BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Smart Phones - what do you have?  (Read 1181 times)

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
Smart Phones - what do you have?
« on: August 17, 2013, 09:19:12 PM »
I know there was a thread about this a while back, but couldn't find it on my phone. I figured the technology continuously changes, so it can't hurt to have a newer thread anyway.

I am still running with the iPhone. Been hooked on apple since they came out. I think I am ready to finally try something else. (samsung galaxy s4 active)

What do you have and how do you like it?
Jay

Offline 06blktj

• Visitor
Re: Smart Phones - what do you have?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 09:25:17 PM »
I have the IPhone also but my wife has the Samsung and really seems to like it too. I think when I'm up for an upgrade ill get the Samsung just for a change of pace.

Offline ranier1315

• Visitor
    • Flameshots Photography
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 09:35:49 PM »
funny this topic came up now. I currently have an Iphone and it will be the last one. My wife put a dispute on our charges because she didn't think I would buy a $5.00 app. Long story short she withdrew the dispute but Apple in their infinite wisdom disabled my ID and will now not allow me to update my apps, buy any more apps or basically anything with my phone. Multiple calls to Apple have ended with no resolution. I just hung up on a non-English speaking call taker. She was so arrogant that when I told her "I cannot understand what you're saying" she YELLED AT ME!!! I asked to speak to her supervisor to which she said "that's not possible until I ......." the rest of what she was saying I couldn't understand. I said are we seriously going to talk in circles? Before my blood pressure went too high I just hung up. I am selling it tomorrow and buying a Galaxy S4 active at ATT. I would really like to move to Verizon but I need the S4 active and Verizon doesn't offer it yet.

Thanks for letting me vent.
Marc, Tracy, Jordan, and Tyler Allen

"Some women are like scooters, you have fun ridding them, you just wouldn't want your buddies to see you ridding them......" - A very wise man.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Re: Re: Smart Phones - what do you have?
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 10:02:36 PM »
Note2 here.
Almost a year.  Lov it.
Droid is the way....

Sent off camber

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2013, 10:52:40 PM »
Yeah, I haven't had any major issues with the apple stuff, just a little annoyed that I am stuck on the S versions and never get the new ones on my upgrades. And they haven't really done anything that innovative in a long time.

Android stuff work well with business applications? I use my phone for work all day.

I am 99% sure I will make the switch.
Jay

Offline ACGiddens

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2013, 11:33:39 PM »
Better for work if you use windows.

I have the Galaxy S4. I have had every iPhone except the 5 and this phone had made me a believer in Android.

Best phone I've had.

Adam G
The Jeep list:
TJ stock - gone
JK stock - gone
YJ 6" 35s mostly stock - gone
XJ 6.5" LA 35s D44 - RIPieces
XJ - 6.5" LA 35s - gone
TJ - In progress

Fumbles

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2013, 11:41:36 PM »
Note 2... battery life is amazing for such a huge phone!! I can go allll day long without a charge and thats with playing online...

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2013, 11:53:46 PM »
Yeah, I am excited about the battery life. The Note2 is just too big.

I use outlook, but on a macair for work. Should still be fine I think.

All of these comments are making the choice seem easier. Havent had anyone say they were upset about the switch.
Jay

Offline Oscar_Mike 2013

• Oscar Mike OG
  • Visitor
  • We might be friends, but I will still correct you!
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2013, 12:23:53 AM »
Has anyone seen what the iOS7 is coming with this fall?  I have an iPhone 5 and will continue with Apple. I just don't think Android will ever compare to the IOS from Apple.
So new to this that I don't even know what to ask!!!!
Richard Russell

Offline RD Slyter

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2013, 07:59:50 AM »
GzOne Commando II. For what I do, and how ruff I am with things, it is by far the best thing out there. It's water resistant shock resistant, and very relyable. To give an example, I had left my first one, (GzOne commando I) on the hood of my jeep one day, right in a spot where I couldn't see it and took off down the highway. It finally flew off at 55 mph and took a big tumble. I stopped and spun around to recover what I thought was left of it, only to find it ringing with an incoming call from Dawn. The outside got a little scratched up but other than that it was perfectly fine. The screen didn't even crack. Bat life isn't too bad. I can go pretty much all day using it almost constantly before needing to charge it. If I use it only here and there, I can got for about 2 days.
Another thing I do kinda like about it is its unique "outdoorsy" features it comes with. As it's geared toward people who like to get out. There are a few apps one can find that kinda sorta do something similar, but aren't quite as reliable.

http://www.casiogzone.com/us/4glte/
Ryan and Dawn Slyter; Grafenwhere Germany

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2013, 08:21:40 AM »
I  have  the  Galaxy s3  on Verizon.  I  have  only had BlackBerry  prior to this phone.   the size is a bit too big for my liking,  but I just live with it since the phone is so damn good.   my favorite feature is  Swyping  to type rather than actual typing.   it is amazing how it can get your words correct a 95% off the time.   speech to text is nice too.  I  have to charge it every night or it will die the next day. 
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

BigJerm

Re: Re: Smart Phones - what do you have?
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2013, 10:10:12 AM »
I had an iphone from the start till the 4. The wife and I switched to the S3. The only things I miss or dont like is lack of a facetime style app, strange battery life and the speaker is on the back of the phone. Otherwise I think the s3 is supperior in every way.

The battery life I have to talk about. Some days I can use it, listen to pandora and still have battery end of day. Some days I can be out and about, barely use it, and it be dead by 3pm. Also mine is quirky about GPS. If I go somewhere (like work) where I lose all cell/gps signal I will have to restart my phone before I can use gps. My wifes s3 doesnt do that

Sent from S3

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM