BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: New To Area, Looking for Weekend Wheelin trails in the North Georgia Area  (Read 5022 times)

Cajun Crawler

Hey Folks,
   My wife and I are new to the area, and dont know where and if any trails that are legal to go on are available in N.Georgia.
We live in Woodstock, and since I  never wheel alone, the Rubicon, has been kinda stuck in the driveway. So.. I'd like to ask that if anyone goes Wheelin around where I live, around Woodstock or N.Georgia to please give me a call if your looking for another Rig to join you.. I do understand that no organized rides are to take place when a Club Ride has been scheduled, .. 
  Thanks and keep it right side up!  ... Dwayne..  225-315-9553

Online Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
Glad to have you. A few of us live in and around Woodstock. You should join us on a scheduled ride at a park. Usually they are a couple hours out, but well worth it.

Also, I assumed by the name that you were from my old neck of the woods. Then saw the number and am sure you are from there. Parents live on the northshore, I went to school at UL, and worked in BR.
Jay

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
Welcome! Post  a picture of your Jeep
Bobby

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
I'm in Woodstock!!!
No trails super close but our monthly trail rides are worth the trip for sure. 

Cajun Crawler

Thanks for the responses.. Yeap, we intend to join a weekend ride at a ORV park, just not sure when we can get away for the entire weekend . Cool to hear from another Jeeper who's got a Louisiana connection and parents live on  the North Shore (Lake Pontchartrain) . I lived in Prairieville near Baton Rouge and worked in Metairie right at the foot of the Causeway bridge.  Also lived 12 years in NW Arkansas where my work took me and that's when i got bitten by the Jeep Bug. Started Building CJ 5's ,7's , XJ, TJ's and now JK's and Crawled up most every mountain in the Quachita's and Ozarks as well as Disney Trails in Oklahoma. As I mentioned , just looking to hook up on a all day ride locally in N.Georgia every now and then..   
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 09:22:03 PM by Cajun Crawler »

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
New To Area, Looking for Weekend Wheelin trails in the North Georgia Area
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 09:26:29 PM »
I think we need to schedule a 2016 GaTR trip to Disney... Place looks aweet

Where are you in Woodstock?  Woodlands by chance?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 09:27:36 PM by tcdawg »

Cajun Crawler

I'm off of Exit 9 in Brookshire , and yes, Disney has it all, for Extreme Rock Crawlers and beginner as well and intermediate trails. I still own a house in Bella Vista Arkansas, so I'm game for Disney anytime..   :-)   Attached a couple of Disney Pics
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 09:42:49 PM by Cajun Crawler »

Offline BeerIAm

• Visitor
Thanks for the responses.. Yeap, we intend to join a weekend ride at a ORV park, just not sure when we can get away for the entire weekend . Cool to hear from another Jeeper who's got a Louisiana connection and parents live on  the North Shore (Lake Pontchartrain) . I lived in Prairieville near Baton Rouge and worked in Metairie right at the foot of the Causeway bridge.  Also lived 12 years in NW Arkansas where my work took me and that's when i got bitten by the Jeep Bug. Started Building CJ 5's ,7's , XJ, TJ's and now JK's and Crawled up most every mountain in the Quachita's and Ozarks as well as Disney Trails in Oklahoma. As I mentioned , just looking to hook up on a all day ride locally in N.Georgia every now and then..   

Welcome!  Nice looking Jeep.  Which bumper is that?
Dan
2013 JKU

Cajun Crawler

thanks, bumper is Rugged Ridge XHD modular

Online Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
Disney looks awesome!  How well do you guys think it will go if I tell my wife and kids in taking them to Disney??  Surprise..Disney, OK!!!
Jay

Offline Jeepster1407

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
haha great idea!
Most LCOG Builds are like a fat girl in Yoga Pants, just cause it fits doesn't mean it works...

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Jay, that's funny!

- Torg

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM