BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: GATRFEST 2012 PHOTOS and VIDEOS  (Read 13527 times)

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
Re: GATRFEST 2012 PHOTOS and VIDEOS
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2012, 02:13:34 PM »
I had a great time, even if I didn't have a rig to drive  </LMAO/>

I can't blame Kent and Ryan for buying more tickets. There was about 40 people there and plenty of loot, so the odds are good to win your money back. I think Jay (Raisenhead) only bout 5 extra tickets and he won a $1000.00 + set of tires!!

The money goes to the cost of running the forum/website and will go towards future events. We made around $450.00 for the club.

Can't wait for Windrock!!!!  {letseat}
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2012, 02:20:47 PM »
Also loved seeing all the new faces!! That's what this club is about. If someone has trouble on the trails we all get out to help - if someone has a question, they shouldn't feel stupid for asking it on the forum!

This club has done a 180 over the last year alone & I think it's a thousand times better!! Can't wait for the next ride, I hope to see more new members coming out!!  {cheers2}

Back to topic - Awesome pics!!

[attachment deleted by admin - older than 465 days]
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 02:27:13 PM by PHANTOM »
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2012, 02:28:42 PM »
 </ROCKIN/>

Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2012, 03:28:08 PM »
Here are my pics. Not many since I was drivin and spottin for most of the event. We need a GATR photographer  ;D

http://s238.beta.photobucket.com/user/krawler00/library/
I've grown tired of this.

Offline PopTop

• Visitor
  • PopTop
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2012, 04:32:19 PM »
This was my first trip with GATR and it exceeded my expectations. The park was great, the campsites were awesome, the weather was perfect, the Brunswick stew rocked, the barbeque was tasty, and the people were all very friendly and helpful. My wife and I were very impressed with the whole event and we both had a fabulous time. Thanks again to all of the people who made this happen.

Here are a few things I learned:
1.) The term "bump it" means different things to different people. When Kirk says "bump it", what he really means is "if you don't smell tire smoke, then you aren't trying hard enough".
2.) When Ben says "follow me, it’s just a forestry service road", what he really means is "I am a mountain goat, follow me at your own risk"
3.) Full size 4x4 trucks can fit in tight spaces between trees. (trees and sheet metal are flexible)
4.) 4 runner windows are cheap if you buy in bulk.
5.) My tent looks a lot like Jared’s tent (my wife sends her apologies Jared)

Seriously, we had a great time and look forward to future events. Thanks again to everyone for putting together such a great GATR Fest and for putting up with us new guys.

Here's to you  </BEER/>
Kevin

"Wonder what this button does?"

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2012, 04:48:39 PM »
This was my first trip with GATR and it exceeded my expectations. The park was great, the campsites were awesome, the weather was perfect, the Brunswick stew rocked, the barbeque was tasty, and the people were all very friendly and helpful. My wife and I were very impressed with the whole event and we both had a fabulous time. Thanks again to all of the people who made this happen.

1.) The term "bump it" means different things to different people. When Kirk says "bump it", what he really means is "if you don't smell tire smoke, then you aren't trying hard enough".
2.) When Ben says "follow me, it’s just a forestry service road", what he really means is "I am a mountain goat, follow me at your own risk"
3.) Full size 4x4 trucks can fit in tight spaces between trees. (trees and sheet metal are flexible)

Seriously, we had a great time and look forward to future events. Thanks again to everyone for putting together such a great GATR Fest and for putting up with us new guys.

Here's to you  </BEER/>

I remember that. I thought it was ok...  </LMAO/>
I've grown tired of this.

Offline ACGiddens

• Visitor
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2012, 04:49:54 PM »
 </LMAO/>

fast learner
Adam G
The Jeep list:
TJ stock - gone
JK stock - gone
YJ 6" 35s mostly stock - gone
XJ 6.5" LA 35s D44 - RIPieces
XJ - 6.5" LA 35s - gone
TJ - In progress

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2012, 04:53:42 PM »

Here's to you  </BEER/>

</LMAO/> FUNNY

Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2012, 07:23:20 PM »
Ok, well i feel bad for winning so much stuff.   :'(   i bought extra tickets cause i wanted to mainly support the club. as Danny said it was going to future events.    i even gave some of my stuff away.

i gave the 75$ away.. or my son did to .. i forget who ever he was sitting at the table with, i think it was the person who flopped/broke thier rig early?  anyway he gave it to the guys wife.. who ever it was
my son even flet like i got to much stuff..  i also gave the pistol target away sunday afternoon.  after talking with some folks and feeling like, well others would enjoy it more and. i got some nice stuff..

heck the friendships was worthing.. imo.   but the lights and the 50 posion spyder gift card as well as the other stuff was nice.  my son took a set of shirts and hats back to school., he was going to tell
everyone in TN that GA Trailriders know how to have fun.

anyway.  i think someone actually bought more than me, like 100 or more.  and they even started just telling them to re-pick.   like i said, i orginally bought them cause the money was going back to the club.
in the future, i will try and be more attune to this and stop it before it gets out of hand.,   ???

It was me that you gave the Artec gift certificate to. I do really appreciate that. I told your son thanks for doing that. I will use it for a truss on my rig when I redo the suspension so.
I broke the front drive shaft. I think the bolts came loose and broke the other two because of it
The yoke was tweaked a little so I couldn't get it to go back together. I will have another one tomorrow or wednesday. Thanks again.
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline jc79

• Visitor
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2012, 07:49:07 PM »

No comment.  Wait... maybe.... Nope, still no comment!

Nice job giving the JK a workout, Kevin. Looking forward to seeing it in action again soon.
Jared

2004 TJ Unlimited (LJ)

Offline RD Slyter

• Visitor
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2012, 08:55:21 PM »
Ok, well i feel bad for winning so much stuff.   :'(   i bought extra tickets cause i wanted to mainly support the club. as Danny said it was going to future events.    i even gave some of my stuff away.

i gave the 75$ away.. or my son did to .. i forget who ever he was sitting at the table with, i think it was the person who flopped/broke thier rig early?  anyway he gave it to the guys wife.. who ever it was
my son even flet like i got to much stuff..  i also gave the pistol target away sunday afternoon.  after talking with some folks and feeling like, well others would enjoy it more and. i got some nice stuff..

heck the friendships was worthing.. imo.   but the lights and the 50 posion spyder gift card as well as the other stuff was nice.  my son took a set of shirts and hats back to school., he was going to tell
everyone in TN that GA Trailriders know how to have fun.

anyway.  i think someone actually bought more than me, like 100 or more.  and they even started just telling them to re-pick.   like i said, i orginally bought them cause the money was going back to the club.
in the future, i will try and be more attune to this and stop it before it gets out of hand.,   ???

Kent, I'm with you bro. The real thing was I wanted to make sure the club walked away big. Because that's what it's really all about. I can't believe 450.00 for the Club! That's just awesome!!
Ryan and Dawn Slyter; Grafenwhere Germany

Offline RD Slyter

• Visitor
« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2012, 09:10:39 PM »
I agree about the money going for a future event. Like the
Helen and hot dogs the club put on with no cost to members.
As we also have learned you can raise a question and try to
have a sensible discussion on things. It just seemed in past
years more people won things and not quite as much this
time. That's why I ask should it be something to consider?
If everyone was fine with it then that's cool.
It is nice to have an open avenues of discussion.

I do as well kinda started feeling bad for constently getting my #'s pulled. That's why I kept asking for a re-draw. I really hope no one has any hard feelings about all that. It was NOT my intent to walk away with everything there at all. Seriously. Again, my intent was to give back to the club. It is one I am DAMN proud to say I'm part of too.
I do agree with the idea of spreading out the items kinda like the tires vs. everything else. Could probably do the same for everything. Or at least for the bigger, more saught after items anyway. I'm down with that, and would be glad to help get it set up for the next time.
Ryan and Dawn Slyter; Grafenwhere Germany

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM