BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Morning Coffee  (Read 157270 times)

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
Re: Morning Coffee
« Reply #3672 on: January 10, 2019, 08:20:04 PM »
The guy who bought my rear corners gaurds in New Jeresey
sent me a couple pictures today.
Said they fit great and liked them.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 08:21:06 PM by tjsahara00 »
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3673 on: January 13, 2019, 06:44:23 AM »
Today was the first day I've traveled by air since the shutdown.  Every TSA person with which I interacted was polite and professional.

Many people say they support the border wall, and believe going without pay is their duty to secure the nation, because without a wall (or steel slats or whatever the dems want to call it) we cease to be a nation.  I am truly surprised, but facts are not facts.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #3674 on: January 13, 2019, 06:58:21 AM »
Today was the first day I've traveled by air since the shutdown.  Every TSA person with which I interacted was polite and professional.

Many people say they support the border wall, and believe going without pay is their duty to secure the nation, because without a wall (or steel slats or whatever the dems want to call it) we cease to be a nation.  I am truly surprised, but facts are not facts.
Fake News, Clark is never "Truly surprised" ;)
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline BigPrince

• Visitor
« Reply #3675 on: January 13, 2019, 10:55:39 AM »

I was in DC last week.  Pretty much a ghost town in the area near the WhiteHouse compared to usual.  I could get a table anywhere I wanted without any question.  We were the only patrons during the hour we were there for lunch at one restaurant that is normally packed. 

I bought a CLEAR membership in case TSA was having issues.  Clear is privately funded so I figured it might come in handy if TSA was backed up.  Total waste of $99.  TSA lines were shorter than normal and like you said, they didn't seem to have any folks complaining or any operational customer facing shortages. 

Another way to look at things -

*I have not fact checked so feel free.

Offline TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3676 on: January 13, 2019, 11:42:11 AM »

I was in DC last week.  Pretty much a ghost town in the area near the WhiteHouse compared to usual.  I could get a table anywhere I wanted without any question.  We were the only patrons during the hour we were there for lunch at one restaurant that is normally packed. 

I bought a CLEAR membership in case TSA was having issues.  Clear is privately funded so I figured it might come in handy if TSA was backed up.  Total waste of $99.  TSA lines were shorter than normal and like you said, they didn't seem to have any folks complaining or any operational customer facing shortages. 

Another way to look at things -

*I have not fact checked so feel free.
The party of financial conservatives want to waste $5b on a fence that will do absolutely nothing. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Travis Macdonald
Crossthreading is nature's locktite

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3677 on: January 13, 2019, 11:57:19 AM »
Trump is being a child and the government shutdown should end.  There is no reason to hold innocent federal workers hostage for a symbol that he wants to build that will do nothing.  He's a fawking disgrace.
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #3678 on: January 13, 2019, 12:05:47 PM »
Maybe we can talk Jeff Bezos’ wife to pay for it.

She is actually on my “list”
Jay

Offline jc79

• Visitor
« Reply #3679 on: January 13, 2019, 12:10:18 PM »
Just your opinion, John. Which I respectfully disagree with. Border Patrol disagrees. And folks like Obama, Hillary, Schumer and Feinstein disagreed only a short few years ago during the previous administration.

Jared

2004 TJ Unlimited (LJ)

Offline BigPrince

• Visitor
« Reply #3680 on: January 13, 2019, 01:35:44 PM »
Trump is being a child and the government shutdown should end.  There is no reason to hold innocent federal workers hostage for a symbol that he wants to build that will do nothing.  He's a fawking disgrace.

I respect your opinion John but I disagree as well. 
Couple of points -
-While Billions sound like a lot to any of us, at Government scale the administration is asking for pennies compared to the whole budget.
-Trump championed the wall and is executing on one of the pillars of his platform.  It's nuts to have a politician actually follow up on a promise...
-Takes two to tango.  This isn't just Trump holding up the spending bill.  The Dems are at fault 100% as much.  This is all about the next election and giving Trump this win would be a blow to Dems and they know it.  It has nothing else to do with anything other than that.  The dems are happy to trade a government shutdown before letting Trump have a win.

The party of financial conservatives want to waste $5b on a fence that will do absolutely nothing. Lol.

If you're a security professional with border patrol experience I'm happy to listen. The execution of the wall is being engineered by the DHS staff who this is their job.  It is arrogant and foolish of the Dems to think they know better in their 15min looking at the plans than those that are professionals. Ever been told by someone who doesn't do your job how to do your job?

« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 01:39:36 PM by BigPrince »

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3681 on: January 13, 2019, 01:42:34 PM »
This is all about the next election and giving Trump this win would be a blow to Dems and they know it.  It has nothing else to do with anything other than that.  The dems are happy to trade a government shutdown before letting Trump have a win.

Yes.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #3682 on: January 13, 2019, 02:04:18 PM »
This is all about the next election and giving Trump this win would be a blow to Dems and they know it.  It has nothing else to do with anything other than that.  The dems are happy to trade a government shutdown before letting Trump have a win.

This.

I respect everybody's opinion but I also look at the facts. 

How can anyone say walls don't work or will do nothing? Existing walls on the border have made a huge difference. Walls work everywhere.  We have a huge $150-$200 billion a year problem funding illegals and $5 bil is a no brainer.

Obstructionist that will try to Stop trump on everything regardless.  I hope he doesn't blink.
The American people support border security.  The dems were for it before Trump.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 02:05:58 PM by DOUG »

Offline TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3683 on: January 13, 2019, 03:13:23 PM »
Mexico paying for it was also part of his platform. Still waiting on that promise.

Travis Macdonald
Crossthreading is nature's locktite

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM