BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Morning Coffee  (Read 157178 times)

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
Morning Coffee
« Reply #3612 on: December 15, 2018, 01:40:06 PM »
Well jeep broke. Headed to al for a funeral and the clutch won稚 engage press to foor won稚 let me shift. I知 stuck at the rest area just in Alabama as u leave Georgia. Guess I need to be towed to Allsouth
Anyone got any ideas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 03:33:32 AM by tjsahara00 »
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Morning Coffee
« Reply #3613 on: December 15, 2018, 02:32:58 PM »
Well jeep broke. Headed to al for a funeral and the clutch won稚 engage press to foor won稚 let me shift. I知 stuck at the rest area just in Alabama as u leave Georgia. Guess I need to be towed to Allsouth
Anyone got any ideas

Can you still move the shifter at all? You should be able to start from first gear and shift through the gears without the clutch. Just dont let the rpm get too high between shifts
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 03:34:01 AM by tjsahara00 »

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
Morning Coffee
« Reply #3614 on: December 15, 2018, 02:36:36 PM »
Yes but I got into nutrual for now but I知 in a parking spot at rest area. AAA Is on the way to tow me to Allsouth can some one let Danny know I知 dropping it off tonite see if he can look at it monday

« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 02:37:17 PM by kent10sne1 »
Kent Casey

Online tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #3615 on: December 15, 2018, 03:24:52 PM »
Yes but I got into nutrual for now but I知 in a parking spot at rest area. AAA Is on the way to tow me to Allsouth can some one let Danny know I知 dropping it off tonite see if he can look at it monday

I sent him a text

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3616 on: December 15, 2018, 03:26:35 PM »

Two things:
1) call Danny (are you a millennial?)
2) I would check clutch fluid level, and if low, look for a leak.  I'd be surprised if it was anything else, presuming it went from working perfectly to not working at all.  I had that happen on my yj, and recently John had it happen on his TJ.  You might be able to keep topping it off until you can get it into a shop for repair. 

Sorry about you having to miss the funeral...hopefully it wasn't for your wife's family/friends.   
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #3617 on: December 15, 2018, 06:50:22 PM »
Jeep dropped off at @Allsouth. Will call Monday am

Kent Casey

Offline Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
« Reply #3618 on: December 15, 2018, 06:53:19 PM »

Two things:
1) call Danny (are you a millennial?)
2) I would check clutch fluid level, and if low, look for a leak.  I'd be surprised if it was anything else, presuming it went from working perfectly to not working at all.  I had that happen on my yj, and recently John had it happen on his TJ.  You might be able to keep topping it off until you can get it into a shop for repair. 

Sorry about you having to miss the funeral...hopefully it wasn't for your wife's family/friends.
Gotta be a millennial

Offline Scott F.

• Visitor
« Reply #3619 on: December 15, 2018, 08:33:33 PM »
For those near the 575 corridor, there is a new steel supply that opened next to the Cherokee Couty Airport.

Had a great customer service experience with them and competitive prices. Picked up my new frame rails and what I need to make a new weld table.

Have to get stocked up on metal before the price increase in January.

Crap.
I didn't know about this price increase in January ; and here I'm literally about to buy a real welder ...

how significant are steel prices forcast to rise?

(Edit: oh, the tariffs; I'd forgotten sbout that .
Prices are supposed to be significantly higher at first...  [no2]

great...)

From talking to the retailer when I picked up the steel, they said they are seeing prices creeping up weekly now with roughly a 20% jump in the new year.

The biggest price jump he said was on chromoly, close to a 50% increase in some. Not sure while the big difference between mild steel and the alloys.

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #3620 on: December 16, 2018, 11:01:01 AM »
For those near the 575 corridor, there is a new steel supply that opened next to the Cherokee Couty Airport.

Had a great customer service experience with them and competitive prices. Picked up my new frame rails and what I need to make a new weld table.

Crap.
I didn't know about this price increase in January ; and here I'm literally about to buy a real welder ...

great...)

From talking to the retailer when I picked up the steel, they said they are seeing prices creeping up weekly now with roughly a 20% jump in the new year.

The biggest price jump he said was on chromoly, close to a 50% increase in some. Not sure while the big difference between mild steel and the alloys.

Thanks, Scott

I realized that I won't be buying massive quantities of stock this year ...I am gonna start with some sliders and some bracketry first . Then I will begin the DOM collecting for cage and some frame tie ins I've got envisioned...

So, maybe by time I'm ready for large purchase , the domestic furnaces will be back in swing & US steel will be as affordable as the imported presently is🇺🇸😉
Jeffery
コlllllllコ '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3621 on: December 17, 2018, 12:47:57 AM »

Crap.

great...)

I thought the second round of tariffs were iffy. Have they changed that to a hard yes?

I know rcv and a few other places will have a price increase the first of the year.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline Scott F.

• Visitor
« Reply #3622 on: December 17, 2018, 05:59:33 AM »
I知 not sure if it痴 the second round of tariffs or some other supply issue causing the pending increase.

I was told that very cheap tubing from India had been cut back in the market. Most of the US based DOM is coming from Plymouth Tube.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #3623 on: December 17, 2018, 09:21:36 AM »
We buy steel and aluminum globally every day, and we're just seeing increases from U.S. converters but we saw steel increase many months ago.  They held off as long as they could with what was in the pipeline but now we are seeing the tariff effect on all steel and aluminum.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM