BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Gas situation  (Read 692 times)

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
Re: Gas situation
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2016, 12:28:30 PM »
I do..   my dad would swap plates in texas so he could keep his truck filled up.. lol   back towns of texas, u would not see a cop for days..   funny thing is our local gas station, the owner had a farm nxt to ours, i told my dad, that he never checked.  so he stopped swaping plates.  lol   

i remember at 14 when i could drive (hardship drove combine and trucks for my granddads farm) gas was 0.20 gallon.  when i hit 17 it was like 25 maybe.. but 5 buck would keep my tank filled and i could get a moon-pie and an Dr.Pepper each morning before school, and the gun rack in my pickup had a 3030 and 306 loaded, never locked my truck.   ..  those where the days.   :)  miss that simpler time.  best thing was the rock-n-roll back then is still top noch today.
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2016, 12:32:28 PM »
I saw a Facebook post saying a lot of gas stations are limiting people to $10 or $15 fill ups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guess that breaks down to 5 gallons a person.

Who else remembers the odd/even days to purchase gas???

Yeah the gas crisis in the 70's
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2016, 12:46:23 PM »
Nothing wrong with the good old days , Don.   we did not lock our doors, no zero tollerance or PC bull..  you got caught doing something , u got punished.  your parents did not try to coddle you, ..  we did not wear head gear when we rode bikes, sometimes not even motor bikes.  if u got a cut, you wiped it and keep playing.  we did not come inside till after dark, no cell phone, the only distracted driving was trying to flip your 8 track to get the other songs..  ac was rolling your window down..  yes.  you had to roll it down.   and the dim switch was on the floorboard. 

sorry, but i miss those days.  Pot and beer was really cheap, :)
Kent Casey

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2016, 12:54:48 PM »
Nothing wrong with the good old days , Don.   we did not lock our doors, no zero tollerance or PC bull..  you got caught doing something , u got punished.  your parents did not try to coddle you, ..  we did not wear head gear when we rode bikes, sometimes not even motor bikes.  if u got a cut, you wiped it and keep playing.  we did not come inside till after dark, no cell phone, the only distracted driving was trying to flip your 8 track to get the other songs..  ac was rolling your window down..  yes.  you had to roll it down.   and the dim switch was on the floorboard. 

8 tracks sucked and you know it

but floorboard dim hi beam switch was epic, loved that thing.

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2016, 01:00:30 PM »
Damn whole lot of 8 tracks got ATE by those damn things
or heat would warp them so they didn't play....
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2016, 01:04:29 PM »
Damn whole lot of 8 tracks got ATE by those damn things
or heat would warp them so they didn't play....

8 tracks sucked and you know it

but floorboard dim hi beam switch was epic, loved that thing.

yea, but we did not know anybetter..   my senior year i finally replaced mine with casseste ? cant spell , and a friend of mine had a recorder that would let us copy the 8 track onto the casseste .   one of those replaced a ton of 8 tracks.  i got back a ton of console space. lol
Kent Casey

Online Cannonballkev

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2016, 01:04:58 PM »
I remember as a kid, living in Italy.  You could not drive vehicles on Sunday's, on base or off.  We would ride our bikes all over the Italian town we lived in, but now we did it in the middle of the street.
  Ah, the good ol'days of actuall going outside to play!

@tcdawg  I was just thinking the other day about how I missed the bright light switch in the floorboard!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 01:06:25 PM by Cannonballkev »
Get dirty, or get off the trail!

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2016, 01:05:19 PM »

Don't disagree just messing with you

I know, I would expect nothing less.  ;)  all good.
Kent Casey

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2016, 03:25:30 PM »
My wife was saying that in response to the Katrina shortage,  QT guarantees that they will never run out again.
I got gas at 2:45 pm for $2.39. About 1/4 the stations I passed on the way home were out of gas. If it won't be fixed until next week I'd estimate the number will be more like 90% of the stations will be out of gas.

Surprised they didn't try blaming terrorist for the outage.

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2016, 03:33:40 PM »
A few pumps ran out down here in augusta, kind of surprised actually. I filled up diesel for 2.15 and I think wife's was 1.89 or 1.99

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2016, 04:04:03 PM »
My wife was saying that in response to the Katrina shortage,  QT guarantees that they will never run out again.
I got gas at 2:45 pm for $2.39. About 1/4 the stations I passed on the way home were out of gas. If it won't be fixed until next week I'd estimate the number will be more like 90% of the stations will be out of gas.

Surprised they didn't try blaming terrorist for the outage.
The qt in Acworth was put on Saturday night.  The one on hwy 41 in Marietta had premium and diesel, but not the cheap stuff, thus morning.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Scott F.

• Visitor
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2016, 06:41:58 PM »

@tcdawg  I was just thinking the other day about how I missed the bright light switch in the floorboard!

My Willys.....uh I mean my son's Willys has this. I find myself flashing the lights when driving around for no reason, just fun.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM