BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Morning Coffee  (Read 166211 times)

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Re: Morning Coffee
« Reply #3516 on: September 12, 2018, 05:56:21 AM »
Looks like Florence is going to turn our way rather than north.

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #3517 on: September 12, 2018, 07:12:11 AM »
Mechanical linkage to make your full hydro race legal?

Looks pretty cool. And maybe a way to get your full hydro on the street without thinking you'll kill a bus load of kids if a hose breaks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yes. I’ve seen that design before, someplace. Is that on Crispy the jk for KoH that PS built or some other ? Pretty tactful means of meeting race category criteria ( restrictions) for a 4500 class car to meet requirements which include mechanical steering . There’s a name fir that ...or maybe it’s just rack n pinion assist? Ha

Pretty ingenious...
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #3518 on: September 12, 2018, 09:15:39 AM »

The strongest winds in a hurricane are usually found on the right side of the storm because the motion of the hurricane also contributes to its swirling winds. Rain and flash flooding and downed trees will be a major concern. We may see a few tornado's spun off depending on wind speeds.

I went through Frederic in 1979 in Pensacola, FL  and although we were 5 miles inland we still had a lot of damage due to winds and a tornado.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Frederic

They are supposed to be repairing my roof on Friday, just in the nick of time.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline longarmwj

• Visitor
« Reply #3519 on: September 12, 2018, 12:05:26 PM »
I saw that this morning. Probably going to end up like Irma last year with tons of rain and down trees all over the place.
Ryan
03 WJ - The Minivan
17 JKU - The Other Minivan

Offline TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3520 on: September 12, 2018, 12:33:10 PM »
I saw that this morning. Probably going to end up like Irma last year with tons of rain and down trees all over the place.

Anyone got a generator they want to sell? We lose power in every storm it seems like
Travis Macdonald
Crossthreading is nature's locktite

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #3521 on: September 12, 2018, 01:56:53 PM »
I hope our fellow members that're from down around the Golden Isles/Florida regions & up into the Carolina's are all in as-good-a situation as they can . Y'all hunker-down & be safe durin' the storm.
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline longarmwj

• Visitor
« Reply #3522 on: September 12, 2018, 03:37:33 PM »

Anyone got a generator they want to sell? We lose power in every storm it seems like
I have one that doesn't work, I think. I can't remember if I sold it, or if it's in my basement, or if it's in storage. If I can find it and figure out why it isn't working it's yours
Ryan
03 WJ - The Minivan

Offline TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3523 on: September 12, 2018, 06:46:50 PM »

I have one that doesn't work, I think. I can't remember if I sold it, or if it's in my basement, or if it's in storage. If I can find it and figure out why it isn't working it's yours
Thanks! I actually found a buddy on Facebook who is selling me his. He bought it for the winter storm last year and only used it once. Thank you though! Might want to get it working for this weekend though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Travis Macdonald
Crossthreading is nature's locktite

Offline filco

• Visitor
« Reply #3524 on: September 12, 2018, 07:50:21 PM »
I hope our fellow members that're from down around the Golden Isles/Florida regions & up into the Carolina's are all in as-good-a situation as they can . Y'all hunker-down & be safe durin' the storm.
This will be our third hurricane and we finally bought a generator, so now maybe we won’t need it. Looks to be north enough to not need it which is good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
Morning Coffee
« Reply #3525 on: September 13, 2018, 03:24:45 PM »
2 door JK production is very low. Wonder when they'll stop production. 22%.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 03:29:36 PM by BigMike »

Offline longarmwj

• Visitor
« Reply #3526 on: September 13, 2018, 04:12:23 PM »
As somebody who used to work for Jeep, I can say that they would not stop production of the 2 Door simply because of the uproar it would cause from the enthusiasts.

The 4 Door does far outweigh the 2 Door as far as sales numbers, but I have actually seen a good many 2 Door JLs in the last few days. As long as they keep selling they will produce them. 22% production doesn't seem like a lot, but Jeep makes a good bit of money on the 2 Doors because they cost a great deal less to build verses the 4 Door, but they only sell them a couple of grand cheaper then the 4 Door.
Ryan
03 WJ - The Minivan

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #3527 on: September 13, 2018, 04:28:05 PM »

It is interesting that they exported just 1 RHD Rubi Hardrock Unlimited in 2017... would that have been a customer - custom order ? I thought they just made them, like ..." Ok. We've got 32 Smokie Mountain decals left..."

I suppose there's more to it than that , heh
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM