BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Morning Coffee  (Read 156852 times)

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
Re: Morning Coffee
« Reply #3540 on: September 16, 2018, 06:45:06 PM »
That's a very cool "truck ".
Easy conversion. 1/2 cab top & rear door fillers. Is that it?

i think; it has a goofy "sport cage" that is more appearance, from what I have seen. But, yeah; it is a molded line thing. I would build/have built an actual cage that looked like that but had a halo over top. This is long term but pretty conf change. I am lookin at a CL welder at moment tryin to bring guy down.
 this kit aint cheap ; might be cheaper than the possible damage that a newb fabricator like me tryin to do this to his JKU as a first big project burnin metal (It'd take me a bit to save this -nearly rediculous https://dv8offroad.com/collections/jk-conversions/products/hammertruck-conversion -kinda bread-up.
There is a cool JKT conversion goin on on jkowners ...guy is converting to a truck & is good with his MIG
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3541 on: September 16, 2018, 07:32:28 PM »
So a 7 grand cosmetic package? No thanks....

Online Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
« Reply #3542 on: September 16, 2018, 08:15:20 PM »
It’s a jk thing you wouldn’t understand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3543 on: September 16, 2018, 08:21:44 PM »
Yeaaaaaa buddy.

Home depot turnbuckles and cheap cable clamps are holding it together

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #3544 on: September 17, 2018, 06:43:33 AM »
Yeaaaaaa buddy.

Home depot turnbuckles and cheap cable clamps are holding it together

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That thing looked like a mobile guillotine !
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #3545 on: September 17, 2018, 06:50:33 AM »

I agree.
I have seen it on one of the annual sales for a bit over $4k , which is still pretty costly. But, material , half doors , the top fiberglass work & 1 piece panel, carpeting , bed, etc...all that added up to do ones self would be at least that much.
I dunno. I’m just over this cookie cutter JK 4 door. I saw over 35 4 door JKs at my kids baseball park Sat. Even tho mine is very crawl oriented ( & that’s al she’s for) & built right “ down there” , I would sure like to shorten her cab & lose about 1000lbs somehow. Everybody and their mom drive these 4 door JKs. The rest are tryin to sell them. Ugh.
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline BigPrince

• Visitor
« Reply #3546 on: September 17, 2018, 09:50:40 AM »
sometimes it's better to be cookie cutter than be the broken cookie. I wouldn't leap to do anything just to be different but I know some folks would.  I personally think it's a fine line between ugly and beautiful when you start doing some of this and the fake toobs, half converted doors, it's skirting that line.  I've seen a couple look good though they took more work.

Offline Jango

• Visitor
« Reply #3547 on: September 17, 2018, 11:14:36 AM »

i think; it has a goofy "sport cage" that is more appearance, from what I have seen. But, yeah; it is a molded line thing. I would build/have built an actual cage that looked like that but had a halo over top. This is long term but pretty conf change. I am lookin at a CL welder at moment tryin to bring guy down.
 this kit aint cheap ; might be cheaper than the possible damage that a newb fabricator like me tryin to do this to his JKU as a first big project burnin metal (It'd take me a bit to save this -nearly rediculous https://dv8offroad.com/collections/jk-conversions/products/hammertruck-conversion -kinda bread-up.
There is a cool JKT conversion goin on on jkowners ...guy is converting to a truck & is good with his MIG

Check out this guys JKU conversion. I follow him on Instagram and he has been through a few changes on that Jeep. He is selling it now incase you just want a turn key one ton jeep.

https://www.facebook.com/BlackWidowJK/posts/1787269988020589?__tn__=K-R
-Connor (Jango... the D is silent and invisible)

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #3548 on: September 17, 2018, 01:00:57 PM »
sometimes it's better to be cookie cutter than be the broken cookie. I wouldn't leap to do anything just to be different but I know some folks would.  I personally think it's a fine line between ugly and beautiful when you start doing some of this and the fake toobs, half converted doors, it's skirting that line.  I've seen a couple look good though they took more work.

I agree & that's really good advice.
I , too, have seen that thin-line of which you speak; when crossed hastily , the target jeep winds-up being ruined .

Fwiw, I am beyond pleased w the JKU I have - performance wise- built myself. I've begun lookin at that " next" phase ,tho. I'm sure you've been there , likely way before me w/the JK . My trail riding 'wants' are beginning to exceed what I've  built so far. So, I have begun to consider tons & that will inevitably require beadlocks +meat for 8 lugs setup...we all know what that costs ..then, oh snap...how am I gonna b able to  move an added 1400-1600lbs when I gotta 3.8l ...let's look at engine swaps! - sigh-
At this point , I usually realize I'd be throwing money away that I'll never see returned , even if I found that one, unlikely buyer for a sale. Mine is so "me" no body would ever buy it, heh.

If i analyze this , I guess it's why I'm trying to find something that I can convince myself to just keep it but also to  put it even a slight step-away from every other well proportioned, capable black JKU.

I guess I should be happy I got my "first phase" list all completed , be appreciative & just enjoy wheelin it as is ,huh?

Jeep therapy session ended , lol.
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline BigPrince

• Visitor
« Reply #3549 on: September 17, 2018, 03:37:43 PM »

Check out this guys JKU conversion. I follow him on Instagram and he has been through a few changes on that Jeep. He is selling it now incase you just want a turn key one ton jeep.

There's some good and some "yikes" on that Jeep.  For me, I'd plan on 5k over sale price to fix it up and that could be low - for me.  Others mights be able to get away with 1k over sale price to fix up to their desires.

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #3550 on: September 17, 2018, 06:21:01 PM »

wait.
that is Ludows "Black Widow" ; I recall that guy from another forum.
I , for a moment, thought it was the original black 4door redonkulousness that was this JKU:
https://www.jkowners.com/forum/modified-jk-tech-dept/53445-official-project-black-widow-4dr-jk-build-comp-cut-stretch-d60-70-44-tires-etc-3.html   [rolleyes]

I like the shape of the "cage" ( can any verify that would be able to save your head in a flop?)
However, the thing looks not unlike that conversion DV8 thing I posted "sport cage" with the capless, sketchy-ness seen here:

...plus, not that there is anything wrong with using the heck out of a Jeep but that kinda looks rode-hard & put-away-wet, ya know?
Just further testament to there bein'  too many black four door absurdities that have been around for too long ...I am down on my Jeep; I need a wrap or a drink, I think. 
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #3551 on: September 17, 2018, 06:39:05 PM »
ah, now that I look further at that previous post - the "Black Widow" , I suppose it is not that bad. It aint $25k worth of not-too-bad & I will be curious to see if that sells.  The Jeeps stance sure is right ; i kinda look at it & wonder if that is what I am gonna wind-up with in 3-4 years.
I do have a thing for the JK Unlimited's that've been "converted' to long two doors.
This one is sweet:
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM