BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: June 8 Weekend at Beasley Knob CANCELLED DUE TO WEATHER CLOSING  (Read 2587 times)

Offline mjodie

• Visitor
Would rather do the group ride referenced above but since I cannot...will be arriving Friday June 7 and departing Sunday June 9, have one other family attending so far but open to all.  Reply up if interested!

Staying at this campground, it's very nice and only about 15-20 minutes away from trails:
http://www.georgiamountainfairgrounds.com/campgrounds.php

My cellphone (678) 525-5555 - Mike
I'll be on CB channel 7 also.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 08:13:21 PM by Doug »

Offline Jk_Crawler

• Visitor
I may be able to make it, gotta check with the wife and my wallet to make sure I got enough disposable income for the weekend.

Offline ATLSRT8

• Visitor
I have that weekend off, might be able to make it

Offline murphbobby

• Visitor
    • Real Estate Site
Me and the wife may come up and go for a ride. My rig is still stock other than the 4 inch lift that is being installed right now. Still has stock wheels and tires. Will it be ok on this ride? What time you heading up Saturday morning.
Thanks,
Bobby Murphy
Bobby Murphy
Associate Broker
Carrington Real Estate Services
404-580-3874  murphbobby@yahoo.com

Offline RedDragonATL

• GATR STAFF
Me and the wife may come up and go for a ride. My rig is still stock other than the 4 inch lift that is being installed right now. Still has stock wheels and tires. Will it be ok on this ride? What time you heading up Saturday morning.
Thanks,
Bobby Murphy

Unless it's really dry, stock tires could be a problem.  The whole trail system is slick clay that is shaded by the forest, so it doesn't dry out well.  Do you have  a winch?  It's been pretty dry lately, but even one day of rain can mess that place up for a week or more.
Jason

I'd like to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

2001 Jeep TJ, Cooper STT Pro 35s, 4.56s, D30 Spartan front, D44 ARB rear,Fender armor, sliders

Offline mjodie

• Visitor
From my understanding there are plenty of areas with a mild trail rating.  I do have a winch and a fairly built-up rig so getting out of jams shouldn't be too challenging, especially with the other folks going.  I have no plans on getting stuck so if a trail looks too iffy I'll gladly be skipping it.

I'm going up Friday afternoon, scope out some trails Friday early evening (before sunset) and plan on hitting trails sometime in the late morning of Saturday (maybe 10AM?).  I encourage you to come up and enjoy the day with us even if we don't get all crazy like some of these gents do ;)

Offline kvom

• Visitor
  • Kirk
Main trails at Beasely form a long loop, so the only optional parts are the short cut throughs.  On the main trail loop the difficulty is fairly consistent.  Only 93B is considered a difficult trail, mainly because of a rocky ledge and a big tree root.
00 TJ  stuff
02 F250 CC LB 7.3 tow pig
18 Honda CRV
12 Chrysler 200 - Wife's car

Offline Jk_Crawler

• Visitor
Looks like all this rain is going to possibly cancel this trip for me, if it keeps raining Beasley may not even open the gates... I swear every time I plan on going to Beasley it friggin rains! :'(

If they do open up have fun to those that go, I'm not gonna waste the gas since my MT Baja ATZ's are worthless in the mud and not having a winch makes it even worse.

Offline 94xjsport94

• Visitor
  • Cherocar
Ugh I wanna go but I have to work! Didn't see this soon enough
Will

94 seXj

Offline LR Max

• Visitor
I was just at Beasley. Went in a 73 Land Rover with decade old mud tires, 80hp, and a rear locker.

There is a phone number on the website. Its an automated number so feel free to call it whenever you want. I checked and they close it often due to rain. Rightfully so as that place has some pretty severe elevation changes. If its dry it isn't a problem but once it gets wet, its pretty much impossible. Because of this, they close it often. Tried going three times this year, 2 weeks ago was the first chance I could make it.

I actually went one time when it was wet. Oh jeez that was a cluster.

Judging from the moisture here in Kennesaw, definitely keep checking up on its availability. Making a 45 second phone call from your comfortable home is easier than driving up there to find a locked gate.

Overall, I had a ton of fun but yeah, 93B is a pain for anything unlocked and not on 35s. Heck the ATV couldn't make it up there on its own. I ended up having to ride the winch cable up it. Avoid that trail and you should be fine.

Offline mjodie

• Visitor
I was just at Beasley. Went in a 73 Land Rover with decade old mud tires, 80hp, and a rear locker.

There is a phone number on the website. Its an automated number so feel free to call it whenever you want. I checked and they close it often due to rain. Rightfully so as that place has some pretty severe elevation changes. If its dry it isn't a problem but once it gets wet, its pretty much impossible. Because of this, they close it often. Tried going three times this year, 2 weeks ago was the first chance I could make it.

I actually went one time when it was wet. Oh jeez that was a cluster.

Judging from the moisture here in Kennesaw, definitely keep checking up on its availability. Making a 45 second phone call from your comfortable home is easier than driving up there to find a locked gate.

Overall, I had a ton of fun but yeah, 93B is a pain for anything unlocked and not on 35s. Heck the ATV couldn't make it up there on its own. I ended up having to ride the winch cable up it. Avoid that trail and you should be fine.

Thanks for the info.  We've got a campsite and boat so going regardless but won't waste my time in the mud if it's that bad as you say.  Which is a bummer because I've missed out on a couple other trips due to rain up there also.  And since it's been raining up there already I'm gonna venture to say hitting any trails is out at this point.

Offline 94xjsport94

• Visitor
  • Cherocar
Which trails did you ride?
Will

94 seXj

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM