BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Aetna 4/6  (Read 535 times)

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Re: Aetna 4/6
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2019, 08:47:52 AM »
I'd love to go but bad timing.
Is there a place for folks who tow?

Yes. The AMA lease has two parking locations. If you're with a member that has a premium membership with parking you can park there. We have that membership. I did what Kevin Did for years...It works just as well and its free. Downside is you'll have to have someone guide you up that side of the mountain if you don't know it.

When we parked at Walmart 10 years ago we went it thru a small group of homes that has been closing off the road for years now.  Is there another way in from that side?

Offline TrevorG

• Visitor
Re: Aetna 4/6
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2019, 09:55:52 AM »
I'd love to go but bad timing.
Is there a place for folks who tow?

Yes. The AMA lease has two parking locations. If you're with a member that has a premium membership with parking you can park there. We have that membership. I did what Kevin Did for years...It works just as well and its free. Downside is you'll have to have someone guide you up that side of the mountain if you don't know it.

When we parked at Walmart 10 years ago we went it thru a small group of homes that has been closing off the road for years now.  Is there another way in from that side?

One of the AMA entrances is on that side of the mountain. This is the side that we will be using. The group of homes you went through is the Black Creek subdivision. They attempted to have access blocked to Aetna Mtn Rd which runs through their subdivision but have failed. Aetna Mtn Rd is a public road and it is perfectly legal to access the mountain that way. The public road runs all the way past the Peanut Butter Hole. The road is paved until about 100 yards before the trail head. They have been required to leave it open for public access because it is public land.
Trevor
18 JKU
8? Yota

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM