BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: COVID-19 Don't Panic!  (Read 10553 times)

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: COVID-19 Don't Panic!
« Reply #384 on: April 09, 2020, 10:45:31 AM »
Some are saying that a shutdown like this could happen every 3 months until the virus is better handled.

'they' say a lot, don't they.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #385 on: April 09, 2020, 12:24:31 PM »
Naw, I'm quarantined a the lake and taking my quinine and zinc.  Won't let the daughters visit and only going out for necessities wearing a mask. 

Good news, the completely wrong data has been reanalyzed and over stated death estimates have been revised downward and now the numbers are more like a normal flu.  Yep its different and highly contagious, of course social distancing always helps, but meds are working, respirator high pressure is now known to be bad, and so treatment is more correct and more effective. 

Fauci Slashes U.S. Death Projection, Raising Hope for Reopening

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-09/fauci-says-u-s-virus-deaths-may-be-60-000-halving-projections

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #386 on: April 09, 2020, 01:02:52 PM »
Naw, I'm quarantined a the lake and taking my quinine and zinc.  Won't let the daughters visit and only going out for necessities wearing a mask. 

Good news, the completely wrong data has been reanalyzed and over stated death estimates have been revised downward and now the numbers are more like a normal flu.  Yep its different and highly contagious, of course social distancing always helps, but meds are working, respirator high pressure is now known to be bad, and so treatment is more correct and more effective. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-09/fauci-says-u-s-virus-deaths-may-be-60-000-halving-projections

Even with that, it looks people won't be able to start going back to work until May. I was on a conference call this morning and my company is saying we will most likely still be working from home going into July.
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #387 on: April 09, 2020, 05:47:29 PM »

Even with that, it looks people won't be able to start going back to work until May. I was on a conference call this morning and my company is saying we will most likely still be working from home going into July.
Yeah, my company has stated anything, but I know it'll be at least late-May for us to return to normal; but most of our Corp office is WFH.  I think Doug (and many others) are hopeful that the lesser people, who can't work from home, will get out there soon to get the economy running again.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #388 on: April 09, 2020, 06:41:34 PM »
Yeah, my company has stated anything, but I know it'll be at least late-May for us to return to normal; but most of our Corp office is WFH.  I think Doug (and many others) are hopeful that the lesser people, who can't work from home, will get out there soon to get the economy running again.

Who are these lesser people? Sounds like a liberal term... you know we're all Gods children. 

You are incorrect again, my hope is that folks that want to work can and will be able to feed their families and pay their bills and not lose what they have worked so hard to obtain.  I'm not untouched from this in quite a few ways including an income cut (probably killed or seriously injured the bonus for 2020 too) and we furloughed some last week and reorganized and said goodbye to some this week. Far tougher times than are warranted by CV19 had it been handled properly from the beginning in Wuhan.

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #389 on: April 09, 2020, 06:53:42 PM »

Who are these lesser people? Sounds like a liberal term... you know we're all Gods children. 

You are incorrect again, my hope is that folks that want to work can and will be able to feed their families and pay their bills and not lose what they have worked so hard to obtain.  I'm not untouched from this in quite a few ways including an income cut (probably killed or seriously injured the bonus for 2020 too) and we furloughed some last week and reorganized and said goodbye to some this week. Far tougher times than are warranted by CV19 had it been handled properly from the beginning in Wuhan.

Lesser people...and I quote, "can't work from home."

E.g., those who can't work from home, can't be productive.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #390 on: April 10, 2020, 08:20:32 AM »
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #391 on: April 10, 2020, 08:57:58 AM »
Do you know of any places to get meat for smoking right now? 

Offline Grass Janitor

• GATR STAFF
« Reply #392 on: April 10, 2020, 10:27:20 AM »
One of my buddies sent a pic of a full cooler of meat at Ferguson’s in Cumming the other day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sam- Silver 2012 JKUR on 37s

Offline msnajkowski

• Visitor
« Reply #393 on: April 10, 2020, 10:45:36 AM »

I went to Wilks, also in Cumming this past Sunday and they had plenty of meat. Lot of Briskets.
The best way to escape from a problem is to solve it. ~ Alan Saporta

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #394 on: April 10, 2020, 10:52:04 AM »
costco???
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #395 on: April 10, 2020, 11:34:23 AM »

Pataks in Austell is open. Several co workers go there.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM