BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: 07-15 JKU Soft Top for sale  (Read 6116 times)

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
Re: 07-15 JKU Soft Top for sale
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2016, 09:00:11 AM »
We are bound to have a warm day soon where someone realizes they want a soft top so they can easily go topless.

I'll edit the first post when it's sold, proceed with free junk posts.
Jay

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2016, 10:10:46 AM »
I do NOT get the LJ thing... whay are you guys soooo in love with that over a comp cut TJ like Danny's?  or a bad JKU?Cult thing?  It's  a little longer TJ...  Larry (Spyder) built, now has the baddest LJ I've ever seen... stretched it to JKU lol on 42 BFG stickys (yes few sets are out there ), it's cool.

Takes a lot more to build a TJ than a JK, but I see the TJ/LJ is narrower body and I LOVE that.  Yeah, I'd like like to have one.  I said it, but the oooozzing from @tcdawg geesh //LMAO//

I really trashed it now, sorry Jay.  IS this really a top for sell thread?  Nobody buys soft tops on GATR.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 10:11:08 AM by Doug »

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
07-15 JKU Soft Top for sale
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2016, 10:20:58 AM »
Yup, this really is a top for sale thread. Somebody is going to buy it, just not the best time of the year to sell a soft top.

I get the LJ thing, but I'm staying the course with my JKU. Seems like you are selling off some stuff, what's the plan Doug?  Someone here needs to comp cut/stretch a 2dr JK, coil overs, and LS.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 10:28:39 AM by Raisinhead »
Jay

Offline jc79

• Visitor
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2016, 10:27:37 AM »
Doug stirring the pot!

Longer TJ means room for a back seat and some gear (cooler, toolbox, camping).  Or amp/sub and some gear!

Longer wheelbase means you don't have to comp cut. I personally didn't want comp cut.  It was important to maintain full corners.

Starting point rig should cost less than a JK (maybe not anymore?).

4.0 vs 3.8

TJ aftermarket stuff vs JK. Everyone's gonna have their preference.

And oh yeah, it's an LJ!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jared

2004 TJ Unlimited (LJ)

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
07-15 JKU Soft Top for sale
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2016, 10:42:34 AM »
Doug stirring the pot!

Longer TJ means room for a back seat and some gear (cooler, toolbox, camping).  Or amp/sub and some gear!

Longer wheelbase means you don't have to comp cut. I personally didn't want comp cut.  It was important to maintain full corners.

Starting point rig should cost less than a JK (maybe not anymore?).

4.0 vs 3.8

TJ aftermarket stuff vs JK. Everyone's gonna have their preference.

And oh yeah, it's an LJ!

Longer wheel base also means you don't have to go fuel cell too :)

Bump for a good seller
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 08:26:37 PM by tcdawg »

Offline jc79

• Visitor
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2016, 10:53:03 AM »
Seller?

Jared

2004 TJ Unlimited (LJ)

Online jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2016, 01:15:20 PM »

I do NOT get the LJ thing... whay are you guys soooo in love with that over a comp cut TJ like Danny's?  or a bad JKU?Cult thing?  It's  a little longer TJ...  Larry (Spyder) built, now has the baddest LJ I've ever seen... stretched it to JKU lol on 42 BFG stickys (yes few sets are out there ), it's cool.

Takes a lot more to build a TJ than a JK, but I see the TJ/LJ is narrower body and I LOVE that.  Yeah, I'd like like to have one.  I said it, but the oooozzing from @tcdawg geesh //LMAO//

I really trashed it now, sorry Jay.  IS this really a top for sell thread?  Nobody buys soft tops on GATR.

In addition to everything mentioned, for me it's also about the relative simplicity of the TJ/LJ. Less electronics and the 4.0 is a great engine.

That being said, the current prices I see out there for LJ's would lead me to a JKU with the 3.6. My main goal for a second rig would be forest service rides/overland style.  Certainly falls in the category of "nice to have" vs "need to have".
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2016, 01:17:33 PM »

In addition to everything mentioned, for me it's also about the relative simplicity of the TJ/LJ. Less electronics and the 4.0 is a great engine.

That being said, the current prices I see out there for LJ's would lead me to a JKU with the 3.6. My main goal for a second rig would be forest service rides/overland style.  Certainly falls in the category of "nice to have" vs "need to have".

Unlike this top, which is a "need to have"

#shamelessplug
Jay

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2016, 07:29:47 PM »
For me it is the following, but keep in mind I'll keep the TJ pretty much at current build level:

LJ vs TJ for overlanding (pro LJ):
- Interior space

LJ vs JKU for overlanding (pro LJ):
- Starting price (I'll find a deal like Jared)
- vehicle weight
- 4.0 vs 3.8 (price gets worse if you want to go to the 3.6, almost to the point where buying new is justified)
- vehicle width

The JKU has a bunch of benefits...interior space, easier entry, aftermarket parts selection, and double din radio opening.

I'm not a interested in having a fuel cell in any vehicle.

- Torg

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2016, 10:43:02 AM »
Bump $450
Jay

Offline Raisinhead