CLASSIFIEDS > Wheels & Tires

Recommend Goodyear Tires???

(1/3) > >>

tugboatcaptain:
I won a set of any Goodyear tires for my JKU and I'm not sure what to get. Currently I have 35" Terra Grabblers.  Considering Goodyear Wrangler MTR w/ Kevlar.  Anyone have these and how do you like them. MPG is a major concern because I drive my Jeep everywhere including cross country trips.  With my current tires I get 16 mpg average. I have a set of Trail Grapplers MT and lucky to get 10 mpg with those. Also considering Goodyear Durtrac AT tires. Any suggestions?

cru9:
I run the MTR kevlars in 35/12.50/17 and love them. I am on my second set. 1st set got over 45k on them and the offroad great.

DOUG:

--- Quote from: cru9 on October 04, 2012, 06:21:50 PM ---I run the MTR kevlars in 35/12.50/17 and love them. I am on my second set. 1st set got over 45k on them and the offroad great.

--- End quote ---

Same tire in 37/1250/17's.

Had 40's on previous Jeep in same tire.

Absolutely love the all around performance and durability on and off road.

Won't get great mpg's when you run large and/or heavy rubber.

Mortalis5509:
I like my MTR's but are you geared properly per the tire size. If you aren't that will bring the mileage back. I don't think my jeep would move if it got 10. My 250 does better than that.

BigJerm:
They are a very heavy tire. I have them and they are great but heavy. Check the weights of tires on a site like tire rack. Even a few lbs make a huge difference when it comes to rotational weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version