BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Back from Tellico  (Read 10018 times)

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
Back from Tellico
« on: August 17, 2008, 02:32:37 PM »
Well I am back from Tellico. Had an awesome time and have alot of video to post up later. Great to see everyone again and meet the new guys! Weather was awesome! Rained saturday night for about an hour heavy. We left for a ride up schoolbus to heli then down guardrail and we had to detour. I headed up the bus to get into position to turn around and winch people if need be but Myseld and Judd were the only ones to make it up. We had to turn back and head down the snotty bus! Fun! Then heade over to check out upper 2. We stopped and looked at the rock garden and some of us walked down to look. Man! If they ever open that trail, just for a weekend I will be there! If you have not seen it you should go and look it over! We started up 2 and hit the main ledges around 9:00pm. Mike was lead and he did really good but there was a rock jutting out on the passenger side which convinced him to winch past that point. No doubt he would have made it if the rock was not there. Next came Judd and the locker woes got the best of him. I know he was mad, I was too! He would have had it but he was "3 wheelin it". Next came me. I was a bit skeptical as I faced the wall of rock but with coacj=hing and a bit of the skinny I got over the ledge without a line! YEAH MAN! Then came the rock which was about to bust the passenger back window out of the hardtop! If I did not have the top on I would probably have made it! DANG! Winched the spot and got hung a few times on the next spot and Chris worked me through. Awesome job man! Karma for that! Next was Glenn and he I did not get to watch since I was workin it. I think all else thought better and time was gettin away from us so the last one was a 4 door ruby on 60's and 37s. He sheered off his track bar mount from the frame and so we sent mike out for the help and welder. We ended up hitting trail 1 around 1am. I have to say that was the most awesome climb I have ever done at Tellico! Big thanks to Chris for a little stacking and all else for spots. It was a BLAST to make it up that ledge with no winch! I think it was a great ride and would love to try it again... when it's DRY!! I am sure we have good shots from alot of cameras so when I get the videos loaded up on the tube I will post up.
I've grown tired of this.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Back from Tellico
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 02:35:53 PM »
Sorry for the terrible typing, I am exhausted! ;)

06trailrig

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 04:12:58 PM »
sounds like it was fun as hell

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 04:47:43 PM »
I hate I missed it.   :'(
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

ranger11

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 05:26:41 PM »
 nps

Chris Hyde

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2008, 08:15:57 PM »
Ben, you did great bro.  As always, I was glad to help. Wait until you see the pics of my front bumper 7' off the ground.  :D

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2008, 08:33:43 PM »
Yeah, I just had to miss that one! When nature calls I go a runnin! Man, what an awesome trip. We need to hit that one again. I took a quick glance under the Jeep tonight after unloading and all and saw my rear lower control arm mount was bent to hell! It is an easy fix, but I must have nailed that thing when you and I were workin up! I hope somebody got some pics!

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2008, 09:23:45 PM »
Got one video up. Man, internet is slow tonight. here is Glenn and Doug walking the ledge on 4.

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2008, 09:26:10 PM »
Nice.  Pics pics pics!!!  :)
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2008, 09:39:01 PM »
Another of Glenn on the bus.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2008, 10:03:44 PM »
Just got home.  Left you a voice mail, came over to Crawford's for fuel at 11 and you were gone.  You should have stuck around, we did guardrail (Mike and Jeff from Allsouth climbed it, AWESOME!), Heli, and down the bus.  Awesome day, and great end to a fabulous weekend.  Where's that new avatar for me?  ;D

Offline Racing4funn

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2008, 10:18:09 PM »
Hell Yea!!  always fun as long as ya get out the woods..  My pictures might show up here..  My wife's camera was lost some time durning that night ride..  It was found the next day and rode around with strangers.  They had viewed some of the pictures and on the Sunday ride they noticed the same Jeeps as were in some of the picture and turned it over to Georgia Trail Riders..  HOW COOL IS THAT..  So I still dont have it but I know who does and thats all good with me!  {toast}

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM