BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Quality map of Windrock  (Read 582 times)

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Quality map of Windrock
« on: April 19, 2015, 09:22:19 PM »
Does anyone have a quality, printable map of Windrock ORV that is better than the basic map on their website:  http://www.windrockpark.com/wp-content/themes/twentyeleven/images/WP_Web_TrailMap.pdf

If so, please post it here or send me a PM so I can get a copy to print and laminate.

Thanks,
Clark
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Re: Quality map of Windrock
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 09:59:04 PM »
They sell them for profit and don't share much of a good one to anyone.  The one they seem is TINY A
and hard to scan and use.

Did you look at the one we have in the maps section

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 10:25:33 PM »
Clark, glad you asked. We need some good maps! Never been so somebody hopefully knows their way around.

Off Grid Post

I've grown tired of this.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2015, 10:43:36 PM »
I'll send ya mine tomorrow

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2015, 10:54:37 PM »

I'll send ya mine tomorrow

Can you post it or send it to me too
Jay

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 08:56:53 AM »
mee three
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2015, 09:44:43 AM »
Attached, can't see it myself here lol

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2015, 09:47:00 AM »
My old notes......

22...   35...   36...   81....   81a....   41/41a   3   12....   16    12    15
The usual  15 to mule to school bus to Cadillac/rail trail   16, 39
Friday we ran 15-little mule-school bus-trail 3
Then Sat we ran 39-21-22-16

Which direction is Cadillac?   If you are on trail 39 headed towards 40 you will see 39 turn up the hill to the left right were it meets 40 (rail trail). If you turn up to the left, that's cadillac.  Seems like you went straight on 40 and cam out on trail 3.

Probably wheel the normal route, 15-little mule-school bus. Then sat do 3 and 39 if the weather is nice. Then Sunday I would like to run something different. Is there any good challenging trails towards the north side of the park? Might run 22-21 then 16 Sunday.

There are several Rock Crawling areas at the Coal Creek OHV Area. The most popular course is Rattle Rock and the newest area is off of trail 16. It is so new that it doesn’t even have a name yet. There are other extremely rough and rocky trails that are perfect for rock crawling. There is the Atomic Ridge on Trail 23, Cadillac Hill on Trail 39 and the Rail Trail, also on trail 39.

How rough does 40 get after this section?  After that drop in...its right at the worst section. Then there is another section near the end thats pretty rough. Everything in the middle is pretty cool trail runnin'

From the gravel parking lot, we went to 2, then 16(to the end), then headed up the gravel rd(forget which G-number that is), then 13 to 12 then to 10. And coming out from 10 onto the gravel will put you right back out at the end of 16 on that gravel road. Then I just took the gravel road all the way back to the pavement(comes out at the top of Rattle Rock).

Whichever way you run it(12 to 10, 10 to 12), you’ll have a good climb out. 10 is a good lil hill section, but running the other way you come down a pretty rocky/steepish hill. Next time I run it, may try it that way.

t22 to 21 to 15 to mule and maybe finish off at trail 3

81, If youve been on 35 and 36....its in that area.  If you have a buggy or trailered only type rig then youve prolly never been on those trails. :o  I ride everything from 22 to Rail.
You go left on the gravel rd at the end of 22 and it gets you on 35/36
You can actually bypass the windrock entrance and go down to the stoplight....make a right and turn down the first gravel rd and itll take u right there. A 2wd truck could make it there.

81/81a area. Theres some pretty intense stuff around there from what i recall.

Anyone hit the new trail 75 yet? Saw a video of some RZRs on it. Best I can tell it somewhere over by the entrance to 39 down in the valley. Looked like a ton of fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilohsho View Post
Which direction is Cadillac? What type of difficulty is it? Our last piece of trail from last time had us come past a cave on our right and then it seems like we ended up coming out on 3 which put us coming out on the side of a main path. Does this sound correct?
From that(ending on 3/coming out on that gravel road), the quickest way to Cadillac is to go LEFT at the top of 3 on that gravel road. You'll continue a ways on that gravel road, but it will dump you right into the trail you need to be on, which is 38 I believe. You'll know it because it's pretty much the SECOND trail on the left you'll see(the first one is the EXIT to Cadillac). There's also a decent drop down from the gravel rd.

You'll continue on that trail for a bit, then like mentioned below, you'll turn left when then trail keeps going(to Rail Trail).

Also worth noting is the new "shortcut to Rail Trail/Cadillac". You'll continue out 3 like you did before, passing that cave on the right. And now where you turned up the hill last time(the climb out of 3 to the gravel rd.), you'll keep going straight passing that hill on your right.

Keep going and you'll see a drop down trail on your left. Take that trail, and it will lead you straight to the beginning of Rail Trail before the drop down in the creek. From there you can either run Rail(turn left), or continue to Cadillac(right).
As you're climbing from there, you'll see a trail come in on the left. Take that, then immediately look right, and that is Cadillac. If you want to bypass the large hole/hard spot on Cadillac, continue going on that climb out trail. It will intersect back into Cadillac about 20ft past that hole/hardspot.
The below video is basically from the top of Rail, bypassing the hole/hard spot on Cadillac Hill, and then the climb out on Cadillac back to the gravel road.
Partial Cadillac Bypass section.MOV - YouTube (at the 1:13 mark thats the trail you take to get to the bottom of Cadillac/hole section, then at the 5:40 mark it joins back in)
Final climb from Cadillac.MOV - YouTube
And this is that hole/hard spot you're bypassing(if you want to)

We went up Cadillac and then came down 3, took a right at the bottom of 3 then took a left on a trail that looks to only be a month or so old, Thatd be the new bypass/shortcut to RailTrail.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2015, 09:51:49 AM »
The BIG MAP

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2015, 12:07:35 PM »
Doug, that pic sucks. Thumbnail view. I need huge file.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2015, 12:54:38 PM »
 //LMAO//
Doug, that pic sucks. Thumbnail view. I need huge file.

Well, got one betta?

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2015, 01:03:50 PM »
Not yet homie... workin on it.

Off Grid Post

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE