BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: COVID-19 Don't Panic!  (Read 10628 times)

Offline Bruce

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: COVID-19 Don't Panic!
« Reply #276 on: April 01, 2020, 03:48:56 PM »
I have very few public comments on this

One thing I hope we see later is the number of tests given for this vs other issues.  If we only test the ones who we think have it, then the results will be higher.  I honestly do not know how many people we actually test for the Flu.  I was tested for the flu back in jan, I was negative.  It is the first time I actually remember in a long time that I was given an actual flu test, vs just here are some drugs or come back in 3 days if you still have the symptoms.

Numbers can be manipulated to show what ever needs to be shown.  I don't feel like we have a great grasp of the overall issue and the real numbers.  When they come out in 3-5 years it will be interesting to look back and see what the real impact was.

At least I am sitting at home watching all the neighbors walk their dogs and have them poop on my corner.  Yeah for yoga pants.
Bruce
03 TJR
04.5 Dodge CTD
05 LJR
2017 JKU

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #277 on: April 01, 2020, 03:50:02 PM »
@Trailabite
aren't you a Chief Estimator? are decimal points inconsequential at your company?  [poke]

That's why I have estimators that do all of the work lol.
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #278 on: April 01, 2020, 03:58:11 PM »
I have been watching the daily numbers https://dph.georgia.gov/covid-19-daily-status-report

The Rural counties #'s are really starting to increase. Dekalb, Cobb, and Fulton have more testing sites so the numbers of people being tested is increasing. I am curious what the margin of error is because there are a lot of people being told to stay home that they haven't tested.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline Bruce

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #279 on: April 01, 2020, 04:36:57 PM »
My parents, up around Justin, have indicated many many people are starting to leave the city and retreat to their vacation homes.  They are buying out the stores of supplies.  I would think this will help things expand as well.
Bruce
03 TJR
04.5 Dodge CTD
05 LJR
2017 JKU

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #280 on: April 01, 2020, 04:38:24 PM »
I have been watching the daily numbers https://dph.georgia.gov/covid-19-daily-status-report

The Rural counties #'s are really starting to increase. Dekalb, Cobb, and Fulton have more testing sites so the numbers of people being tested is increasing. I am curious what the margin of error is because there are a lot of people being told to stay home that they haven't tested.

Hopefully, the testing is getting more accurate as well. They were saying the earlier test were only 30% accurate.
Chuck & Sherry

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #281 on: April 01, 2020, 04:45:00 PM »
My parents, up around Justin, have indicated many many people are starting to leave the city and retreat to their vacation homes.  They are buying out the stores of supplies.  I would think this will help things expand as well.
The New Jersey governor told his people a while ago:  Do not go to your beach house...if you get sick, there are not enough hospital resources to take care of you.

probably the same applies to Union county...but since it's fake news, they really won't have to worry in NoGA.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #282 on: April 01, 2020, 04:48:38 PM »

Hopefully, the testing is getting more accurate as well. They were saying the earlier test were only 30% accurate.

A friend of mine that's a researcher sent me this daily chart that allows you to see the timeline.
https://covid-19.direct/state/GA

I hope its better than 30% though, my Doc did warn me about False Negatives.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #283 on: April 01, 2020, 04:55:39 PM »

A friend of mine that's a researcher sent me this daily chart that allows you to see the timeline.
https://covid-19.direct/state/GA

I hope its better than 30% though, my Doc did warn me about False Negatives.

So 139 people died in 18 days!
Chuck & Sherry

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #284 on: April 01, 2020, 07:20:22 PM »
So GA is going SIP on Friday with details to come out tomorrow. Schools closed for the rest of this school year.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #285 on: April 01, 2020, 08:04:52 PM »
Gainesville city is going SIP tonight at midnight.
All restaurants & such will be closed.
I bet the liquor stores got cleaned out.

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #286 on: April 01, 2020, 09:13:24 PM »
Liquor and gun stores better be "critical facilities".

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #287 on: April 01, 2020, 09:17:58 PM »
Liquor stores are deemed essential

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM