BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Back from Tellico (Pics)  (Read 5279 times)

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
Back from Tellico (Pics)
« on: June 29, 2008, 12:34:40 PM »
Well, me and Jessica made it back about 10:30 last night. Left just in time. That storm was looking pretty intense. Hopefully you guys didnt get too wet. We had a blast. Great turn out, 14 rigs. Good eats, good people and some good riding. Cant beat that. Definitely had some carnage...but I will let those people tell those stories. I got out with a little rim rash. Will post what pics I have soon. Nice meeting the new guys and good seeing the ususals...We had a blast.

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w196/gatrailriders/Tellico%20June%2027th-28th%202008/

« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 01:08:22 PM by Matt »
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Chris Hyde

Re: Back from Tellico (Pics)
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 01:57:08 PM »
I second the "Having a blast!"   ;D

Offline GIJoe4500

• Visitor
    • San Antonio Offroad
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 02:14:40 PM »
Who had the carnage?  Was it broken parts, or just some beat up body panels?
3" body lift, 6" ProComp suspension lift, toolbox, 36x15.50 Dick Cepek Mud Countrys, 4x4 conversion in progress

Chris Hyde

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 02:27:46 PM »
1 broken axle - Seth
1 busted radiator - Jud
2 rockers damaged (1 bad) - Tony
1 door damaged - Tony
1 broken mirror - Mike
1 axle clunking - Will

There may be more, but I cant remember.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 02:39:56 PM by Chris »

Offline TJBrad04

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008, 03:50:14 PM »
did ya'll get caught in that squall line sat evening? i checked the weather when we got back from the comp in Spartanburg, it looked pretty ugly on radar.

Offline GIJoe4500

• Visitor
    • San Antonio Offroad
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2008, 04:12:44 PM »
Its a little late now, but it sounds like Tony needs some sliders.
3" body lift, 6" ProComp suspension lift, toolbox, 36x15.50 Dick Cepek Mud Countrys, 4x4 conversion in progress

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2008, 06:05:36 PM »
Looks like y'all had a blast. Wish I could have made it. Will is having more axle trouble? Front or rear?
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2008, 06:15:11 PM »
did ya'll get caught in that squall line sat evening? i checked the weather when we got back from the comp in Spartanburg, it looked pretty ugly on radar.

We were all back at the cabin when it started raining. The last food had just been taken of the grill when the bottom fell out.  It rained a lot through the night, enough to cancel my morning ride.The cook out was awesome!  Thanks to everyone that contributed.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 06:17:20 PM by Doug »

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2008, 06:15:43 PM »
Looks like y'all had a blast. Wish I could have made it. Will is having more axle trouble? Front or rear?

I found it before I left this morning. The rear sway bar link popped over the bushings. The bushing with bolt and washer was still attached to the frame, but the link was pulled off of it. After coming over a few of the washouts it took out one of my exhaust hangers. I got the bushing back in the link and bolting down, and the exhaust will be a quick fix when we get back to the shop.

Had an absolute blast guys! The wheeling, scenery, food, and company was top notch! You can't ask for a much better weekend. We should have a lot more good pictures flowing in soon. Thanks to everybody for making it possible.

Did we get any video of that fussball game...  :D
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2008, 06:17:00 PM »
I found it before I left this morning. The rear sway bar link popped over the bushings. The bushing with bolt and washer was still attached to the frame, but the link was pulled off of it. After coming over a few of the washouts it took out one of my exhaust hangers. I got the bushing back in the link and bolting down, and the exhaust will be a quick fix when we get back to the shop.

You need to protect everything around your rear axle, haha. You better be coming to River Rock this weekend!
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2008, 06:19:56 PM »

You need to protect everything around your rear axle, haha. You better be coming to River Rock this weekend!

I really want to. We'll see dude. I gotta fix a bad driveline vib when I get back.  :P
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2008, 06:20:11 PM »

x2 - You better come this weekend!  I'll send a pm.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM