BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Need opinions on a few products ill be most likely buying in a month or so  (Read 1433 times)

Offline OscarMike2.0

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
I havent purchased these parts yet but wanted to know if anyone had any thoughts on them

-RCV Ultimate Jeep JK Dana 30 CV Axles
-Dana 44 JK Rear Chromoly Axle Kit -Non Rubicon (10-Year Warranty)
-Synergy MFG Jeep JK Heavy Duty Front Ball Joint Complete Set (Driver and Passenger)
-Artec Industries JK Front Axle ARMOR KIT
-Artec Industries JK Rear Axle Truss
-Riddler Differential Cover D30
-Riddler Differential Cover D44
-Raceline RT231 Monster Premium Cast Aluminum Beadlock Wheel
-Toyo 37x13.50R17LT, Open Country M/T
-Will   

They hate us cause the anus

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
I havent purchased these parts yet but wanted to know if anyone had any thoughts on them

-RCV Ultimate Jeep JK Dana 30 CV Axles
-Dana 44 JK Rear Chromoly Axle Kit -Non Rubicon (10-Year Warranty)
-Synergy MFG Jeep JK Heavy Duty Front Ball Joint Complete Set (Driver and Passenger)
-Artec Industries JK Front Axle ARMOR KIT
-Artec Industries JK Rear Axle Truss
-Riddler Differential Cover D30
-Riddler Differential Cover D44
-Raceline RT231 Monster Premium Cast Aluminum Beadlock Wheel
-Toyo 37x13.50R17LT, Open Country M/T

1. Love the RCV's, run them in a D30 and D60
2. Go with a big name rear shaft so that if something happens will be easy to exchange them
3. Whats wrong with the factory? Reason they need to be changed? Spicer is fine IF they need to changed out.
4. Anything from Artec is good
5. Some of the aftermarket diff covers have clearance issue with the track bars. Do the research to see if those are an issue.
6. Raceline, they are one of my sponsors so good stuff
7. Tires, I like the nitto trail grapplers over those. Very similar design and I wanna say the nitto may be lighter.
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Online Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
When running the RCV's in the Dana 30, what is the weak link? The ring gear? Driveshaft?

Offline OscarMike2.0

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
I was under the idea that factory ball joints sucked am I wrong? And the rear axle shafts are by Ten I must have forgotten to mention that.
-Will   

Offline 94xjsport94

• Visitor
  • Cherocar
When running the RCV's in the Dana 30, what is the weak link? The ring gear? Driveshaft?

Ring gear via carrier and housing deflection. I think RCV's in a 30 is plain silly, IMO.
Will

94 seXj

Online Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
That would be some expensive polish. LOL.

Offline OscarMike2.0

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
What do you guys recommend then I want to strengthen my axles or possibly just buy a new front one.  Thoughts?
-Will   

Offline 94xjsport94

• Visitor
  • Cherocar
Everything else with some chromos and u joints. You could consider all money and labor spent on all this compared to buying a 44 or 60 already built.
Will

94 seXj

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re:
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2014, 08:48:05 PM »
You have likely stumbled into a religious discussion...everyone is correct in their own mind.

If you don't go with rcv, then a quality brand of chromoly axles.  That will allow you to keep your factory axle shafts as spares, if you do not change the spline counts.

You may consider adding C supports to the d30 if they aren't included in the two Artec things you are planning to buy.  I have an Artec truss on one of my axles...they are very nice.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Online Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Sleeves or a truss.

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER

Ring gear via carrier and housing deflection. I think RCV's in a 30 is plain silly, IMO.

I don't think so, IMO. There is less bind when a front locker is engaged so therefore it's easier to turn. When it breaks, they won't take your ball joint out. I have given pure hell to mine. I will pick the front end of the jeep up with one 37" stickie tire and away they turn. U joint is stressed when it hard over and easier to break especially if it hits an undercut.
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Online tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
Need opinions on a few products ill be most likely buying in a month or so
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2014, 09:14:35 PM »
I was under the idea that factory ball joints sucked am I wrong? And the rear axle shafts are by Ten I must have forgotten to mention that.

Ten Factory, good chromoly axles. They will warranty bent rear flanges...keep your receipt, if you go with that big Toyo you'll bend one eventually.

Artec trusses are super nice. Just make sure you use someone that knows what they are doing for the weld in install, a bad welder can bend your axles and end up doing more harm than good.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM