BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Morning Coffee  (Read 157780 times)

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
Re: Morning Coffee
« Reply #96 on: November 06, 2012, 01:49:04 PM »
No, from windrock, i will be headed home sunday.  back to atlanta (snellville)  my son attends college at MTSU
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #97 on: November 06, 2012, 02:19:19 PM »
My cousin is planning to ride with me and will be driving from nashville to meet us. He can pick up the tent if you need.
Jay

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #98 on: November 07, 2012, 07:03:40 AM »
My cousin is planning to ride with me and will be driving from nashville to meet us. He can pick up the tent if you need.

naw, im also going up thru. afternoon, to visit my son in college, take him out for a meal, use his apt. to sleep and then get up early friday and head over to windrock.
i think its only a few hr from MTSU  on I-40   but thanks..
Kent Casey

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #99 on: November 12, 2012, 06:18:51 AM »
Well, its about 6am.  after working sunday after i got home, i finally got a nice shower in my own home.  wife had a nice home cooked meal ready , and we watched a few movies together.  was very
nice.   

So on the drive home I was following David/David Sr and Ryan we all where headed in about the same direction ATL.  made the drive go much faster.   I appreciate the friendships i made/strengthend over this weekend.  they even helped me when my DSC came on during my drive home. 

now the JKs'  or at least mine has a seperate toggle for this where it is when its toggled on..

So when we stopped to pee  {popcorn}  David took a look and said that cause my stearing wheel was not straight that i just had to losen up and retighten/adjust the stableizer a bit and it would go off.   ;D

i like simple answers.  so i will work on getting this done this week, i still need to take my rig after work and spray all the mud off.    any suggestions on getting the caked on mud from the door jams out?
i dont want to soke the inside of my driver/pass floor or seat, nor do i want to blow mud back in.  how do u guys best clean this? 

need to find me a guy selling his rubi lift (shocks/springs) to get me up to about 3inch.  Ryan did very well lifted and he has no lockers.   

(note to self.. dont say.. no lockers no problem until im all the way up the hill.)  made it up a hard hill and right at the end after i made that statement, i started to spin.  but a slight bump and i was up..  {hihi}

also, those of you that served our country. thanks for the job you did and for defending our country, even if we have an idiot in office, you all should know, we back home appreciate you and what you have
all given, thanks.   {salute}

so my new short list.
1.lift
2.longer JK quick disconnects
3.stearing stableizer ( need the kit that moves it ontop of the bar... thanks David for that suggestion)
4.winch
5.Front lunchbox lockers
6.rear air lockers

spotty little things , like getting my CB tunned better.. getting shorter cable, and going to re-wire it better (thanks David and Ryan)  Ooo..  need some more coffie. 

if anyone has any pics of my rig, i only got a few at the camp site.  i will post them after i upload them. i think someone took a video of me going up a small hill.  i need  some to
show the wife i actually did something, she wondered if i just went to a mud hole all weekend.  lol  i said. David had issues , and it smelled like bologna, im so glad my wife never smelled like bologna. 

thanks again to David and Ryan for all the stories.   and again, to all who served.   {salute}
Kent Casey

Offline RD Slyter

• Visitor
« Reply #100 on: November 12, 2012, 07:39:08 AM »
Well, its about 6am.  after working sunday after i got home, i finally got a nice shower in my own home.  wife had a nice home cooked meal ready , and we watched a few movies together.  was very
nice.   

So on the drive home I was following David/David Sr and Ryan we all where headed in about the same direction ATL.  made the drive go much faster.   I appreciate the friendships i made/strengthend over this weekend.  they even helped me when my DSC came on during my drive home. 

So when we stopped to pee  {popcorn}  David took a look and said that cause my stearing wheel was not straight that i just had to losen up and retighten/adjust the stableizer a bit and it would go off.   ;D

i like simple answers.  so i will work on getting this done this week, i still need to take my rig after work and spray all the mud off.    any suggestions on getting the caked on mud from the door jams out?
i dont want to soke the inside of my driver/pass floor or seat, nor do i want to blow mud back in.  how do u guys best clean this? 

need to find me a guy selling his rubi lift (shocks/springs) to get me up to about 3inch.  Ryan did very well lifted and he has no lockers.   

(note to self.. dont say.. no lockers no problem until im all the way up the hill.)  made it up a hard hill and right at the end after i made that statement, i started to spin.  but a slight bump and i was up..  {hihi}

also, those of you that served our country. thanks for the job you did and for defending our country, even if we have an idiot in office, you all should know, we back home appreciate you and what you have
all given, thanks.   {salute}

so my new short list.
1.lift
2.longer JK quick disconnects
3.stearing stableizer ( need the kit that moves it ontop of the bar... thanks David for that suggestion)
4.winch
5.Front lunchbox lockers
6.rear air lockers

spotty little things , like getting my CB tunned better.. getting shorter cable, and going to re-wire it better (thanks David and Ryan)  Ooo..  need some more coffie. 

if anyone has any pics of my rig, i only got a few at the camp site.  i will post them after i upload them. i think someone took a video of me going up a small hill.  i need  some to
show the wife i actually did something, she wondered if i just went to a mud hole all weekend.  lol  i said. David had issues , and it smelled like bologna, im so glad my wife never smelled like bologna. 

thanks again to David and Ryan for all the stories.   and again, to all who served.   {salute}

Thanks for the kind words Kent.
A few things for you bro; 1) The discos you have are adjustable, so if you're planning on going up 3" I really don't think you need to worry about getting new ones. 2) Along with your proposed suspension, I'd recommend better controle arms. Adjustable if at all possible. Allsouth has them for about 160 or so a set (front lower, front upper etc.) They will make a very big diffrence in your articulation range.
One last thing. I may be kinda' bias right now on this but I'm swaring by it. If you, or anyone is looking at a steering stabe I would recommend any day to anyone w a JK at least a duel stabe kit. At first I was skeptical as to what kind of diffrence it would make, but after this weekend I'm blown away!
Ryan and Dawn Slyter; Grafenwhere Germany

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #101 on: November 12, 2012, 08:13:00 AM »
Door jambs are clean.  Wash the exterior first.  Remove doors and use a soaking, dripping wet towel end to wipe the jam, top to botom, keeping all the mud and water out, and use the dry end of the towel to dry it.

The disco's won't reach if he lifts 3".

Rubi springs will not lift you 3".  Was that a typo or did he tell you it would lift 3".  I think it's .5-1".

Adjustable control arms are almost a must for lifting for proper steering geometry, and to tune the driveability.

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #102 on: November 12, 2012, 08:16:23 AM »
the JK quick discos are only for stock to 2"   but they are not that expensive compared, ill just get some more. ebay has they all the time. cheap.
Kent Casey

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #103 on: November 13, 2012, 07:26:09 AM »
well, another day, more confusion on what i need to do nxt.   geshhhh. .  now im depressed about the crap diff's i have..
Kent Casey

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #104 on: November 13, 2012, 08:34:30 AM »
Ben wheeled 35's on a dana 30 for years with finesse.  If you have a light foot, and can crawl while looking for the right line that will get u up.

Dont worry about bulding it bomb proof yet.  Just wheel easy and take care of the biggest thing slowing you down.

What is more important to you right now?
what has been your biggest hinderence?
Watching you i would assume axle clearance so you need bigger tires and a small lift.

You can add a 2"high budget lift with shock extenders and no control arms for a few hundred dollars.  The dealers do it every day.

Add 35's and u are much more capable.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #105 on: November 13, 2012, 08:37:38 AM »
Add a lunch box locker in front and you have e very capable rig.

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #106 on: November 13, 2012, 08:40:00 AM »
or=Doug link=topic=9541.msg160621#msg160621 date=1352813670]
Ben wheeled 35's on a dana 30 for years with finesse.  If you have a light foot, and can crawl while looking for the right line that will get u up.

Dont worry about bulding it bomb proof yet.  Just wheel easy and take care of the biggest thing slowing you down.

What is more important to you right now?
what has been your biggest hinderence?
Watching you i would assume axle clearance so you need bigger tires and a small lift.

You can add a 2"high budget lift with shock extenders and no control arms for a few hundred dollars.  The dealers do it every day.

Add 35's and u are much more capable.
[/quote]

keeping my rig  driveable.  thats important.
hinderence, getting the feel for my standard...

bigger tires..  well thats an $ i just got the 33's   but a budget lift.  not sure how cheap that is, ..  plus im not that skilled in the shop, not sure if its something i could do alone.  

i do want to protect some stuff under... thats for dam sure...   :smoke
Kent Casey

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #107 on: November 26, 2012, 07:39:54 AM »
Happy monday.. after thanksgiving.   on my 5th cup this am.  back to work and the grind.   :) 
Kent Casey

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM