BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Any guesses on traffic ticket fines in Cobb Co?  (Read 425 times)

Offline mzmtg

• Visitor
Any guesses on traffic ticket fines in Cobb Co?
« on: December 17, 2012, 03:45:46 PM »
I got two tickets a couple of weeks ago. (The story of the traffic stop deserves a post of its own, it started to get interesting right after he asked me if I had any weapons in the car) One was for having a brake light out and the other was for having a license plate frame obscuring part of my license plate.

I called the court today and they said I have to show up.

Does Cobb Co do "fix it" tickets? (Both problems have been fixed) Anyone have any idea what kind of fines I'm looking at?

Online tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
Re: Any guesses on traffic ticket fines in Cobb Co?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 05:21:12 PM »
Did you ask why you had to show up for those two menial tickets?  That's just weird, what a waste of court time.

Cobb can be expensive for speeding but I have no idea on those tickets you received.

Offline frenchlayer

• Visitor
  • Josh
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 06:14:48 PM »
I was pulled over for the tag obstruction once but got only a warning. Every encounter with a Cobb county cop has made me realize they have zero sense of humor. And I was friends with a few. Show up with proof you fixed the issues immediately and they might be thrown out.
Josh and Solenn (Frenchy)

Offline mrmike1964

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 06:55:04 PM »
You know I got pulled over coming out of Dawson forest some time back for mud obstructing my plate. I said really and asked Matt who was around 11 years old at the time.To come here. He got out of the jeep came to the back and I asked him could he see that plate and he said ya why can't you to the cop. I just fell out laughing and the cop did to! Gave me a warning. </LMAO/>
Mike

BigJerm

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 08:15:20 PM »
Yeah don't break the law in Cobb. The PD does a great job keeping us busy at the jail. If you knew you had a brake light out and part of your tag was obstructed then fix it. I won't bash PD or stick up for them in this post, but I have a lot of respect for anyone who puts their life out there to protect others for the shitty pay and benefits we get as county gov workers. They just gave us a 3% raise but reduced retirement 2.5% on the hush... only the raise part made the news. But that's another time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline prjohnson

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 10:00:12 AM »
Yeah don't break the law in Cobb. The PD does a great job keeping us busy at the jail. If you knew you had a brake light out and part of your tag was obstructed then fix it. I won't bash PD or stick up for them in this post, but I have a lot of respect for anyone who puts their life out there to protect others for the shitty pay and benefits we get as county gov workers. They just gave us a 3% raise but reduced retirement 2.5% on the hush... only the raise part made the news. But that's another time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You work at the Jail? Do you know Steven Miller? I use to work with him a few years ago.
Perry

Online tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2012, 10:20:53 AM »
OP,
Let us know how this comes out.  Interested in the fine amount and why these tickets required you to show up in court rather than just paying the fine.  That part just doesn't make sense.

Offline mzmtg

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 10:25:57 AM »
Both charges dismissed  ;D

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2013, 10:45:05 AM »

Thats good!
Jay

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2013, 11:00:30 AM »
Good news.  Why did he dismiss them?

Offline mzmtg

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2013, 11:03:33 AM »
Good news.  Why did he dismiss them?

I showed the prosecutor that I had fixed the two equipment issues as soon as I was able.  I had the receipt for new brake light bulbs and a picture of my truck with no more license plate frame.

Offline cudruln

• Visitor
Re: Re: Re: Any guesses on traffic ticket fines in Cobb Co?
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2013, 11:30:11 AM »
Nice. Glad they worked with you

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Alex

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM