BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Getting in shape 2008 / 2009 / 2010  (Read 51012 times)

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
Re: Getting in shape
« Reply #720 on: November 11, 2009, 08:09:10 AM »
Still here, still running - up to 4 miles now! The weight loss slowed a bit because I drifted off my diet and a few too many beers over the past weekend. Didn't gain, didn't lose........
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Daniel

« Reply #721 on: November 11, 2009, 09:13:35 AM »
Hey Chuck, are you actually running the entire 4 miles?  I can't do that.  At most, I might be able to run 1/2 a mile without having to break for a walk.  I guess I need to get more strict on running and also working out and definitely watching what I eat which is the hard part for me. 

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #722 on: November 11, 2009, 10:59:40 AM »
Hey Chuck, are you actually running the entire 4 miles?  I can't do that.  At most, I might be able to run 1/2 a mile without having to break for a walk.  I guess I need to get more strict on running and also working out and definitely watching what I eat which is the hard part for me. 

Yes I make the full 4 miles jogging and then I walk about a half mile to cool down!
Chuck & Sherry

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #723 on: November 11, 2009, 11:01:10 AM »
Yes I make the full 4 miles jogging and then I walk about a half mile to cool down!

Man!  You're doing awesome!

Daniel

« Reply #724 on: November 11, 2009, 12:27:14 PM »

That's awesome! I need to get to that point. Just gotta stay motivated and keep at it, huh?

BigJerm

« Reply #725 on: November 11, 2009, 07:58:02 PM »
I have not been on the weights here lately. Range last week kept me from working out and this week is pushups/situps with DT's starting friday through next week.

Offline JeepnGal

• Visitor
« Reply #726 on: November 11, 2009, 08:56:26 PM »
About a month ago I posted up some goals for myself. Still have 2 more weeks for the 6wk goal of being able to use my knee without pain and lift the 50lbs over my head.

Completed 1 set of 15reps of the 50lbs today so I'm happy about that. I've not used weights on my knee yet, won't at least for another 2 weeks. I did some squats today with no pain (just a slight twinge/pull) in the knee and it feels more stable.

I'm pretty sure I wracked the knee up good.  However, I've no insurance so I'll worry about it later. Knee's noisy as my Jeep every time I do squats or use the stairs, lol. Click Clunk!

Offline swamprat

• Visitor
« Reply #727 on: November 11, 2009, 09:12:16 PM »
im pretty fit, but am horrible unconditioned. my goals are get conditioned so that when i do parkour i dont end up dead the next day.  ;D

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #728 on: November 12, 2009, 08:14:18 AM »
About a month ago I posted up some goals for myself. Still have 2 more weeks for the 6wk goal of being able to use my knee without pain and lift the 50lbs over my head.

Completed 1 set of 15reps of the 50lbs today so I'm happy about that. I've not used weights on my knee yet, won't at least for another 2 weeks. I did some squats today with no pain (just a slight twinge/pull) in the knee and it feels more stable.

I'm pretty sure I wracked the knee up good.  However, I've no insurance so I'll worry about it later. Knee's noisy as my Jeep every time I do squats or use the stairs, lol. Click Clunk!

JeepnGal, I know what you mean, both of my shoulders crack when I use weights and they usually end up hurting like hell. I have bone on bone in both shoulders - one of the reasons I quit using weights for now.
Chuck & Sherry

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #729 on: November 12, 2009, 08:16:34 AM »

Man!  You're doing awesome!

Thanks Doug, now if I could just stay away from the beer and wine I could probably lose a little more weight.

Daniel, just like Glen always says - slow and steady and you will get there!

Jeremy, you just need to get up an hour earlier ;D
Chuck & Sherry

Daniel

« Reply #730 on: November 12, 2009, 09:11:05 AM »

Yeah man.  I'm gonna try and keep at it and do my jogging if the weather's nice.  It's been pretty if-y outside the past couple of days. 

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #731 on: November 12, 2009, 10:02:35 AM »

Yeah man.  I'm gonna try and keep at it and do my jogging if the weather's nice.  It's been pretty if-y outside the past couple of days. 

That's one thing nice about being down here in Miami, the weather is almost always perfect in the mornings. Just have to watch out for the alligators, crocodiles, snakes, ugly duck, snapping turtles, fire ants, scorpions, huge spiders, 1 pound poisonous frogs and Cubans on scooters! Other than that no issues ;D
Chuck & Sherry

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM