BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: In case you missed it!  (Read 1232 times)

Offline 94xjsport94

• Visitor
  • Cherocar
Re: In case you missed it!
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2014, 01:16:57 AM »
Not in the stock location. Just lay it flat in the back hatch area and strap it down. Or build a rear tire carrier. Moving the rear seat forward in an XJ would take some serious fab work to Re arrange all the bracketry and mounting points.
Will

94 seXj

Offline ltprice

• Visitor
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2014, 08:42:50 AM »
So in regards to previous comments on this thread about the H2 and center of gravity etc...I have a K5 blazer...nothing special...stock suspension and 32's...Do any of yall guys who have been to Bell Mountain recently think I will have any problems as far as my center of gravity goes and etc...  Wednesday will be my first time going to Bell Mountain and I really want to be able to make it to the top.  Any advice from more experienced drivers will be appreciated.

Offline kvom

• Visitor
  • Kirk
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2014, 08:55:23 AM »
Guess my tire will be coming off my roof rack. Any ideas how to get a 33" tire to fit in the back of an XJ using the same mounting spot as the original spare? I wonder if it is possible to move the rear seat up some?

At a park just leave the tire back at camp.  You can get by with a smaller spare for road use.
00 TJ  stuff
02 F250 CC LB 7.3 tow pig
18 Honda CRV
12 Chrysler 200 - Wife's car

Offline jgerhard

• Visitor
  • Grind Fresh Daily
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2014, 11:13:52 AM »
So in regards to previous comments on this thread about the H2 and center of gravity etc...I have a K5 blazer...nothing special...stock suspension and 32's...Do any of yall guys who have been to Bell Mountain recently think I will have any problems as far as my center of gravity goes and etc...  Wednesday will be my first time going to Bell Mountain and I really want to be able to make it to the top.  Any advice from more experienced drivers will be appreciated.
Been up it twice do you have lockers?  If not and its at all slick I would stay away unless someone else is in front that may be able to pull you.  First time I went, no lockers, wet, sketchy, second I had front and rear locked and I was in control.  If you are willing to get the paint dirty you can get into the v ditch and get out fine going up.  Not sure about your vehicle for me the tires were on the mud wall so I had plenty of room.  Last winter the bypass was actually harder than the V ditch.  In my opinion going back down was a bit scarier at my level of driving -  I stayed on the highside of the v ditch and my front axle was drooped into the ditch some.  Not sure how much flex you have.

Make sure you go with someone, and with all the rain I'd expect slick mud in all the wrong places.
Jonathan, Wendy, Avery Lee, Brann

2011 JKU
2001 XJ

Offline ltprice

• Visitor
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2014, 11:41:25 AM »
No lockers yet.  After this trip I might be in the market.  There are several of us going up Wednesday.  Hopefully we wont have too hard of a time.  Thanks for all the advice!  There is nothing like hitting slick mud on a hill and sliding down into a rut. 

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2014, 12:36:48 PM »
Just to let you know what the worst spot looks like. Don't want to scare
you off just know what it looks like.No picture of the bypass to the side

Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline ltprice

• Visitor
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2014, 01:07:39 PM »
I appreciate it!  I think I have seen all the videos on youtube of this part of the trail at least once.  I believe that if I can't make it around the bypass i'll call it quits.

Offline jgerhard

• Visitor
  • Grind Fresh Daily
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2014, 01:46:05 PM »
Here is the upper part, after the big V.

And here is Wes in the V, best !

2011 JKU
2001 XJ

Offline bjeep

• Visitor
  • Do one thing today to make tomorrow better.
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2014, 01:47:11 PM »
I drove the bypass in my dodge d250 open/open while it was snowing. You will be fine.
Marty

Offline ltprice

• Visitor
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2014, 02:04:50 PM »
Thanks!  I'm going to give it a try for sure.  Won't really know how bad it is for myself till we get there tomorrow.  Love the pics btw...makes me wish I had a jeep! 

Offline jgerhard

• Visitor
  • Grind Fresh Daily
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2014, 02:08:22 PM »
I think you can tell from bjeep's profile photo that he's a better driver than I am!  Enjoy the ride up the view is great!

2011 JKU
2001 XJ

Offline bjeep

• Visitor
  • Do one thing today to make tomorrow better.
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2014, 02:21:30 PM »
Man I will fix that. No better than anybody.
Marty

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM