BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: COVID-19 Don't Panic!  (Read 10621 times)

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
Re: COVID-19 Don't Panic!
« Reply #252 on: March 30, 2020, 04:16:58 PM »
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #253 on: March 30, 2020, 05:19:02 PM »
Tampa Mega-Church pastor claims that their equipment will shoot down germs
https://www.fox13news.com/news/tampa-megachurch-crowded-with-worshipers-despite-social-distancing-orders

Why isn't the government buying those fancy machines? This whole thing could be over as fast as 100 mph.
The same speed at which they relieve their congregation of their funds.
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #254 on: March 30, 2020, 05:40:15 PM »
The church dude is facing criminal charges for having a service with over 500 in attendance.

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #255 on: March 31, 2020, 07:02:25 PM »
Just concluded a Zoom session among our global managers.  The exec team did some worst case scenario planning and the impact on our business.  The drivers were preserving jobs and preserving capital.  I am proud to say that they have put the employees first and have built a plan to protect every single job in the company (about 325 people globally).  So, no layoffs but we all share in some cost reduction.  Our CEO is taking a 50% pay cut and all exec bonuses are gone for 2020.  All execs are taking a 30% pay cut.  All bonuses for all employees are gone for 2020.   All employees will take a 5% pay reduction.  No merit increases for 2020.  Revenue generating roles in sales will still be paid commissions (that's good news for my team).  It's never great news to hear you are getting a pay cut, but the upside is that everyone keeps their job and has benefits, etc.  All of this will be reinstated once our business returns to normal.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 07:03:38 PM by jd30005 »
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #256 on: March 31, 2020, 07:30:43 PM »
Just concluded a Zoom session among our global managers.  The exec team did some worst case scenario planning and the impact on our business.  The drivers were preserving jobs and preserving capital.  I am proud to say that they have put the employees first and have built a plan to protect every single job in the company (about 325 people globally).  So, no layoffs but we all share in some cost reduction.  Our CEO is taking a 50% pay cut and all exec bonuses are gone for 2020.  All execs are taking a 30% pay cut.  All bonuses for all employees are gone for 2020.   All employees will take a 5% pay reduction.  No merit increases for 2020.  Revenue generating roles in sales will still be paid commissions (that's good news for my team).  It's never great news to hear you are getting a pay cut, but the upside is that everyone keeps their job and has benefits, etc.  All of this will be reinstated once our business returns to normal.
That's a good deal. Over 3 million people have filed so far for unemployment due to this stupid virus.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #257 on: March 31, 2020, 07:31:20 PM »
That is relatively excellent to hear.  Good for you and your company!

I haven't heard anything about our business, but I know we are still in demand...as long as paying for our services isn't at the expense of Maslow's hierarchy's bottom two tiers. 

I have already accepted my 2020 bonus (paid in 2021) will be decimated

Historical note:
During the great depression, Kellogg's moved from a 40 work week to a 30 work week so more people could have a job.  They stuck with it for decades afterwards.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline kvom

• Visitor
  • Kirk
« Reply #258 on: April 01, 2020, 07:53:17 AM »
Both my daughters are working from their homes.  One has reduced hours but almost nothing to do.  The other mainly worked online at the office and still has conferences with customers, but less than before. 
00 TJ  stuff
02 F250 CC LB 7.3 tow pig
18 Honda CRV
12 Chrysler 200 - Wife's car

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #259 on: April 01, 2020, 08:57:59 AM »
So far all of our construction sites are still going. Lucky for us transportation is considered essential. Look at how much money from the CARES act is going to transportation. Total protection.
Chuck & Sherry

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #260 on: April 01, 2020, 09:09:30 AM »
So far all of our construction sites are still going. Lucky for us transportation is considered essential. Look at how much money from the CARES act is going to transportation. Total protection.
I haven't heard of any going there...please educate me.

Wave IV sounds like it would fully fund transportation infrastructure for a decade.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #261 on: April 01, 2020, 10:42:17 AM »
I haven't heard of any going there...please educate me.

Wave IV sounds like it would fully fund transportation infrastructure for a decade.

Other transportation winners include rail and transit operators. Amtrak would get $1.02 billion to cover coronavirus-related revenue losses and support state-funded routes. State and local transit agencies would get $25 billion for operating and capital expenses.
Chuck & Sherry

Offline 8lugLJ

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #262 on: April 01, 2020, 12:01:01 PM »
Its all stupid AF IMO. 80k died from the flu last year in the US alone, and it didnt shut down shit. People are soft, and we are letting the government dictate, (entirely unconstitutionally i might add) how we are living our lives and making our livings.
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #263 on: April 01, 2020, 01:00:55 PM »
Its all stupid AF IMO. 80k died from the flu last year in the US alone, and it didnt shut down shit. People are soft, and we are letting the government dictate, (entirely unconstitutionally i might add) how we are living our lives and making our livings.

Well, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. However, Flu season runs between October and May and CDC estimates that between October 1, 2019 to March 21, 2020 there has only been 62k estimated deaths related to flu. Also, according to the CDC the flu only has a mortality rate of less than .1%, COVID is currently running at a 5% mortality rate so we'll have to wait and see where COVID deaths reach in a 7 month run.

*EDIT* The current US mortality rate is only 2%, which is still more than double the .1% of the flu.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 01:08:00 PM by Trailabite »
Chuck & Sherry

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM