traffic ,even 20 years later; I can't imagine this working-out as planned but let's hope so.

( it is funny ; all those year livin in the ATL , I can go anyplace that thinks it has bad traffic & only Seattle has compared ( Nashville's worst traffic would be a dream commute around atlanta)...)
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3508 on: September 10, 2018, 11:32:11 AM »

https://www.srta.ga.gov/deal-announces-northwest-corridor-express-lanes-opening-date-and-ribbon-cutting-ceremony/

having driven between Inman Park or Avondale each morning ,up to Alpharetta for over 15 years , I still have nightmares about that traffic ,even 20 years later; I can't imagine this working-out as planned but let's hope so.

( it is funny ; all those year livin in the ATL , I can go anyplace that thinks it has bad traffic & only Seattle has compared ( Nashville's worst traffic would be a dream commute around atlanta)...)
More recently, the Bay Area is a nightmare and also the DC area.  I would put them both on par with Atlanta traffic.
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #3509 on: September 10, 2018, 11:42:11 AM »

More recently, the Bay Area is a nightmare and also the DC area.  I would put them both on par with Atlanta traffic.
The Bay area coming in from Walnut Creek area absolutley sucks. 30 miles takes 1.5  hours in the mornings and atleast 2 hours going back in the evenings and that's on good days. And that's not even going all the way into the city. I stopped at Treasure Island.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3510 on: September 10, 2018, 11:43:09 AM »

I used it yesterday...it should be beneficial for everyone, at a minimum it's 2 new dedicated lanes made with concrete, so maintenance should be low and speeds should be high.  Cost is the biggest concern for me.

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline BigPrince

• Visitor
« Reply #3511 on: September 10, 2018, 11:48:57 AM »
DC Metro area is like my second home and it can be horrid.  The difference though is it is 6lanes of traffic bumper to bumper whereas Atlanta is like 8-10lanes.  Neither are moving though. 

I was in Boston couple weeks ago and I will say their traffic wasn’t great but their drivers are so far the most commonly f’ing insane I’ve seen. If there is room, you’re getting passed even if there is no lane, even if it’s grass. Got passed on the right median of a tight yield merge onto a highway.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 11:49:53 AM by BigPrince »

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3512 on: September 10, 2018, 11:51:30 AM »

I was in Boston couple weeks ago and I will say their traffic wasn’t great but their drivers are so far the most commonly f’ing insane I’ve seen. If there is room, you’re getting passed even if there is no lane, even if it’s grass. Got passed on the right median of a tight yield merge onto a highway.

Yeah and in the Boston area it’s a sign of weakness to use your directional. 
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3513 on: September 10, 2018, 12:25:43 PM »

Yeah and in the Boston area it’s a sign of weakness to use your directional.
I recall being there a couple of decades ago, in my younger days, and I recall being freaked out by people passing me in the emergency lanes...it was a WTF situation for sure.

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #3514 on: September 11, 2018, 06:28:58 AM »
Ooh. I forgot about DC= whew, nasty. I always take the train when there if possible. Yeah, I don’t get the non use of turn indicators some places. At least Atlantans use them . No place else seems to. And, passing on the emergency lane is moronic , imo
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3515 on: September 11, 2018, 10:41:35 AM »
Mechanical linkage to make your full hydro race legal?

Looks pretty cool. And maybe a way to get your full hydro on the street without thinking you'll kill a bus load of kids if a hose breaks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM