BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: COVID-19 Don't Panic!  (Read 10629 times)

Offline TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: COVID-19 Don't Panic!
« Reply #156 on: March 21, 2020, 03:29:17 PM »
meant to ask if anyone's heard from @TravisMac ? thinking 'bout him & wondered how he's feelin'...
Thanks - hanging in there. Better than yesterday today in some ways and worse than other. I’m leaning towards this is just a really bad case of the flu based on the symptoms. I’ve finally kicked the fever but have traded it for a throat full of razor blades and swollen/sore lymph nodes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope that you recover quickly.  Did you get tested?  I have the flu strain B at the beginning of Feb.  Doctor gave me Tamaflu Rx and it knock it out quickly.
Flu test yes - it was negative. They wouldn’t test me for covid
I wonder how many times this happens to others and it is the virus?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
According to the data from South Korea (they tested broadly, with symptoms and without) about 900k people are positive but haven’t gotten a test to confirm

Travis Macdonald
Crossthreading is nature's locktite

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #157 on: March 21, 2020, 03:38:12 PM »
meant to ask if anyone's heard from @TravisMac ? thinking 'bout him & wondered how he's feelin'...
Thanks - hanging in there. Better than yesterday today in some ways and worse than other. I’m leaning towards this is just a really bad case of the flu based on the symptoms. I’ve finally kicked the fever but have traded it for a throat full of razor blades and swollen/sore lymph nodes

not ," Like" for your throat, but you follow ...heal up , man 👍🏻
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #158 on: March 22, 2020, 07:50:52 AM »
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #159 on: March 22, 2020, 01:47:40 PM »
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #160 on: March 22, 2020, 10:13:12 PM »
Interesting short read:
 https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/technical-guidance/naming-the-coronavirus-disease-(covid-2019)-and-the-virus-that-causes-it

Snippet:

Naming the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and the virus that causes it

Official names have been announced for the virus responsible for COVID-19 (previously known as “2019 novel coronavirus”) and the disease it causes.  The official names are:

Disease 

coronavirus disease 

(COVID-19)

Virus 
severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 
(SARS-CoV-2)

Why do the virus and the disease have different names? 

Viruses, and the diseases they cause, often have different names.  For example, HIV is the virus that causes AIDS.  People often know the name of a disease, such as measles, but not the name of the virus that causes it (rubeola).

There are different processes, and purposes, for naming viruses and diseases.

Viruses are named based on their genetic structure to facilitate the development of diagnostic tests, vaccines and medicines. Virologists and the wider scientific community do this work, so viruses are named by the International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV).  

Diseases are named to enable discussion on disease prevention, spread, transmissibility, severity and treatment. Human disease preparedness and response is WHO’s role, so diseases are officially named by WHO in the International Classification of Diseases (ICD).

ICTV announced “severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2)” as the name of the new virus on 11 February 2020.  This name was chosen because the virus is genetically related to the coronavirus responsible for the SARS outbreak of 2003.  While related, the two viruses are different.   

WHO announced “COVID-19” as the name of this new disease on 11 February 2020, following guidelines previously developed with the World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE) and the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO).

WHO Director-General's remarks at the media on 11 February 2020

WHO Situation Report on 11 February 2020

WHO and ICTV were in communication about the naming of both the virus and the disease.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #161 on: March 22, 2020, 10:19:10 PM »
Just to be clear, we’re still not panicking, correct?
Travis Macdonald
Crossthreading is nature's locktite

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #162 on: March 22, 2020, 10:56:42 PM »
The national debt is causing me to be slightly uncomfortable, but not panicking.  $1T in tax breaks to the rich last year; $2T+ to pay people to not work; What's next...college loan forgiveness and single-payer health insurance???
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Scott F.

• Visitor
« Reply #163 on: March 23, 2020, 07:26:51 AM »
The national debt is causing me to be slightly uncomfortable, but not panicking.  $1T in tax breaks to the rich last year; $2T+ to pay people to not work; What's next...college loan forgiveness and single-payer health insurance???

Maybe the President thinks he can file for bankruptcy for the country like his businesses?  All part of a the strategy maybe?

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #164 on: March 23, 2020, 07:31:00 AM »

Maybe the President thinks he can file for bankruptcy for the country like his businesses?  All part of a the strategy maybe?
I believe you're on to something!  Crazy like a fox...he has fool proof plan (you know, a plan that proves you're a fool).

The problem is that Congress is/was complicit...SMH.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
« Reply #165 on: March 23, 2020, 07:59:50 AM »
[/url]
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline jesseshoots

• Visitor
« Reply #166 on: March 23, 2020, 08:52:24 AM »

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #167 on: March 23, 2020, 08:54:39 AM »
Ah...good ole censorship still alive and well in 'merica

Yeah, I made a mistake.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 10:50:01 AM by clark123456 »
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK