BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Gulches GATRFest Carnage Report  (Read 8844 times)

Offline Uncle Randy

• Visitor
  • Cherish every minute
Re: Gulches GATRFest Carnage Report
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2012, 11:56:19 AM »
I pulled off my tranny skid MOnday to get a closer look at the 4wd shifter linkage and try to find leak problem. I either tore up my tranny mount or it was already broken. (#*&*#*#-dumbass). So is the Daystar Poly Mount a good mount replacement? I saw on net that OEM is not too good.

http://www.rustysoffroad.com/daystar-polyurethane-transmission-mount-97-05-jeep-tj.html

thanks for the advice. -Randy
Randy
'06TJ
Treekiller

Offline BlueJew

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2012, 01:26:05 PM »
I pulled off my tranny skid MOnday to get a closer look at the 4wd shifter linkage and try to find leak problem. I either tore up my tranny mount or it was already broken. (#*&*#*#-dumbass). So is the Daystar Poly Mount a good mount replacement? I saw on net that OEM is not too good.

http://www.rustysoffroad.com/daystar-polyurethane-transmission-mount-97-05-jeep-tj.html

thanks for the advice. -Randy

Hey Randy,

The stock mount is fine...you want a little give down there and the poly mount (IMHO) is too stiff for the drive train if you still have the rubber engine mounts.  You either do the entire drive line poly (i had this on my previous wrangler and i hated it... transferred too much vibration to the frame and in turn into the body for my taste) or leave it with the stock rubber.  Have you ever replaced the mount?  I noticed mine was busted (ripped in half) and replaced it with the stock one and it performs fine.
Blue Wes

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2012, 02:34:10 PM »
Replace with rubber. Cheap, easy to replace, you will get plenty of miles from it, and it will be more comfortable.

Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2012, 03:02:08 PM »
Randy, told you oem was way to go. ;)
I've grown tired of this.

Offline Uncle Randy

• Visitor
  • Cherish every minute
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2012, 04:04:51 PM »
Randy, told you oem was way to go. ;)

Well, I reckon you did, but I'm old and I may have forgot. It's bad when you get to the age you need to write everything down! sorry. and thanks.
Randy
'06TJ
Treekiller

BigJerm

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2012, 06:17:54 PM »
You could always go with a low pro mount from UCF but if you don't need it no real point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2012, 07:35:28 PM »
Already tried to get him to do a belly up. No go.
I've grown tired of this.

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2012, 08:43:16 PM »

A shame, the belly up mod in the TJ/LJ is one of the best. Makes a huge difference on the rocks.

Offline Uncle Randy

• Visitor
  • Cherish every minute
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2012, 09:37:01 PM »

A shame, the belly up mod in the TJ/LJ is one of the best. Makes a huge difference on the rocks.

I just can't do a belly up right now. $$$ First I have to fix the 4wd shifter linkage, and the leak. Not sure exactly where the leak is yet. If I have any change from the 100 after the necessary repairs, I will get a belly up. LOL. I picked up the new tranny mount today. $35.
Randy
'06TJ
Treekiller

BigJerm

« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2012, 10:45:52 PM »
Randy you can always go cheap like I did and do the no lift belly skid from UCF. It gave me another 1.25" of clearance, don't need an SYE, new shaft or MML. I already had a body lift and motor mount lift though. 1 day I will go back do it all right and get a flat skid. But for now I gain another inch of clearance, I have a flat surface skid that slides easier and wont bend up like the stock 1 did

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2012, 12:34:44 AM »
His belly is covered by the RC long arm cross members.

Offline RedDragonATL

• GATR STAFF
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2012, 08:34:37 AM »
Slowly getting some replacement parts for the Runner. All of these are from salvage places. Fender $125 (flare wrong color), Driver's door $100 (some a- hole CUT the wiring for the window controls instead of just unplugging it, so now I get to solder 18 wires or so, or swap harnesses from my old door (door is silver, gotta get it painted), 2 rear locating arms, 1 as a spare. $30 each. Rear quarter glass $75, gotta put it in. No luck finding a black rear door close by yet. But, at least it opens properly and doesn't leak.

And, I decided to get new front axles from NAPA, as I've read good things about them. $100 each. They should be here Tuesday.
Jason

I'd like to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

2001 Jeep TJ, Cooper STT Pro 35s, 4.56s, D30 Spartan front, D44 ARB rear,Fender armor, sliders

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM