BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: **FOR SALE**NEW**ARTEC Dana 44 Wagoneer MODULAR Rear Truss  (Read 6022 times)

Offline ACGiddens

• Visitor
Re: **FOR SALE**NEW**ARTEC Dana 44 Wagoneer MODULAR Rear Truss
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2012, 11:03:25 PM »
From Artec's site:

http://www.artecindustries.com/Dana-44-Axle-Truss-CenteredFull-Width_p_305.html
"The Jeep TJ Rubicon Rear Dana 44 has a centered differential housing that measures approx. 15" and the axle tube diameter is 2.625 inches. Other Dana 44's will measure differently and have differing axle tube diameters. Please ensure your axle meets these dimensions prior to ordering. Can be easily modified to fit larger tube diameters. Regardless, the axle should have NO STOCK BRACKETRY for this truss to work."

http://www.artecindustries.com/Dana-44-Wagoneer-MODULAR-Rear-Truss_p_227.html
"The Jeep Wagoneer Rear Dana 44 has about 18 inches of axle tube on the driver side and about 20 inches of passenger side axle tube. The axle tube diameter is 2.75 inches. Other Dana 44's will measure differently and have differing axle tube diameters. Please ensure your axle meets these dimensions prior to ordering."

All well n good and what not but they are wrong about the tj Rubi axle. I have an 04 rubicon and the shafts are not the same length. I promise. I'm not trying to argue with you and I know you copied and paste that but I have changed and pulled them multiple times.

I dont have a TJ Rubicon so I could be wrong but I don't think it has anything to do with axle shaft length. The shaft length is going to be different from p/s to d/s because of the internals of the pumpkin; carrier, differential and such.

Measure your axle tube length and let us know. Curious  {popcorn}

I just dont think Artec would manufacture a product that they have not done research on and/or tested it.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 11:12:45 PM by ACGiddens »
Adam G
The Jeep list:
TJ stock - gone
JK stock - gone
YJ 6" 35s mostly stock - gone
XJ 6.5" LA 35s D44 - RIPieces
XJ - 6.5" LA 35s - gone
TJ - In progress

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2012, 11:11:18 PM »
From Artec's site:

http://www.artecindustries.com/Dana-44-Axle-Truss-CenteredFull-Width_p_305.html
"The Jeep TJ Rubicon Rear Dana 44 has a centered differential housing that measures approx. 15" and the axle tube diameter is 2.625 inches. Other Dana 44's will measure differently and have differing axle tube diameters. Please ensure your axle meets these dimensions prior to ordering. Can be easily modified to fit larger tube diameters. Regardless, the axle should have NO STOCK BRACKETRY for this truss to work."

http://www.artecindustries.com/Dana-44-Wagoneer-MODULAR-Rear-Truss_p_227.html
"The Jeep Wagoneer Rear Dana 44 has about 18 inches of axle tube on the driver side and about 20 inches of passenger side axle tube. The axle tube diameter is 2.75 inches. Other Dana 44's will measure differently and have differing axle tube diameters. Please ensure your axle meets these dimensions prior to ordering."

All well n good and what not but they are wrong about the tj Rubi axle. I have an 04 rubicon and the shafts are not the same length. I promise. I'm not trying to argue with you and I know you copied and paste that but I have changed and pulled them multiple times.

I dont have a TJ Rubicon so I could be wrong but I don't think it has anything to do with axle shaft length. The shaft length is going to be different from p/s to d/s because of the internals of the pumpkin; carrier, differential and such.

Measure your axle tube length and let us know. Curious  {popcorn}

It will be a few days because I don't have it with me currently. I get what you are referring to about the housing but what logic I come up with, if the shafts are different lengths then the housing would need to be off center. Otherwise the shaft would barley have any contact with the carrier therefore risking twisted splines quickly...ya know. Not saying that I know much.
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2012, 12:19:29 AM »
The passanger side is 1/2" longer on the shaft. With such little difference in shaft length the tubes might be the same but I will check.
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM